Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    Thanks for the log, I had a look into this for you, and unfortunately it is not possible for you to retrieve your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID SHSH file. If you run the command you did previously, but with -v 3.1 instead of -v3.0 it will generate your 3.1 ECID SHSH file for you.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to go back to 3.0 again, only onwards to 3.1. If you are having problems with 3.0, my recommendation would be to wait until the 3.1 Jailbreak for the 3GS is released, and then use it to update safely to 3.1.
    Thanks for the effort Guru....went ahead and just saved the 3.1 shsh file for future use. I hit the THANKS....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    That looks like what it shows when you successfully fool itunes into thinking it verified a firmware install with apple.
    ok thankyou now i know how to do it if i ever need to fool itunes into downgrading to 3.1.

Everything was Fine.

I've successfully restore my iphone from 3.0.1 to 3.0, but I didn't set up my own shshserver, I just edit the host file to saurik server... so easy.

So, thanks !!!...

see you later.

hi guru,

I have a ecid generate with purplera1n but when i choose 3.0 in umbrella-GUI is generate 00.shsh 1ko and i can't restore my 3gs. He generate 00.shsh at 64ko when i choose 3.1.

Question the ECID must be absolutely save in CYDIA "3.0 is in the file" ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

- Question the ECID must be absolutely save in CYDIA "3.0 is in the file" ??

YES

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stassseg For This Useful Post:

gino93100 (2009-09-29)

:-( oh impossible to restore what i can do with ecid generate by purplera1n made before jailbreak 3.0 ??

Thanks Stasseg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

brr.. not understand..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stassseg For This Useful Post:

gino93100 (2009-09-29)

sorry for my english,

i can't restore with my ecid ?? its amazing because its my 3.0 ecid generate before jailbreak the 3.0 by purplera1n

I've tried to restore my Iphone to 3.0.1 or 3.0, but it won't work

I exactly followed step by step as here in this guide descriped. But I always get the Error 3001.

My OS is Windows 7 64Bit.

Anyone any idea?

PS: sorry for my bad english

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gino93100 View Post

i can't restore with my ecid ?? its amazing because its my 3.0 ecid generate before jailbreak the 3.0 by purplera1n
    if you don't have 3.0 or 3.0.1 cydia on file, or don't have 00.shsh file on your PC, you can't to restore to 3.0 (3.0.1)

Hi!

I am from Germany, so i am not sure if i understand things right here.
    My Phone is an 3GS, 16GB white with 3.01 and a jailbreak running.

I have saved my ecid with cydia on file. Cydia says i have a 3.1 on file. While i generate my 00.shsh with umbrella i can only choose 3.1. actually i can choose 3.0 and 3.01 as well, but only the 3.1 00.shsh has 64kb.

But i never updated to 3.1 and my firmware is 3.01. how can it be, that i have an 3.1 ecid on file?

I red somwhere that it should be possible to generate an 3.0 or 3.01 ecid from a 3.1 file. is this right oder do i mess something up?

i have a lot problems with my iphone (sad iphone save mode, and i miss phonecalls) the iphone ist factory unlocked, so i dont need to unlock it, and i wanted to try how it works without te JB on a 3.01 firmware.

if there is no possibilety for me to restore 3.01 should i wait for the JB for the 3.1 before restoring 3.1? or is it ok for me to update 3.1 now, because i dont need to unlock?

best regards

MrM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope. you can't reinstall 3.0.1 you can only update to 3.1
    all is right that you have 3.1 on file.
    if you phone not locked by operator, you can update to 3.1 and don't worry about that. there is no JB for 3.1 for locked phones right now. when JB would be? nobody knows.
    if you phone locked - don't try to update to 3.1
    there is no unlock for 3.1
    there is no JB for 3.1

What's Jailbreak? roysterdoyster's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G[S] current status: 3.0.1/not jailbroken/not unlocked - what should i do now
    hi

i bought an iPhone 3G[S] 16GB from O2/UK in august, updated safely to 3.0.1 before 9/9.
    i use it as an ipod right now and totally stay away from the 3.1 update. i am running itunes 9.0.1 on an MBP 17" with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1. my baseband is at 04.26.08

my /etc/hosts file is set as to saurik's instructions, and pinging gs.apple.com delivers the correct result 74.208.105.171 (saurik's signature server). i closely followed saurik's instructions and got the expected resulting error (3002).

as of now, i am totally confused what to do.
    i understand from musclenerd's twittter comments that pwnage tool will do the JB somewhen in the (near?) future, thus allowing me a safe update to a custom .ipsw 3.1 whilst conserving the baseband at 04.26.08
    what would be your recommendation?
    perform the JB with redsn0w 0.8 then unlock via ultrasn0w? (i understand that if anything goes wrong i am forced to restore to 3.1 with baseband update and will thus loose unlock forever, right?) or should i keep waiting for pwnage tool for 3G[S]?

please advise me, dear fellow members of this board.
    iGuru, should i set up my own server as of your post 1 trying to obtain the ECID shsh files, etc
    any clarification i highly appreciated.

keep up the good work!
    please allow me to say that i like the spirit of this board!

Hm, tried it again - now in DFU-mode.

In DFU-mode I get the errorcode 1600. I've ignored it and tried it again, and again I've got 1600. After this I tried to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8. The process has finished and I've booted my Phone.

It has booted, but it's all as I've had nothing done... No Jailbreak, no "restore", just 3.1 with my old icons.

I think nothing has been written on my Phone...

Have anyone an idea, how I can restore to 3.0 / 3.0.1?
    With recovery-mode I get the errorcode 3001. In DFU-mode 1600.

If you wish I can post the whole TinyTTS-Code. (but it's a lot )

Hello from me as well...I have an iPhone 3GS..I've done those steps about 15 times..I manage to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 and then jailbreak it.Then when i open my iphone i click on Cydia icon, it shows like it's loading and within a second it throws me back to springboard...anyone knows what's wrong?

PS: I'm using redsnow for jailbreak and i can't use purplera1n..

thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJMAL123 View Post
    i tried this process but it says error 3001
    Error 3001 means it is not going to work, from what I have worked out it means the ECID SHSH file you generated is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by cM2003 View Post
    Have anyone an idea, how I can restore to 3.0 / 3.0.1?
    With recovery-mode I get the errorcode 3001. In DFU-mode 1600.
    Again, Error 3001 means it is not going to work. So does 1600 in DFU mode, unfortunately you are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by roysterdoyster View Post
    my /etc/hosts file is set as to saurik's instructions, and pinging gs.apple.com delivers the correct result 74.208.105.171 (saurik's signature server). i closely followed saurik's instructions and got the expected resulting error (3002).
    3002 means that your ECID SHSH is not on file for the version you are trying to get. There is nothing you can do about this.

Most likely because you were trying to get your 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID SHSH files.

Also, there's no reason you shouldn't jailbreak on 3.0.1 right now. Personally, i've never had an problems what so ever with 3.0.1 and I updated to it as soon as it was jailbreakable.

However, if you want to be 100% sure nothing will go wrong with your phone, wait til the 3.1 Jailbreak is released, at the end of the day it is up to you.

In the meanwhile, do use Umbrella to get your 3.1 ECID SHSH file (Do step 2 of the guide), and keep it in a safe place incase you need it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosifos View Post
    Hello from me as well...I have an iPhone 3GS..I've done those steps about 15 times..I manage to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 and then jailbreak it.Then when i open my iphone i click on Cydia icon, it shows like it's loading and within a second it throws me back to springboard...anyone knows what's wrong?

PS: I'm using redsnow for jailbreak and i can't use purplera1n..

thanks in advance
    Sounds like a bad jailbreak to me. I really don't know what to suggest there though, sorry. I'd advise you to start a new topic.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

cM2003 (2009-09-29), roysterdoyster (2009-09-29)

Default Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPKINS View Post
    I'm new here and new to the whole JB . Im getting discouraged by the amount of crashed 3Gs's and the amount of people having problems trying to follow this procedure. Looks like about 99% of the members here arent getting anywhere. I guess unless there is a more straight forward procedure I'll just stick with 3.0

until it crash's
    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    Currently, this topic has had 21,910 views, and 254 replies, including my own 64. So take my 64 away, and you get 190, and even then, not all of those have been questions, some have been other people helping out. So, only 0.87% of people that have read this thread have replied, and not even all of them have had problems... so I'd love to know where this 99% comes from.

Anyhow, this is about as simple as it is going to get, the purpose of this topic is to educate people how to use it, and for the majority of people, the use will be to get their 3.1 ECID SHSH files for safe keeping.

A lot of people that have posted here have been wanting to downgrade to 3.0, and this is something that is not possible for most 3GS owners, only 50,000 people in the world, can currently downgrade their 3GS to 3.0.

Taking into account that 1 million iPhone 3GS' were sold on the first weekend they were available to the public, even if it was only that amount of people that had ever bought them, then just 0.005% of them would be able to downgrade.

Obviously, a whole lot more than 1 million people have bought the iPhone 3GS since then, so the actual percentage of people that will be able to downgrade is much smaller than that.

Hope that this post enlightens you somewhat.
    I'll admit there is "slight" exaggeration. I didnt do all the math to be sure my figures were right.

I'm just a bit frustrated by this process as would appear just about everyone else in here. But what are we gonna do right?

At this point if my 3GS crashes on 3.0.1 I dont have 10 weeks to sit on my computer and try and go through this process as easy as you say it may be. It appears I'm not the only one. I just hope something easier comes about.

Thanks for the reply tho

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HOPKINS View Post
    process as easy as you say it may be. It appears I'm not the only one. I just hope something easier comes about.

Thanks for the reply tho
    The fact is, this process is simple to follow. If you have Java installed, it's a matter of double clicking the GUI, and entering your ECID number, and clicking Generate to get the file... 4 clicks. Honestly, how hard is that? My 4 year old brother could do it. If it takes you 10 weeks to follow a few simple steps, then seriously, give your PC to charity or something, as you obviously can't use it.

The fact is, 99% of the people that are asking questions have not not read/ignored red text right at the beginning saying that unless you backed up your 3.0/3.0.1 ECID SHSH via Cydia that you can not downgrade to 3.0/3.0.1.

I've actually just re-worded it slightly and made the text bigger... in the hope that people might actually get the message.

The process however works fine, so long as you actually read and follow the instructions and have an ounce of intelligence.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-29 at 06:46 PM.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

However, if you want to be 100% sure nothing will go wrong with your phone, wait til the 3.1 Jailbreak is released, at the end of the day it is up to you.
    Do you mean, that you release the jailbreak at the end of the day? (today)

The problem is, that I won't update my phone... But it completly has been broken, so I tried to install the 3.0.1 firmware and it has crashed... Now I've had to install the 3.1 firmware and it simply sucks -.-
    Last edited by cM2003; 2009-09-29 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cM2003 View Post
    Do you mean, that you release the jailbreak at the end of the day? (today)

The problem is, that I won't update my phone... But it completly has been broken, so I tried to install the 3.0.1 firmware and it has crashed... Now I've had to install the 3.1 firmware and it simply sucks -.-
    No, I don't mean it's getting released today. lol.

And ah, in that case you're out of luck

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast