Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs - 3.01 - Not JB - What do I need to do?

Default 3gs - 3.01 - Not JB - What do I need to do?
    As stated in the title...I have a 3GS. It is on 3.01. It is not jailbroken. I have the IBSS and IBEC files stored locally.

At this point do I backup the device, modify hosts file to point to saurik's server, then restore the device? Does this store the SHSH info on his server, or since I am on 3.01, did I miss the window of opportunity to do this?

I'm somewhat confused as I just stumbled onto this tonight and still reading, however some information is already dated. I have no desire to JB right now, but would like to keep the possibility open, hence not updating to 3.1.

Thanks

Thanks

Don't restore at all, just run redsn0w and point to a 3.0 firmware, not 3.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

yea there are no issues, works great!

Thanks for the replies. I am not looking to JB right now. I'm looking for clarification on the "store your info on saurik's server" topic. With 3.01, can I still do this?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsvtdriver View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am not looking to JB right now. I'm looking for clarification on the "store your info on saurik's server" topic. With 3.01, can I still do this?
    you can, but it will only store the info to allow you to stay at 3.1 in the future if apple releases an upgrade and stops signing 3.1 I think to do that though, you have to change your hosts file and actually do a 3.1 restore (not clear on that part myself). If you use the command line utilities made by xsemaphorex though, you can get your 3.1 blobs saved to your computer just by getting your ECID and typing a simple line at the command prompt (or in Terminal if you are on Mac OS). You don't even need your phone hooked up to the computer to get the blobs. Once you get your ECID you can take your phone out of recovery mode and disconnect it from the computer, then run the utility, and it will save an SHSH file which is your 3.1 blob(s). The blobs will come in handy in the future when 3G[S] 3.1 is jailbroken, and apple releases an updated OS and stops signing 3.1

how come not point to 3.0.1? very appreciate for your help.

cos redsnow updates it to 3.0.1