Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

  1. #441
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smohpal View Post
    Since I already had latest java loaded and after clicking on your link it said u already have it so I ignored. But when u said it's older version so I removed it and freshly downloaded and installed and rebooted the pc but still I get same reply from Java virtual machine.

    Please suggest. Thank you.
    What operating system are you using?
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  2. #442
    Default My OS
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    What operating system are you using?
    I am using Windows Vista 32 bit service pack 2

  3. #443
    Use umbrella.exe

  4. #444
    iguru what if i have a shsh on file for 3.0 and i upgraded and now i have a 3.1 shsh o file. can i still go on and do this procedure, and will it work for me.

  5. #445
    Ok Quick Question I got an 3GS with OOTB FW 3.1 BB@ 5.11.7 and now it's jailbroken Did the Cydia thing to upload my files on his server and now it's says on the front page of Cydia
    "This Device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on File" which is good >>Right<<

    So now Do I need to do anything else because this is way over my head this thread and want to make sure
    I don't screw later on in the apple next update...

    Note I did not upgrade to 3.1.2 I left it at 3.1

    IGuru You have alot of patience with this thread Thanks

    Bianca
    --

  6. #446
    Bianca,

    You're set. 3.1 and 3.1.2 carry the same baseband. You can upgrade to 3.1.2 FROM 3.1 without a problem and use my TinyTSS to restore your 3.1 should you so desire.

    At this point just grab your ecid shsh files as new versions come out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

    Follow iGuru's instructions above to get your ecid shsh.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to xsemaphorex For This Useful Post:

    Bianca (2009-10-12)

  8. #447
    xsemaphorex Thanks for your reply

    But thats to complicated for me to do isn't there anything else that I can do to grab these files...

    Waiting for your reply

    Bianca

  9. #448
    ^ @Bianca, give the guys a break. I can understand peope asking questions when something doesn't go right, I've done it myself on several occasions, and the guys have patiently answered ALL of them. But to ask what you have to do and then when someone tells you you should get your blobs as each new fw comes out to say it's too complicated is s bit much if you haven't tried. If you want the blobs then try, it's only following instructions. If you don't want or can't then you can't get your blobs, and will never be able to downgrade. Give it a try and ask when you get stuck. People will help.

    Edit, you've got your 3.1 on the Cydia server so yuu "should" always be able to downgrade to 3.1 (providing the cydia server stays there and intact) I *think* but not sure that once you've got one on the cydia server it will automatically get the newer ones as they come out (iS that correct???)
    this tool is to allow you to have a local version of then on your own computer. That may not be necessary, but most ppl like to be cautious and have things backed up
    Last edited by marko111; 2009-10-12 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #449
    Ha Marko you've re-read my post thanks...But I think I will take my chances as I don't want to play with my system /etc/hosts files.. I'm on a Mac G5.... I'm pretty sure there will be an easier way later on... And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one not thinking of doing this ....Some ppl don't have the [email protected] to say it JMO...

  11. #450
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    I don't want to play with my system /etc/hosts files..
    You should not even be touching that file unless you ever want to restore back to a previous version.
    To get the SHSH all you have to do is enter your ECID and click a button, it's really not hard at all... (as explained in steps 1 & 2)
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  12. #451
    Default Hey
    Hey guys.. I'm new at jailbreaking 3gs(i was one of those who thought I had gotten the right ibss and ibec files, then upgraded to 3.1 and figured out i didn't have the ibss after all after :P) Now, while still at 3.1(officially unlocked), un-jailbroken, I've backed up my shsh blobs. I got the ecid, opened umbrella, inserted my ecid, chose 3.1 firmware 3gs, and it saved the file for me(I used apple as rep.). Then, since I needed to restore, I changed hosts to redirect signing through cydia/saurik. So now BOTH me and saurik has the 3.1 blobs file, right?

    Well, I wanna upgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak using blackra1n or something. But before I do, I wanna be sure I won't screw up this time. Do I need to restore with itunes to 3.1.2(with edited hosts file), or could I open umbrella, insert ecid, 3.1.2(though my device is still at 3.1), then choose SAURIK as rep, and then both me(on local computer) and saurik will have a NEW 3.1.2 blob file saved? And do I need to get a new blob file on every new firmware that umbrella gets support for, or is the 3.1 shsh blob enough for every future restore(if I want to go for example to 3.2 from 3.3 or whatever the firmwares will be).

    Thanks for answers.. Just wanted to get these questions answered before I do anything else : )

  13. #452
    Sorry for the late reply here...

    I was on 191 and got that error no matter what I tried using the two 3GS phones I have here. (Requesting either 3.1 and 3.1.2 from Apple or 3.1 that is on file with Cydia) Hosts file is clear.

    I saw version 216 is out now so I gave that a whirl, but I'm getting the same error. "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry."

    Is there any way to debug this further short of sniffing things? I'm just after my SHSH files for 3.1.2 just like I gathered previously for 3.1 using the guide posted here.

    Thanks..


    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAddict View Post
    FWIW I get the same results trying for 3.1 and 3.1.2 from Apple for two different 3GS phone ECIDs. No entries in hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    Have you got the latest version? (fw-umbrella-semaphore-191.zip as of the time of writing this)

    Everything is working fine for me here, used it a fair few times today.
    Odd that people are suddenly having the same problem though.

  14. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAddict View Post
    Sorry for the late reply here...

    I was on 191 and got that error no matter what I tried using the two 3GS phones I have here. (Requesting either 3.1 and 3.1.2 from Apple or 3.1 that is on file with Cydia) Hosts file is clear.

    I saw version 216 is out now so I gave that a whirl, but I'm getting the same error. "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry."

    Is there any way to debug this further short of sniffing things? I'm just after my SHSH files for 3.1.2 just like I gathered previously for 3.1 using the guide posted here.

    Thanks..
    I get the same problem dang it's fustrating...

  15. #454
    Default Problem persists
    Quote Originally Posted by smohpal View Post
    I am using Windows Vista 32 bit service pack 2
    As asked by you iguru.. I have MS Vista with 32 bit and SP2.
    The problem still exist with Java as I cannot open umbrella.jar or even in tinytss.jar

    I could open umbrella.exe where I could find ECID and shsh for both Aplle and Cydia as same but no result on localhost.

    Does it mean that my 3.1 version is stored on Cydia server? If yes then how can I follow your procedure when i cannt open umbrella .jar

    Please suggest.I accidently out of curiosity upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.1 (here it worked fine) then to 3.1.2 where it's asking for using orgonal carrier's sim which i am not using after jailbreak since months.

    Thank you.

  16. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by smohpal View Post
    As asked by you iguru.. I have MS Vista with 32 bit and SP2.
    The problem still exist with Java as I cannot open umbrella.jar or even in tinytss.jar

    I could open umbrella.exe where I could find ECID and shsh for both Aplle and Cydia as same but no result on localhost.

    Does it mean that my 3.1 version is stored on Cydia server? If yes then how can I follow your procedure when i cannt open umbrella .jar

    Please suggest.I accidently out of curiosity upgraded from 3.0 to 3.0.1 (here it worked fine) then to 3.1.2 where it's asking for using orgonal carrier's sim which i am not using after jailbreak since months.

    Thank you.
    I already replied to the post you quoted. Use umbrella.exe, it's for Windows. umbrella.jar is for Mac.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

    smohpal (2009-10-13)

  18. #456
    L00i3 Thats what I'm using umbrella.jar on my mac and Still the same thing

    "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry."

  19. #457
    Default Thanks but no files generated
    Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    I already replied to the post you quoted. Use umbrella.exe, it's for Windows. umbrella.jar is for Mac.
    Thanks for your clarification. Here no file is generated to save them so that it can be used later. With my 3.1 version on umbrella.exe I simply get info about SHSH which exist with same numbers on Apple & Cydia. Does it mean I can still downgrade my iphone from 3.1 to 3.0.1 thru Cydia. Though now my iphone is not even loading to main page so how can I use Cydia now?

    Please suggest.
    Thank you,

  20. #458
    iguru im trying to save my shsh file and its telling me could not get ecid shsh for that model/version/sorry i dont see a 3g 3.1 device is there another way to save the file

  21. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by jessdog909 View Post
    iguru im trying to save my shsh file and its telling me could not get ecid shsh for that model/version/sorry i dont see a 3g 3.1 device is there another way to save the file
    if you have a 3G, you don't need the file. This is for 3G[S] only.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

    jessdog909 (2009-10-14)

  23. #460
    About the windows 7 problem...
    I was just thinking, have anyone tried to go through the restore log itunes makes and saves on the computer? Could be there were a hint inside.

    Anyway thanks for the work on this!

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •