Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgrade to firmware 3.0.1
    Hello all,

I upgrade my IPHONE 3Gs to 3.1 and before upgrade I send ECID info through cydia and I saw the confirmation on top "ECID SHSH on file 3.0.1"

If I riun B]java -jar umbrella.jar -e 000000A00A0A158D -v 3.0.1 -c 8920[/B]. I get a 4Kb(00.shsh) file

But if I run B]java -jar umbrella.jar -e 000000A00A0A158D -v 3.1 -c 8920 I get a 64Kb(00.shsh).

if I start the downgrade prosses I get the error 3001 and 1600 on DFU mode.

As far I understand I must get the 00.shsh for 3.0.1 and I dont understand why I have the file for 3.1?

Can someone tell me what I shoud do?

Quote Originally Posted by nrs View Post
    Hello all,

I upgrade my IPHONE 3Gs to 3.1 and before upgrade I send ECID info through cydia and I saw the confirmation on top "ECID SHSH on file 3.0.1"

If I riun B]java -jar umbrella.jar -e 000000A00A0A158D -v 3.0.1 -c 8920[/B]. I get a 4Kb(00.shsh) file

But if I run B]java -jar umbrella.jar -e 000000A00A0A158D -v 3.1 -c 8920 I get a 64Kb(00.shsh).

if I start the downgrade prosses I get the error 3001 and 1600 on DFU mode.

As far I understand I must get the 00.shsh for 3.0.1 and I dont understand why I have the file for 3.1?

Can someone tell me what I shoud do?

ur 3.01 SHSH is in cydia server !!
    u never need make a newer SHSH file

u just need to setup ur "host" file to connect cydia server :

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

and save it

it will be working on the itune

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sonic_chang For This Useful Post:

nrs (2009-10-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read somewhere ... that tomorrow Dev team release PW + JB for 3.1 3GS... but I don't know is it true or not..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK, so I change the host file and now I get the error 3002! Any sugestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nrs View Post
    OK, so I change the host file and now I get the error 3002! Any sugestions?
    u can try DFU mode and use "iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw" or "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" files

if all response "error 3002"

"ECID SHSH on file 3.0.1" will be wong message...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sonic_chang For This Useful Post:

nrs (2009-10-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_chang View Post
    u can try DFU mode and use "iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw" or "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" files

if all response "error 3002"

"ECID SHSH on file 3.0.1" will be wong message...
    Yes, I have try both and I get always 3002.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

are you sure that you have 3.0.1 on file?

Thanks

From what I gather if your getting at 3002 error (like myself) you will "never" be able to downgrade to <3.1- however, you might be misdirecting your host file- not really sure. I had my ecid for 3.0 backed up on Cydia, but when I change the host to ....@gs.apple.com I get the 3002 error (not good) curious to see what happens- I seem to be hitting a dead end- as having the shsh for 3.1is useless in this downgrade and the 3002 error means your f#%^*#.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still couldn't downgrade. I do have my 00.shsh and it's 64kbs like it should be. I'm worried when I do JB when one comes out. All the things I bought trough Cydia like ifile and stuff, I'll have to buy them again. Now at least if I have the 00.shsh I should be fine when a JB comes out right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello Guys , if i have very understand your Setup . Hum it's look see for if you want downgrade your iPhone 3GS v3.1 you need to have the ECID SHSH in the Cydia [ saurik server] , however , i thinks it's manually possible to generate it by ours work , try to give me your 00.shsh the version it's point must be 3.0 for we can compare . Who tries, nothing gained , Thanks for your collaboration .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you installed cydia after 09/09 2009 you can get only 3.1shsh file. before that date it was possible to get 3.0 or 3.0.1 shsh file. after that date only 3.1 shsh file.

looks like we have good news from dev team
    cpich3g (cpich3g) on Twitter
    Last edited by Stassseg; 2009-10-01 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes maybe there have finish something ?
    But Any new @ Blog of Dev-Team ...
    Last edited by skyhate; 2009-10-01 at 05:54 PM.

sorry if this question has already been asked.
    (awesome write up btw!)
    so i guess i have my shsh 3.0 saved to cydia but i have a non-carrier sim card (t-mobile) and on the write up it says you can JB it but not unlock it?
    but dont you NEED to unlock it for the sim card to work?

a bit confused....
    lol

Default Prospective 3GS iphone holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru
    And if you actually read the instructions you would know the answer to this, either read, or stop asking questions.
    I am not going to help people that do not bother to follow the instructions.
    The only thing you can use this to do is back up your 3.1 ECID SHSH which will be allow you to downgrade back to 3.1 when 3.2 etc. is released.
    Unless you backed up your 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH using Cydia in the few days that there was an option to do that, you can not back up your 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH anymore.

The majority of people that do this will only be able to backup their 3.1 ECID SHSH, so that they can restore back to it when 3.1.2/3.2 get released, etc.

Hope this clears that up for you.
    Anyhow, this is about as simple as it is going to get, the purpose of this topic is to educate people how to use it, and for the majority of people, the use will be to get their 3.1 ECID SHSH files for safe keeping.
    Hi iGuru, I have read for over 3 hours all 21 pages including the instructions. I'm a believer that a smart person learns from their own mistakes and a wise one learns from others mistakes. I'm neither lol.
    1st, I will be purchasing a 3GS very soon. Here are my questions:

1- If it comes with 3.1fw, could I still use this tutorial to be one of the new lucky many get a ECID SHSH file back-up while apple is still signing even if my 3GS is virgin OTB? I ask cause in the tutorial it does not specify in the prerequisites whether the iphone needs to already be JB'en. In other words can this process be done without the phone being JB'en while having 3.1fw?

2- If it comes with 3.0 or 3.01, I assume I can still get the ECID SHSH file for safe keeping. But will it brick my phone in a recovery mode or other mode, where it just keeps asking to restore to 3.1 and I then have to store away the new 3GS in drawer till new JB 3.1 comes out because I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 till then?

3- If I was you little brother but older than 4 lol, what would you suggest I get or do or wait?

4- Why aren't you using Windows 7 yet, lol? It runs way better than Vista. M$ is giving them away via New Efficiency tour, though your in the UK, ebay has authentic interchangeable X86/X64 keys for very low, from MDSN or technet subscribers or employees. Just fyi.

TIA
    Last edited by bozo8787; 2009-10-01 at 06:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stassseg View Post
    are you sure that you have 3.0.1 on file?
    Yes, every time I open cydia app a green bar on top indicate ECID on file 3.0.1 .

Quote Originally Posted by keokitron View Post
    sorry if this question has already been asked.
    (awesome write up btw!)
    so i guess i have my shsh 3.0 saved to cydia but i have a non-carrier sim card (t-mobile) and on the write up it says you can JB it but not unlock it?
    but dont you NEED to unlock it for the sim card to work?

a bit confused....
    lol
    Don't upgrade to official 3.1 as it will update your baseband and you will lose your unlock. If you have 3.0 ECID SHSH in cydia, you have the ability to restore from 3.0 -> 3.0 if something happens to your phone. And that won't update your baseband, so you will still be able to unlock. If you aren't having any issues now, just stay put. If you just have to update to 3.1 wait till it is possible to update the main OS without updating the baseband.

If you do end up updating your baseband and making the phone worthless to you, sell it to me for $50. Then I can have something to test on and not risk bricking my phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bozo8787 View Post
    1- If it comes with 3.1fw, could I still use this tutorial to be one of the new lucky many get a ECID SHSH file back-up while apple is still signing even if my 3GS is virgin OTB? I ask cause in the tutorial it does not specify in the prerequisites whether the iphone needs to already be JB'en. In other words can this process be done without the phone being JB'en while having 3.1fw?
    you can only get your ecid hash for 3.1 you're far too late for 3.0 or 3.01

2- If it comes with 3.0 or 3.01, I assume I can still get the ECID SHSH file for safe keeping. But will it brick my phone in a recovery mode or other mode, where it just keeps asking to restore to 3.1 and I then have to store away the new 3GS in drawer till new JB 3.1 comes out because I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 till then?
    again you only choice NOW is 3.1. you can JB and unlock if its 3.0 or 3.0.1 BUT if your phone evrer needs a restore, guess what you're stuck at? yup 3.1

3- If I was you little brother but older than 4 lol, what would you suggest I get or do or wait?
    get it now. 3.1 can still be jailbroken. get your ECID for 3.1 and you can stay at 3.1. no garantee any future firmwares will be hackable.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-10-01 at 07:05 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman604x For This Useful Post:

bozo8787 (2009-10-01)

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Don't upgrade to official 3.1 as it will update your baseband and you will lose your unlock. If you have 3.0 ECID SHSH in cydia, you have the ability to restore from 3.0 -> 3.0 if something happens to your phone. And that won't update your baseband, so you will still be able to unlock. If you aren't having any issues now, just stay put. If you just have to update to 3.1 wait till it is possible to update the main OS without updating the baseband.

If you do end up updating your baseband and making the phone worthless to you, sell it to me for $50. Then I can have something to test on and not risk bricking my phone.

yeah i already upgraded to 3.1
    so its pretty much no good to me?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello all and special thanks to iguru and semaphore for writing and sustaining an unbelievable post - I have not seen someone take so much care and patience answering everyones questions like iguru has, massive well done

Now I HAVE read this whole post (was up till 2am last night in fact lol) and have learnt quite a few things so im fairly sure questions hasn't been something thats already been asked, if it has, my sincerest apologies

I'm one of the unlucky millions who has not been able to get their file on cydia's server for 3.0.1 firmeware. Now i didn't even know a thing about this until yesterday my phone went into the dredded apple boot logo/wheel of death

What I would like to know is, as my iphone is completely useless until JB for the 3.1 comes out, and having read all of the posts I know not to upgrade till it is out, how do i get my ecid/shsh/blob on cydia's server with a phone that doesn't boot?

Btw I have a factory unlocked iphone 3gs and do not need any sort of unlocking whatsoever. But i did read the section on the iphone dev teams' page that said if i had bought my iphone 3gs for (which i obviously have) i will be able to upgrade to 3.1 and JB with pwnage?

Is this true?

Please advise,

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keokitron View Post
    yeah i already upgraded to 3.1
    so its pretty much no good to me?
    Pretty much. even if you are able to downgrade the main OS back to 3.0, you will not be able to downgrade the baseband. I'm serious tho, I got $50 for ya for that phone if it works other than being able to be unlocked.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast