Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

My phone has small cracks around the edges underneath the glass so I was going to go to apple and have it replaced. If I get a 3.1 iPhone (which I probably will) can I downgrade using this method (Mac OSX) and unlock via redsnow? I'd like to use my phone on 3.0.1 unlocked for TMobile.

The end of the article just says something about not being able to unlock if already on 3.1..... :-\ Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    My phone has small cracks around the edges underneath the glass so I was going to go to apple and have it replaced. If I get a 3.1 iPhone (which I probably will) can I downgrade using this method (Mac OSX) and unlock via redsnow? I'd like to use my phone on 3.0.1 unlocked for TMobile.

The end of the article just says something about not being able to unlock if already on 3.1..... :- Thanks!
    Not possible.

I have an ECID on file and pulled it from Cydia's server. I jailbroke my 3GS with 3.1 and my baseband didnt update. My question is I am getting error 3001. Do I have to actually upgrade to the official 3.1 firmware and then go back to 3.0?

I have an OTB iphone 3.1, i have my ECID at a .shsh file (64kb) and all described in this tutorial working, can i downgrade to 3.0 to make possible jailbreak or i must wait?

Best regards from Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetix76 View Post
    I have an OTB iphone 3.1, i have my ECID at a .shsh file (64kb) and all described in this tutorial working, can i downgrade to 3.0 to make possible jailbreak or i must wait?

Best regards from Spain.
    No jailbreak for stock 3.1 yet, and since you never even had 3.0/3.0.1, you cannot downgrade. So just hang out and wait for a jailbreak tool that can handle stock 3.1

Default For the future
    Thanks for the excellent guide.
    -So I extracted from my iPhone 3Gs 3.1 (out of the box) ECID and SHSH (step 1 & 2).
    - stored them in a safe place
    - And at some point I want to go back to 3.1 from 3.2 or higher in the future,then I do step 3 & 4, right?
    Last edited by arttext; 2009-10-08 at 10:16 PM.

Hey Guys,
    My Iphone 3gs was updated mistakenly to 3.1 and I don't have the .shh file earlier.Now on 3.1 I made that 64KB file. Can I do something now and get on to 3.1 JB & unlock ?
    Now today Apple has released 3.1.2 right ?
    Any suggestions?

do we need to do this again now for 3.1.2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

why not? its always good to have choices on what you want to restore to.

@ Kingfisher1111

wait for a OTB 3.1 jailbreak. nothing else you can do.

Hey, new iPhone owner here with a question. I recently bought an iPhone 3GS, which came with 3.1 firmware. I understand that at this point it is impossible to jailbreak this specific combo, though it appears as though a breakthrough is just on the horizon. Nevertheless, I am interested in future-proofing my phone for when 3.1 is eventually jailbroken, especially now that 3.1.2 has appeared as of this morning.

My question: if I follow the first few steps of this guide, while Apple is still signing 3.1 restore requests, is there anything else I need to do to ensure I can downgrade to 3.1 in the future? I followed the steps, and I've got my SHSH file. When I did this, I had the HOSTS file modification active, and so I believe it also got captured with the Saurik server (I can successfully pull from the Saurik server if I select it in Umbrella). Interestingly though, if I pull the SHSH file with the HOSTS file mod, it yields a slightly different file than if I pull it directly from Apple with the HOSTS mod commented out (about 100 bytes size difference, but both files are about 64 KB as they should be). I don't know if this is an issue or not, to be honest. In any case, as far as I know I've done all I can do without having access to Cydia. Is this the case, or is there something else I need to do now, while 3.1 restore requests are still being signed?

Thanks for any answers.

Wow.

44k+ views? 390+ replies.

Amazing.

I've updated Umbrella and TinyTSS.

The latest update includes the following:
    1. Various bugfixes
    2. 3.1.2 shsh support - obtain your 3.1.2 shsh file.. just cuz.
    3. TinyTSS now incorporates the idea that theheadfl implemented in SHSH Tool. - Thanks theheadfl
    4. Command line support for umbrella
    5. More stability

Enjoy

The Firmware Umbrella
    semaphore

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xsemaphorex For This Useful Post:

iGuru (2009-10-09), L00i3 (2009-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    2. 3.1.2 shsh support - obtain your 3.1.2 shsh file.. just cuz.
    Stupid newbie question: would that require you to update to 3.1.2 first? Or can it be done from an iPhone that's only got 3.1 installed?

Default ECID Question
    Is the ECID # stored in the Ipsw?
    Reason I ask is I have uploaded my 3.1 to Cydia,
    But I had made a copy of my 3.0 Ipsw and have that
    in a safe location. And it worked just fine when
    I Re-Jailbroke my phoneby downgrading,
    using redsnow 0.8, and re-upgrading to 3.1.
    I would love to store my 3.0 on Cydia as well.
    TIA
    Last edited by sho0tngstr; 2009-10-09 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sho0tngstr View Post
    Is the ECID # stored in the Ipsw?
    Reason I ask is I have uploaded my 3.1 to Cydia,
    But I had made a copy of my 3.0 Ipsw and have that
    in a safe location. And it worked just fine when
    I Re-Jailbroke my phoneby downgrading,
    using redsnow 0.8, and re-upgrading to 3.1.
    I would love to store my 3.0 on Cydia as well.
    TIA
    No it is not stored in the ipsw. You can't submit older ECID SHSH files to Cydia. Just protect the file on your computer, and probably an external drive too just to make sure it is safe.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

sho0tngstr (2009-10-09)

ok so I.download the new package and get my 3.1.3 blobs (it saves them with a different filename now but still has to be changed to 00.shsh right??)

file is 63kb.
    Tinytss opens then closes after showing a few lines of text that I don't have time to read.
    I'm running vista 64, and java version is 1.6.0_12.
    I've run netstat abs can't see anything using port 80.

any suggestions?

an update to the above, using the old tinytss with 3.0 and 3.1 it detects them and tells me it's starting tinytss on port 80. howevver, if I copy the new 3.1.2 blobs to that directory and name it 00.shsh tinytss opens and closes after telling ne the file is deformed or something (Its so quick it's difficult to see)
    Last edited by marko111; 2009-10-09 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, the message I get from Umbrella is 'could not get ICED/SHSH for that model/sorry' . what have I done wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Updated first post again.

Changes:

- Fixed a few errors I noticed with the guide.
    - Updated instructions for TinyTSS due to the latest update.
    - Added "Part 5 - Troubleshooting Errors"

I've been ill for the last few days, which is why I haven't answered any questions. I'll get on with answering them and update this post when done!

Quote Originally Posted by jokatts View Post
    Hi, the message I get from Umbrella is 'could not get ICED/SHSH for that model/sorry' . what have I done wrong?
    You have not done anything wrong, it's just not possible to get the ECID SHSH for that version.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Stupid newbie question: would that require you to update to 3.1.2 first?
    Nope, not required at all. Just follow from the beginning to the end of part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    I've updated Umbrella and TinyTSS.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    My question: if I follow the first few steps of this guide, while Apple is still signing 3.1 restore requests, is there anything else I need to do to ensure I can downgrade to 3.1 in the future?
    Interestingly though, if I pull the SHSH file with the HOSTS file mod, it yields a slightly different file than if I pull it directly from Apple with the HOSTS mod commented out (about 100 bytes size difference, but both files are about 64 KB as they should be).
    Technically, there's nothing else you need to do. However, make sure the hosts modification is commented out, then for SHSH Repository select "Saurik - Cydia", if you do not do it this way may not be cached properly on Saurik's server.

Quote Originally Posted by arttext View Post
    And at some point I want to go back to 3.1 from 3.2 or higher in the future,then I do step 3 & 4, right?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetix76 View Post
    No, it will not be possible for you to downgrade to 3.0 if you had an iPhone 3GS with 3.1 OTB, you'll have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
    I have an ECID on file and pulled it from Cydia's server. I jailbroke my 3GS with 3.1 and my baseband didnt update. My question is I am getting error 3001. Do I have to actually upgrade to the official 3.1 firmware and then go back to 3.0?
    No, and do not do this! If you do you will not be able to unlock - i'd suggest try again using another computer or operating system, if that fails... you may well be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by u_kno_who_666 View Post
    but my iphone is stuck at a blank (black) screen , showing nothing .... please help help help !!!!
    Try holding down home and power buttons til it restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by amjad_hekal View Post
    but what i notice while retrive the file 00.SHSH it only accept when choos ver 3.1 and the file size exactly 63.5k
    When you open Umbrella, for SHSH Repository make sure to select "Saurik - Cydia" - if this does not work, then it's not going to.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrei View Post
    I read around this blog and know that a Big a big man have make a tool that work for make the shsh begin froam a iBSS and iBEC: "SHSH_Tool.exe" (i have 3gs woth 3.1 on my iphone and will take my ibss and ibec as fast i can)
    Where I can take it?
    Unfortunately you will not be able to do this anymore. It's something you'd have had to of done when 3.0/3.0.1 was still being signed too. Sorry.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-09 at 05:35 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

u_kno_who_666 (2009-10-09)

I get "could not get ICED/SHSH for that model/sorry" for every firmware and every source -- even though I know that I have my 3.0 and 3.1 on file with Saurik and was able to retrieve them using a prior version of umbrella. Any ideas?

2 questions. I was installing Winterboard when my gf's iphone crashed and I accidentally restored it to 3.1.

1. Can she use my ECID SHSH or is that unique for each iphone?

2. Right before I began to dl anything from Cydia, I accepted the option to save her ECID SHSH through Cydia, but it happened that same day. Is there a chance that it will come up on Saurik's server soon?

Thanks in advance. ;]

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    I get "could not get ICED/SHSH for that model/sorry" for every firmware and every source -- even though I know that I have my 3.0 and 3.1 on file with Saurik and was able to retrieve them using a prior version of umbrella. Any ideas?
    Make sure there is no entry for gs.apple.com in your etc/hosts, then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by cmach08 View Post
    1. Can she use my ECID SHSH or is that unique for each iphone?

2. Right before I began to dl anything from Cydia, I accepted the option to save her ECID SHSH through Cydia, but it happened that same day. Is there a chance that it will come up on Saurik's server soon?
    1. It's unique to each phone.

2. There's no way to tell how long that will take, could be anything from an hour to a few days... also, it won't let you restore to anything other than 3.1 when it is, so won't be of any use in downgrading.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-10-09 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast