Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't boot - screwed

Default iPhone won't boot - screwed
    I saw an update today for a couple apps on cydia and installed them on my 3.01 jb'ed 3GS and now I can't get past the apple logo. So I thought, I could just restore 3.01 or 3.0 - loud buzzer - NOPE!! can't do it for the various reasons described in this forum (even though I was never on 3.1) so my question is -

upgrade to 3.1 and make my phone usable
    sit tight and wait for what's next

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timatl View Post
    I saw an update today for a couple apps on cydia and installed them on my 3.01 jb'ed 3GS and now I can't get past the apple logo. So I thought, I could just restore 3.01 or 3.0 - loud buzzer - NOPE!! can't do it for the various reasons described in this forum (even though I was never on 3.1) so my question is -

upgrade to 3.1 and make my phone usable
    sit tight and wait for what's next

Tim
    hindsite is always 20/20 but in these times its best not to make any changes to the phone whatsoever when you're in those periods when the current firmware is not currently jailbroken.

the reason you cant restore to anything but 3.1 is because apple is not authorizing it. doesnt matter if you were on 3.1. itunes is only letting you're phone receive 3.1

its your call. i personally am in a similar boat except im going on 9 days and am on a backup phone. im sitting tight.

Default same boat
    I did the samething, i updated some cydia apps and my phone froze. I'm going on 9 days now as well using the G1, I hate it.

Just sit tight it will be out soon. I wonder how come there is no fake server someone can set up to auhorize the restore automatically even if you dont have your files on file with cydia.

BTW why dont you try rejailbreaking your phone with redsnow, I heard that sometimes works.

Thanks

Can you SSH?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

deleted

hey, i have the exact problems, im just wondering (since im not planning on unlocking, just jailbreaking) is it okay if i upgrade to the official 3.1, making my phone usable, then wait for the official jailbreak for 3.1?
    all I've been hearing is that once you upgrade to official 3.1, you lose the ability to unlock forever, but does that mean i can still jailbreak?

thanks in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guoslice View Post
    hey, i have the exact problems, im just wondering (since im not planning on unlocking, just jailbreaking) is it okay if i upgrade to the official 3.1, making my phone usable, then wait for the official jailbreak for 3.1?
    all I've been hearing is that once you upgrade to official 3.1, you lose the ability to unlock forever, but does that mean i can still jailbreak?

thanks in advance

Nobody is sure about that but rumors floating here and there saying that there will be a jailbreak for the 3.1 .But you will not be able to unlock your phone as the modem baseband will be upgraded.

Hi ,
    I had similar problems so i might be able to Help .

Is your phone stuck at the apple logo or the "plug into itunes " logo ?

It sounds like your apple is stuck in a boot up loop or a recovery mode loop .

Follow these instructions :
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUC1t11JDMA]YouTube - iREB 3.1 [Windows] - How to Get out of a Recovery Mode Loop[/ame]

download the piece of software on your P.C , connect up your phone and hopefully the software will get you past the boot up loop or recovery mode loop .
    If it does work then you are back to normal like nothing happened .

BEST OF LUCK ...keep me updated .

M

It seems alot of people have been experiencing this problem. I had the same problem. Installed / updated some apps in Cydia then my phone just wouldn't boot up anymore. I have heard people saying that you could just re-jailbreak it and it should work, but i just restored to firmware 3.1 in iTunes so not sure if re-jailbreaking it will work. I hope there will be something to make it possible to jailbreak my phone again.

Is there something up with Cydia or what's going on? Y is so many people's phone going through this boot problem?