Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Quote Originally Posted by jet66 View Post
    Is the folder named 'fw-umbrella-semaphore' exactly that way on your desktop, or is it named something like 'fw-umbrella-semaphore-220-1'? Mine extracted as the latter. If that is the case, either rename the folder (just remove the extra parts of the name) or type the whole folder name when doing the cd command.
    I was under the impression that it is something that I enter in terminal (from the online instructions) ...not something that gets extracted. What do I enter to get "extracted" code?

What do you do for these steps?:

2) Open cmd.exe and cd to the fw-umbrella-semaphore directory (cd Desktop/fw-umbrella-semaphore)
    What does "cd" mean?
    3) Important! Disable any other servers using port 80 (usually webservers). TinyTSS needs to use it to create it's mini-webserver.

(How would I do this?)

4) If you installed 32bit Java type: tinytss.exe -f 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh
    If you installed 64bit Java type: tinytss64.exe -f 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh
    Where 1111111111111-iphone-3.0.shsh is the name of the shsh file you want to use.

Can someone explain thoroughly please especially 2 and 3, thanks
    Last edited by mSidhu; 2010-02-06 at 08:50 PM.

When you downloaded the .zip file and extracted/ decompressed it to the desktop, all of the .jar files should be in a folder on the desktop. Mine automatically named it 'fw-umbrella- semaphore-220-1.' that first command in terminal is changing the active directory to that folder name. If the folder name and/or the path you type in doesn't match exactly, you will see the same error that you posted.

I got as far as step 4 :

"Now you need to edit your etc/hosts:

1) Open Terminal.app (In Applications -> Utilities) and do: sudo nano /etc/hosts
    2) Comment out 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com if it exists by pressing the down arrow until you get to it, then by putting a # in front so it looks like: #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    3) Press the down arrow until you get to the bottom (empty) line
    4) Type: 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    5) Press Ctrl + O, press enter, then Ctrl + X.

In terminal run ping gs.apple.com
    It should respond:

Pinging gs.apple.com (127.0.0.1) with 56 bytes of data."

upon pushing enter it says "Pinging gs.apple.com (127.0.0.1) with 56 bytes of data"
    then continues to ping and does not stop

When i try to go to step 5 and downgrade, it says "the iphone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable: please try again later"

did I do something wrong?

I have the same issue as nosewitdot. Everything was perfect until I got the same error message about the update server being unavailable.

UPDATE:

I reran the steps beginning with the Terminal.app functions and got a string of lines about the blobs. I had not seen that the first time I tried all this. I also saw that my Terminal now said that TinyTSS was running on Port 80. I had already edited my hosts file so I skipped that part and was able to restore to 3.1.2. The phone is syncing as I type this.

Many thanks to Saurik for hosting my SHSH and to Semaphore and iGuru for the apps and instructions that made all this possible!
    Last edited by Jabberwock; 2010-02-07 at 10:28 PM.

Thumbs up Restored 3.1.2 on 3GS
    Jus wanna say iGuru..duude u saved my iPhone!! i was going to upgrade to 3.1.3 because i was searching desperately for methods to restore to 3.1.2 and couldnt find any..found urz and thought ill give it a shot! and WOW!!! i mean i got my firmware back and i can again enjoy a jailbroken fone.. THXXX DUUDE!!

Ok, so I have a 3GS Ė 16GB (old bootrom) which was initially running 3.0 or 3.1 when I bought it. So I redsn0w-ed it and when 3.1.2 came out I updated it using shift-restore and a custom ipsw. In cydia, I opted to "make my life easier", so it has my SHSHs on file. Everything has worked well for months...
    Until this morning when I updated some things in cydia and upon reboot, it wouldn't go pass the apple logo. Tried irecover, iphonebrower but none work.

Desperate, I entered recovery mode and did a restore, taking my chance that it wouldn't work and I would be forced to update it to 3.1.3 and lose my jailbreak. I did a shift-restore and pointed it to my custom 3.1.2 ipsw, saw the messages where it was verifying with the servers and after a while, to my surprise, it started restoring without any errors!

Of course, Iím relieved I have a working, jailbroken 3.1.2 again and I have since restored my message/contacts from my last backup and am syncing my apps and music. iTunes even prompted it found a newer version (3.1.3) and if I wanted to download and install, which I obviously clicked NO...

The question is, why did it worked? I did not do anything on my pc and a ping to gs.apple.com still pointed to the apple servers, 17.151.xx.xx.

I find it highly unlikely that it was luck that the verification servers werenít working or something, but an answer to this may help people who need to do a 3.1.2 restore and jailbreak.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to just-i For This Useful Post:

Jabberwock (2010-02-07)

this is what it says in command prommt at the bottem, did I do it correctly?

TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: ***Response***
    TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: Successfully wrote blob response

But I still can't restore my phone on itunes a error shows up saying something like the restore cant be done and a 3001 error.
    Last edited by mSidhu; 2010-02-08 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by just-i View Post
    Ok, so I have a 3GS Ė 16GB (old bootrom) which was initially running 3.0 or 3.1 when I bought it. So I redsn0w-ed it and when 3.1.2 came out I updated it using shift-restore and a custom ipsw. In cydia, I opted to "make my life easier", so it has my SHSHs on file. Everything has worked well for months...
    Until this morning when I updated some things in cydia and upon reboot, it wouldn't go pass the apple logo. Tried irecover, iphonebrower but none work.

Desperate, I entered recovery mode and did a restore, taking my chance that it wouldn't work and I would be forced to update it to 3.1.3 and lose my jailbreak. I did a shift-restore and pointed it to my custom 3.1.2 ipsw, saw the messages where it was verifying with the servers and after a while, to my surprise, it started restoring without any errors!

Of course, Iím relieved I have a working, jailbroken 3.1.2 again and I have since restored my message/contacts from my last backup and am syncing my apps and music. iTunes even prompted it found a newer version (3.1.3) and if I wanted to download and install, which I obviously clicked NO...

The question is, why did it worked? I did not do anything on my pc and a ping to gs.apple.com still pointed to the apple servers, 17.151.xx.xx.

I find it highly unlikely that it was luck that the verification servers werenít working or something, but an answer to this may help people who need to do a 3.1.2 restore and jailbreak.
    Lucky! similar thing happened to me, but I just gave up out of frustration and restored to 3.1.3. I'd rather have a working phone rather than a phone that I can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by mSidhu View Post
    this is what it says in command prommt at the bottem, did I do it correctly?

TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: ***Response***
    TinyTSS[INFO|TinyTSS-RequestHandler|4:47:03]: Successfully wrote blob response

But I still can't restore my phone on itunes a error shows up saying something like the restore cant be done and a 3001 error.
    I am having the exact same problem as you

Out of curiosity, I opened /etc/hosts on my iMac, to look at the server list, and I have no IP's in it, aside from the localhost 127.0.0.1. I expected to see the gs.apple entry in there, but it's not listed. What gives?

I haven't 'upgraded' my JB'd 3GS from 3.1.2, nor do I plan to, but I wanted to make sure that if something happened, I had my ducks in a row in order to reload 3.1.2.

For me it says something about the server being down? What did I do wrong it pinged properly too, so what the deal?

I tried it again and now Im getting a 1602 error rather than a 1015 error, any help?
    Last edited by mSidhu; 2010-02-09 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Downgrade iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 I receive an error message like (The iPhone could not br restore. This device isn’t eligible for requested build.) I need Help
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jet66 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I opened /etc/hosts on my iMac, to look at the server list, and I have no IP's in it, aside from the localhost 127.0.0.1. I expected to see the gs.apple entry in there, but it's not listed. What gives?
    Well why don't you put in the line then?

Add this to your /etc/hosts file and restart iTunes:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eamorr For This Useful Post:

jet66 (2010-02-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Eamorr View Post
    Well why don't you put in the line then?

Add this to your /etc/hosts file and restart iTunes:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    I shall do that, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a bad sign that there was no apple host listed. I haven't done an upgrade since I got my phone (stock 3.1.2, old bootrom) and I updated to the new iTunes recently, so I was leary of there being some new tweak in the app to discourage jailbreaking.

You are the ****!!!

I have a iphone 3GS of week 46. I upgraded to 3.1.3 like an idiot. I was actually doing a restore and Didnt realize it prompted me to update to 3.1.3 ...bastards!.

Anyway. Following your tutorial I worked. im on 3.1.2 but i still have the newest baseband. But i am jailbroken..weird.

Anyway. if i can remember, after following your guide, i completed the second restore. When it was done I used quickpawn 22 to restart the phone. Once restarted and back to spring board I used redsn0w 9.4 to jailbreak. Once it was jailbroken, it showed the recovery mode on the phone. So i ignored it and opened redsnow again. this time instead of clicking install cydia i clicked on the second box which was used to boot the phone. once done it send the info to my phone, after a minute my phone rebooted. suprised to see cydia sitting there smiling at me. woohoo!!

now im gonna try the update to 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze to see if that works, since my phone is now jailbroken.

Question, I have the iphone 3.1.3 firmware 05.12.01, originally i was on 3.1.1 firmware 5.11.07, I update an app via cydia and it caused my already jb iphone at the time to freeze up, no matter what I did or how long I waited I could not get it back, completely stuck on the home screen. I've tried everything after I had to upgrade to 3.1.3 firmware 5.12.01. I downgraded to 3.1.2 jb via blackra1n installed fuzzyban via cydia and boot loader info was 06.04, I could not use that tool to downgrade bband plus I was not able to sync with my at&t service so no phone~!.

Hence back to 3.1.3. Either I'm not putting in the right info to change the host file because I do have sh blobs on cydia or I'm not sure what it is. I've been at it for days, please some advice. rgx

Very nice Work!!!

I got a question, So can i folow this tutorial if i am on 3.1.2(7D11), I want to have these saves now so incase i'm too late at some point in time and make me want to regret not doing it?

Hey man i did everything and it works untill i get error 1601... i cant use redsnow coz then ill have to turn it on to re enter recovery mode...wheat i am doing wrong?

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast