Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: On 3.0 firmware, want to restore to 3.0, HOW TO??

Default On 3.0 firmware, want to restore to 3.0, HOW TO??
    Hello,

I have an iPhone 3GS on firmware 3.0 which I Jailbroke just days before the 3.1 release. I want to restore it again and then reJailbreake it. I tried the instructions by Saurik on

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

However when starting the restore process I get an error message that reads as follows:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3002).

Note that in Sauriks instructions the error message is supposed to read as follows:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1015).

When I log into Cydia there is a short green message at the top saying “This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file.” Which I’m assuming is a good thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Short answer. You can't go to 3.0 The 3002 error means you dont have 3.0 blobs on file with him.

The 3.1 SHSH on file message means you will be able to stay at 3.1 if apple releases a new version and stops signing 3.1 in the future.

So what do I do? If I want to "reformat" my iPhone, so to sepeak, but I want to jailbreak it after that, what should I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Throw a penny in the well and make a wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Layhee View Post
    So what do I do? If I want to "reformat" my iPhone, so to sepeak, but I want to jailbreak it after that, what should I do?
    Wait to reformat your phone until a jailbreak tool for 3G[S] 3.1 is released.

If I have no ECID on Sauricks Server but on my local PC the IBSS and IBEC, would this help?

Or for what can I use the IBSS, IBEC-files?

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Wait to reformat your phone until a jailbreak tool for 3G[S] 3.1 is released.
    How can I get a copy of the shsh files? For safe keeping?

Go to these 2 threads.

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...b-grabber.html

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-released.html

xsemaphorex in his kindness has created a couple command line tools for us to generate, store & use the 3.1 blobs in the future. Granted, saurik is offering this service through Cydia, but by using these tools, we can guarantee we will have our own blobs in case anything happens to saurik's server, plus we can use our own computers to fake out itunes on a 3.1 restore (when 3.1 is no longer being signed) by a simple edit of the hosts file and thereby avoid putting any extra load on saurik's servers. If you didn't already have your 3.1 SHSH on file with Cydia, I would have recommend getting it there, that wasy you have a copy stored remotely if anything unfortunate happens to your computer. By using Cydia AND umbrella/tinyTSS you are doing the most you can possibly do on your end to make sure that you can always get to 3.1 if needed.

xsemaphorex mentioned trying to make a guide to using his tools, but if he doesn't get around to it, I may try and make an illustrated guide myself later tonight after my wife goes to bed.