Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What to do: Need restore but ECID not on file...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default What to do: Need restore but ECID not on file...
    So my 3GS is jailbroken on FW 3.0. I do NOT have my files hashed on Cydia. When I jailbroke it, I did capture my iBEC and iBSS if that is helpful in anyway.

Now, the situation I'm in is that my iPhone is somewhat ******. It won't charge/boot and only sits at the battery charge with a small red sliver and bolt under it. I can get it into DFU mode but it won't charge. I obviously can't take it to Apple since it is jailbroken.

So, I need to do a restore to see if this fixes it or to allow me to take it to Apple to have the battery repaired/replaced/etc.

Thoughts on what I should do here?

Going to have to wait for 3.1 jailbreak. Without ECID on file, you have no other option if you wish to remain on 3.0.1 FW and baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reverser View Post
    Going to have to wait for 3.1 jailbreak. Without ECID on file, you have no other option if you wish to remain on 3.0.1 FW and baseband.
    So basically I should go ahead and restore to 3.1 firmware then?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDZ View Post
    So basically I should go ahead and restore to 3.1 firmware then?
    if you dont mind being with a jailbreak temporarily, and without an unlock possibly forever

dev team has said if you hop from jb firmware to jb firmware you're always going to be ok. but if you update to a non jb firmware, there is always a chance you may not be able to jailbreak which is why im holding off updating to 3.1 even though my phone is boot looping and unusable

Default Similar situation
    What to do: I have a 3Gs Iphone on v3.0.1 I jailbreaked and unlocked. Working fine. (No ECID or Hashed with Cydia because I just purchased from someone else.)

However, when I try to RESET ALL SETTINGS & DELETE ALL DATE, the 3Gs iPhone is now STUCK IN THE APPLE LOGO LOOP and WILL NOT Boot-Up. (I purchased this 3Gs Used so I wanted to WIPE OUT & RESET IT)

Anyone have any advice to how to get out of the Apple Logo Boot-Up Screen for OS v3.0.1?

Would IBSS, IBEC help if you have no ECID?

hey guys been looking around for a way to host a server to sign myself off on a 3.0 restore for my 3gs. Thing is with the Umbrella program it wont create my 3.0 shsh file.. it works for the 3.1 option only (3.0.1 fails too). I dont understand why it would be able to use the ECID to create a shsh for 3.1 but not for 3.0... any help? else ill have to use other phone until 3.1 custom ipsw is out!
    Thanks in advnace,

lilfellabob

Quote Originally Posted by lilfellabob View Post
    hey guys been looking around for a way to host a server to sign myself off on a 3.0 restore for my 3gs. Thing is with the Umbrella program it wont create my 3.0 shsh file.. it works for the 3.1 option only (3.0.1 fails too). I dont understand why it would be able to use the ECID to create a shsh for 3.1 but not for 3.0... any help? else ill have to use other phone until 3.1 custom ipsw is out!
    Thanks in advnace,

lilfellabob
    It's because Apple doesn't sign pre 3.1 firmware anymore

Waht the server does is that it sends request to Apple's server and store the signed file for your future use

The SHSH file needs to be generated by Apple, we can't do it ourself

lilfellabob - I'm in a similar position to you except for two things, 1) I don't know how to set up my own server to do this - can you provide any help with this? 2) I have my ECID, downloaded from purplera1n.com months ago, would I be able to use this with the set up your trying to use?

it all depends on weather you clicked the 'make my life easier' button in cydia BEFORE 3.1 FIRMWARE WAS RELEASED.
    i have learnt a fair bit since my last post and my understanding is like what auwkeung said (thanks btw)..
    so yea cydia needed to send ur ECID to the apple server and save their signed file.. now they have stopped it cannot be done.
    Unless you made your own shsh file (with umbrella) or did the link in cydia you cannot go back to 3.0. What i recommend is waiting for the next tool to come out that ca preserve the old baseband in a 3.1 firmware - then hopfully we can go to a custom 3.1 and still unlock + jb.
    My phone is unuseable but im being patient until new tools come out else i may lose my unlock forever!
    hope this helps,
    lilfellabob

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Umbrella didnt exist before 3.1 came out. By then Apple stopped signing those 2 firmwares. There is currently no way to generate 3.0 or 3.0.1 blobs.

you are stuck with 3.1 (which is still JB-able) so get your blobs for that, and hang tight till a jailbreak tool is released