Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyTSS released

Default TinyTSS released
    I've finished TinyTSS. This app essentially does what saurik's service does except on your local machine.

This is more to add-to what saurik is doing rather than replace. If you want to control your blobs and keep your own copies and run your own signature service (very simple) on your own machine go check out the blog:

The Firmware Umbrella

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xsemaphorex For This Useful Post:

kambozza (2009-09-21), L00i3 (2009-09-19), SeanDominic (2009-09-19), Syndia (2009-09-20)

I wonder if we can use the Rainy Day file that was generated from Geo's server, and run it in place of the file that would be generated on Sauriks server. Some people managed to back up things earlier in the release, but alot missed out on the 3.0 backup on Sauriks server........Can anyone clarify if the Rainy Days generated file will work, as long as we have also manually extracted anything else we may need.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    I wonder if we can use the Rainy Day file that was generated from Geo's server, and run it in place of the file that would be generated on Sauriks server. Some people managed to back up things earlier in the release, but alot missed out on the 3.0 backup on Sauriks server........Can anyone clarify if the Rainy Days generated file will work, as long as we have also manually extracted anything else we may need.
    Nope. George had his reasons for having you all save that file. I, personally, am not as good as he is. I'm still quite new to this scene so I have not yet taken the time to see what would be involved in taking the file he generated and turning it into a valid shsh blobset. (or if that was even his intentions)

TinyTSS is for those that have either:

3.1 shsh blobs as obtained by umbrella
    3.0.x shsh blobs from saurik.

I'll be updating umbrella to be able to grab your 3.0.x shsh blobs from sauriks server if you so desire.

When I release that, I would ask, no... I would BEG you to use it judiciously. I consider Saurik a great guy. I don't want anyone to use umbrella to cause undue load on his servers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    I'll be updating umbrella to be able to grab your 3.0.x shsh blobs from sauriks server if you so desire.
    That's just what I was going to ask. You're a stud.

Default Amazing Work
    Thank you so much for this. Amazing work!

so the only way this will work is if we 1) have 3.1 installed, or 2) were one of the lucky people to get our blobs stored on suriks server?

i have 3.0 installed and no blobs anywhere. but i do have my ecid, ibss, and ibec on my local machine. i assume this won't be of any benefit to me until they JB 3.1 correct? my phone is currently boot looping and in need of a restore.

Amazing work. Do you have a tutorial on this or a step by step guide. Thay would be great for a noob like me!

Cheers!

Ok, time for me to chime in with a question or 2.

After changing the hosts file to point the gs.apple at localhost, is the process to run tinyTSS (I did run it successfully) and leave the window it generates open to do a restore? Or just run it, close the command prompt then run the restore? I'm sorry to bug you, but that is the only part of the process I'm not clear on. If I was to have to guess, I would imagine that the window with all the confirmations of successfully finding blobs and starting tinyTSS to run on port 80 would have to stay open. I would hope that in the interest of security that as soon as that window is closed, that tinyTSS would no longer have access to port 80.

Thanks
    A Step By Step would be very appreciated so that noobs like me could get the files too. thanks for your work man

Quote Originally Posted by iphonefreakify View Post
    A Step By Step would be very appreciated so that noobs like me could get the files too. thanks for your work man
    Download and read the readme file. It's all set out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    Download and read the readme file. It's all set out there.
    right but i dont undestand this

Usage: 32bit Windows
    umbrella <ecid> [[chipid] [platform]]
    where do I put this?

Go read the page.

Ive changed the format of the executable to make it more simple for mongoloids that refuse to read readmes.

umbrella -e <ecid>

this will default to version 3.1 and chipId 8920 (3gs)

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    Go read the page.

Ive changed the format of the executable to make it more simple for mongoloids that refuse to read readmes.

umbrella -e <ecid>

this will default to version 3.1 and chipId 8920 (3gs)
    thanks!! did that but it says in the read me file
    running this app will take anywhere form 5 to 30-40 seconds. What will be produced is a single file 00.shsh. This file will contain all of your ecid shsh blobs for 3.1
    i tried running the app but didn't see any 00.shsh.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i think most people would benefit from a complete n00b walkthrough. rather than answer the same question 40 times.

probably starting from setting up the phone, what programs are needed, how to get your phone's ECID and CPID, etc.

BTW a big thanks for writing this little app for all of us

You don't need anything from your phone except your ecid.

You phone can be safely in your pocket when you run umbrella.

Here is example usage and output:
    Code:
    [email protected] < /home/semaphore/development/Projects/priv/fw-umbrella >
    <> ./build/umbrella -v 3.1 -e 000001D19*******
    Collecting all blobs...
    [email protected] < /home/semaphore/development/Projects/priv/fw-umbrella >
    <>head -5 00.shsh
    STATUS=0&MESSAGE=SUCCESS&REQUEST_STRING=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
            <key>AppleLogo</key>
            <dict>
    This is on a windows machine with cygwin. It will work just fine from the command line. JUST READ THE README.

If you dont see Collecting all blobs... you're doing something wrong. If you are curious about usage.. just type java -jar umbrella.jar

or

umbrella

It will give you the usage. Here are some full examples though:

umbrella -v 3.1 -e 0000123123123123 -c 8920

umbrella -e 0000123123123123 -c 8920

umbrella -e 0000123123123123

All of these WILL work if the ecid is valid. If there is a problem, check your /etc/hosts file.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i got "collecting blobs", but no output file, no 00.shsh

says retying...something or other about 5 times, then a bunch of stuff i don't understand.

all i have are:
    ECID #, and JBed 3gs with 3.0.1 FW stuck in loopin apple logo.

what can i do? i'm about to put a hammer through the beautiful tempered glass....

What command did you run?

What was the output?

What is gs.apple.com pointing to in /etc/hosts?

dear i have the same problem, once it start to collect all blobs i'am getting an error its asking me to check the values

command > umbrella -v 3.0.1 -e *********** -c 8920

My host is pointing to saurik server
    Last edited by majosonia; 2009-09-20 at 05:00 PM.

I got mine from pointing at the real apple server and using -c 0x8920

so the only way this will work is if we 1) have 3.1 installed, or 2) were one of the lucky people to get our blobs stored on suriks server?

i have 3.0 installed and no blobs anywhere. but i do have my ecid, ibss, and ibec on my local machine. i assume this won't be of any benefit to me until they JB 3.1 correct? my phone is currently boot looping and in need of a restore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast