Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

I followed everything...when i do the restore i get error (20)....???

Quote Originally Posted by mcaram16 View Post
    I followed everything...when i do the restore i get error (20)....???
    Try DFU mode.
    Last edited by TheHeadFL; 2009-10-05 at 05:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use a mac if you are using pc.

I'm using PC, i did it in DFU mode and i got the 1015 error twice...i tried it a 3rd time and got it again....what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mcaram16 View Post
    I'm using PC, i did it in DFU mode and i got the 1015 error twice...i tried it a 3rd time and got it again....what am i doing wrong?
    Read around a bit. You are SUPPOSED to get the 1015 error...Twice...That means it worked, and you now just have to get your phone to boot. There are threads about how to do that in this very section (3G[S] Downgrading)

After i got the 1015 errors i'm assuming your just supposed to JB it again while its in recovery mode..so i did that and now Its stuck in recovery mode..

Nope. I was able to jailbreak right away, but i was left with no service.

Look for the thread called something like "1015 error? Has you stuck? confused?" or something similar. Follow that guide. That's how i got my updated baseband to play nice with the downgraded OS.

I think because i did it 3 times i screwed up what the 2nd 1015 error was supposed to do...i'm going to start over...

but to be sure:

after i get the 2nd 1015 error its still going to be in recovery mode correct? then i'm going to JB is that correct?

after the second 1015 error, go here (yes, still recovery mode with itunes/usb cable screen on your phone)

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ssed-read.html

Well now i have a whole other issue...i restored backed to 3.1...i'm trying to do it again and when i put it in DFU mode and run itunes to installed 3.0 i get "Your device is not eligible for the requested build"...i still have my host file pointing to 127.0.0.1...so now i'm lost.

sorry i'm an idiot...i opened up itunes before i ran tiny..
    Last edited by mcaram16; 2009-10-05 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh, and if it makes any difference, I am testing another guy's tool to generate a 3.0 SHSH blob, and I just got done downgrading to 3.0 again and following the steps in the thread I linked to. Still works for me, got activated no problem. I am going back to stock 3.1 now so I can try downgrading with the latest method.

its possible to get a 3.0 restore without the cydia 3.0 shsh ecid on file?? 0.o

So, I have gotten to step 4, where is the file I am supposed to select to restore my phone? I cant find it anywhere. HELP......

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried this setup to get my ECID SHSH for my 3GS that has the 3.0.1(although I targeted the 3.0 firmware with redsnow for the jailbreak) and it gave me a file that is 63.6 kb. Is this what I am looking for to use in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by tcw1969 View Post
    So, I have gotten to step 4, where is the file I am supposed to select to restore my phone? I cant find it anywhere. HELP......
    Can someone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I tried this setup to get my ECID SHSH for my 3GS that has the 3.0.1(although I targeted the 3.0 firmware with redsnow for the jailbreak) and it gave me a file that is 63.6 kb. Is this what I am looking for to use in the future?
    that is the right size

heeeeeeey Guy,
    exuse me for my english but need help!
    I read around this blog and know that a Big a big man have make a tool that work for make the shsh begin froam a iBSS and iBEC: "SHSH_Tool.exe" (i have 3gs woth 3.1 on my iphone and will take my ibss and ibec as fast i can)
    Where I can take it?
    and it's work right?
    Thank you very mouch!
    jeff
    Ps: In Italy there are al lot people that wait for make downgrade with umbrella withotuth saurik!!!
    Last edited by jeffrei; 2009-10-06 at 09:28 PM.

Dear Iguru,
    i allready saved the files in cydia and have the same not while runing with sw. ver 3.0 "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file."
    exactlly what happen,
    1- i were trying to made reset for the iphoneafter that the iphone become crazy it hang for a wile at the apple then restart and repeat.......
    i tried to restore again by the firme ware 3.0. it by itunes 8.02 it gave am assage that the iphone is not elligale to use
    3- i upgrade to ver 3.1 by itunes 9
    after that it become the worest situation
    4- while i tried to downgrade using this article i have an error 1016
    but what i notice while retrive the file 00.SHSH it only accept when choos ver 3.1 and the file size exactly 63.5k
    really i do not know wht to do
    i am sure i saved it on cydia with ver 3.0
    please advise
    waitting for your replay
    great thanks

Oh thank you very mouch for all the answer that i have received.
    What a man must make for have just a little attention from the American Brother?

Default 1600 and JAILBREAK !!!
    First of all , thanks a lot iGURU and others for your efforts . I performed each and every step u said and in the end i got 1600 error (instead of ) , bt still i jail-broke my 3gs using redsn0w 0.8 .... It says tht yur iphone is succesfully jail-broken , but my iphone is stuck at a blank (black) screen , showing nothing .... please help help help !!!!

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast