Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

What's Jailbreak? roysterdoyster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    In the meanwhile, do use Umbrella to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH file (Do step 2 of the guide), and keep it in a safe place incase you need it in the future.
    @iGuru
    thank you very much for your kind reply. sorry to bother you again, but for clarification: shouldn't i start with step 1 of your guide, as the actual ECID is neede in step 2 in order to get the ECID SHSH?

cheers and a great thank you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i think this needs to be added to the first post.

"If you have not gotten your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID info hashed BEFORE 3.1 was released by Apple, you're NOT going to. EVER. You're stuck with 3.1"

@ Roysterdoyster
    yes you need the ECID # to generate the ECID SHSH file.

use usbview to get the ECID #. use umbrella to generate your ECID SHSH file.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-29 at 10:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman604x For This Useful Post:

roysterdoyster (2009-09-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roysterdoyster View Post
    @iGuru
    thank you very much for your kind reply. sorry to bother you again, but for clarification: shouldn't i start with step 1 of your guide, as the actual ECID is neede in step 2 in order to get the ECID SHSH?

cheers and a great thank you!
    Apologies, I assumed from your previous reply that you had already got your ECID. In that case, yes start at the beginning and stop at the end of step 2.

Madman604x - roysterdoyster is on Mac, so USBView is of no use to him what so ever.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get an error code 3014, and can't jailbreak it. I followed the steps above and they all worked up to the point when I tried to downgrade

Hi iGuru,

Thanks for the guide although i just can't get it to work....my phone was stuck in infinite loop and my only option was to upgrade to 3.1...

Before this cydia said it had my ecid on file so i didn't think it would be a problem......i have the ecid on file.....my umbrella code is perfect and the etc file is perfect...as well as the ping.gs.apple....everything matches perfectly on this page and my port is open and i have the 00.shsh....but i still get either the 3200 error or when i do it again i get the 1602 error or i get the 3001 error in recovery mode. Any idea why this is not working when i had cydia tell me that my ecid is on file, and i have done the rest of the steps....i saw someone else had this problem but i didn't understand where i was supposed to put this umbrella - -v 3.0umbrella commands in....although i don't know if that is the problem....

but i feel like i should be able to do this and it's very frustrating to have it not work.....Please help and thanks again.
    Last edited by brikz; 2009-09-30 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brikz View Post
    Hi iGuru,

Thanks for the guide although i just can't get it to work....my phone was stuck in infinite loop and my only option was to upgrade to 3.1...

Before this cydia said it had my ecid on file so i didn't think it would be a problem......i have the ecid on file.....my umbrella code is perfect and the etc file is perfect...as well as the ping.gs.apple....everything matches perfectly on this page and my port is open and i have the 00.shsh....but i still get either the 3200 error or when i do it again i get the 1602 error or i get the 3001 error in recovery mode. Any idea why this is not working when i had cydia tell me that my ecid is on file, and i have done the rest of the steps....i saw someone else had this problem but i didn't understand where i was supposed to put this umbrella -cXXXXXXXXXXX -v 3.0umbrella commands in....although i don't know if that is the problem....

but i feel like i should be able to do this and it's very frustrating to have it not work.....Please help and thanks again.
    Well, since you put your ECID in there, I checked for you. saurik doesn't have any ECID SHSH for you for 3.0 or 3.0.1. He does however have your ECID SHSH for 3.1
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-09-30 at 05:17 PM.

This may need adding but make sure you reboot your Windows OS after you edit your /etc/hosts file. This will reload the file and allow iTunes to recognize it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post

@ Roysterdoyster
    yes you need the ECID # to generate the ECID SHSH file.

use usbview to get the ECID #. use umbrella to generate your ECID SHSH file.
    @Madman604x: thanks for helping, things become clearer now.

The fact is, this process is simple to follow. If you have Java installed, it's a matter of double clicking the GUI, and entering your ECID number, and clicking Generate to get the file... 4 clicks. Honestly, how hard is that? My 4 year old brother could do it. If it takes you 10 weeks to follow a few simple steps, then seriously, give your PC to charity or something, as you obviously can't use it.

The fact is, 99% of the people that are asking questions have not not read/ignored red text right at the beginning saying that unless you backed up your 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH via Cydia that you can not downgrade to 3.0/3.0.1.

I've actually just re-worded it slightly and made the text bigger... in the hope that people might actually get the message.

The process however works fine, so long as you actually read and follow the instructions and have an ounce of intelligence.

I'm glad to hear that your 4 old brother is more capable of this task than many members posting here. I myself have not tried this task just observing.
    Last edited by HOPKINS; 2009-09-30 at 02:01 PM.

Hi iGuru,

Before this cydia said it had my ecid on file so i didn't think it would be a problem......i have the ecid on file.....my umbrella code is perfect and the etc file is perfect...as well as the ping.gs.apple....everything matches perfectly on this page and my port is open and i have the 00.shsh....but i still get either the 3200 error or when i do it again i get the 1602 error or i get the 3001 error in recovery mode. Any idea why this is not working when i had cydia tell me that my ecid is on file, and i have done the rest of the steps....i saw someone else had this problem but i didn't understand where i was supposed to put this umbrella -c00000076721D4D4C -v 3.0umbrella commands in....although i don't know if that is the problem....

haha

my problem like u ,too

i was know why dont work
    since 9/9

if now get SHSH file
    APPLE sign server only got 3.1 SHSH code
    APPLE <=> umbrella <=> ur PC
    (not 3.0 or 3.01 SHSH)

so u use 3.1 SHSH to restore 3.0x OS
    ofcouse always wong mapping (err Code: 1602)

so if u have about since 2009/9/9 to backup ur SHSH
    u will got a 3.0x SHSH right code
    to restore ur 3.0x OS will successful....

now we get 3.0x SHSH file is mission impossible

T-T
    Last edited by sonic_chang; 2009-09-30 at 03:18 PM.

Hi, How were you able to check that? And i was never on 3.1 when i registered my ecid number. I was pretty sure i registered it on the first day the option came out...Does this mean that even if i hadn't upgraded to 3.1 the message sent from apple was 3.1 and that is why he only has my 3.1 ecid number.....and i guess i am screwed until or if a 3.1 jailbreak is available?

Thanks,

Hi, How were you able to check that? And i was never on 3.1 when i registered my ecid number. I was pretty sure i registered it on the first day the option came out...Does this mean that even if i hadn't upgraded to 3.1 the message sent from apple was 3.1 and that is why he only has my 3.1 ecid number.....and i guess i am screwed until or if a 3.1 jailbreak is available?

Thanks,
    if u keep a SHSH file

u can run "tinytss.exe" to start ur reg. java server
    (if cant understand ; serch google "make a APPLE reg server")

u will see like this :

2009/9/30 下午 09:47:20 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    資訊: Caching blobs...
    2009/9/30 下午 09:47:20 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    資訊: Cached 00.shsh
    2009/9/30 下午 09:47:21 com.semaphore.TinyTSS verifyCache
    資訊: Verifying ecid shsh blobs...
    2009/9/30 下午 09:47:21 com.semaphore.TinyTSS verifyCache
    資訊: Detected 3.1 shsh blobs!
    2009/9/30 下午 09:47:21 com.semaphore.TinyTSS cacheFiles
    資訊: Finished caching blobs
    2009/9/30 下午 09:47:21 com.semaphore.TinyTSS run
    資訊: Starting TinyTSS service on port 80

so.....
    "Detected 3.1 shsh blobs!"

haha

and if it was a 3.1 SHSH
    keep it ... until 3.1 was be JB , may be useful
    Last edited by sonic_chang; 2009-09-30 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks

Apologies, I assumed from your previous reply that you had already got your ECID. In that case, yes start at the beginning and stop at the end of step 2.

Madman604x - roysterdoyster is on Mac, so USBView is of no use to him what so ever.
    @ iGuru - I followed your instructions, all turned out well, my (3.1) 00.shsh is approx. 66kB.
    A huge thank you!

cheerio!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eivol View Post
    I get an error code 3014, and can't jailbreak it. I followed the steps above and they all worked up to the point when I tried to downgrade
    Error 3014 is a time out during verification. Check that TinyTTS is running properly it should say say "Starting TinyTSS service on port 80", and try again.

Hi iGuru,

Sounds like you are trying to downgrade to 3.0, when you only have a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file to me.

Quote Originally Posted by swimdude View Post
    This may need adding but make sure you reboot your Windows OS after you edit your /etc/hosts file. This will reload the file and allow iTunes to recognize it.
    You should not have to do this, at least, I never have.
    At the most, all you should have to do is close iTunes and open it again if it's already open.

Quote Originally Posted by roysterdoyster View Post
    @ iGuru - I followed your instructions, all turned out well, my (3.1) 00.shsh is approx. 66kB.
    A huge thank you!

cheerio!
    Good to hear
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll try as soon as I get home from work and let you know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eivol View Post
    I'll try as soon as I get home from work and let you know.
    Another thing to add, check your firewall isn't stopping it from creating the server on port 80.

Thanks

[QUOTE=roysterdoyster;4975336]@ iGuru - I followed your instructions, all turned out well, my (3.1) 00.shsh is approx. 66kB.

curious, by using this method on 3.1, does it not give the blobs for 3.1, which is essentially useless to downgrade to 3.0? i seem to be in an awkward conundrum, my ecid for 3.0 is in theory on file with cydia, however using sauriks method i get an error (forgot #) and when using the iGuru method itunes tells me that the server can not be contacted. this must sound like a big brain fart, as it is. just curious if having the 3.1 blobs is of any use in attempt to downgrade.....also, is there a way to verify if cydia has ecid on file, besides it working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mEat.hEad View Post
    my ecid for 3.0 is in theory on file with cydia, however using sauriks method i get an error (forgot #) and when using the iGuru method itunes tells me that the server can not be contacted. this must sound like a big brain fart, as it is. just curious if having the 3.1 blobs is of any use in attempt to downgrade.....also, is there a way to verify if cydia has ecid on file, besides it working
    Sure, point your etc/hosts to Saurk, and see if it can generate a 00.shsh for 3.0 that's somewhere around 64-66 KB.

When you start TinyTTS, if they are valid, it will say "INFO: Detected 3.0 shsh blobs!"

Hello there iGuru,

After reading alot of times the well instructions I still a question:
    I got my 3Gs Factory Simfree at 3.1 and i want to downgrade it using your guide to 3.0 or 3.0.1 in order to JB it.
    I don't have any files on Cydia cause I don't have Cydia yet.

Will I be able to do that?

Please help...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ no you wont, sorry

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman604x For This Useful Post:

NuDiST (2009-09-30)

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast