Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 3.1 ECID SHSH service is up now.

Default Cydia 3.1 ECID SHSH service is up now. *Updated : Official*
    From saurik's tweet.

Here's what it looks like

Cydia 1.0.3044-65 running on FW 3.0.1

For non-jailbroken devices, you can register with Cydia server by append
    the following line to your hosts file

Code:
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    hosts file location

Code:
    /etc/hosts on mac
    C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts on Windows

and then do a restore from iTunes. This will register your device with Cydia server.
    Last edited by thedesp; 2009-09-20 at 09:51 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thedesp For This Useful Post:

verao (2009-09-20)

Good news...everyone should get filed NOW!

I have the same version of Cydia, but it's only showing that my 3.0 SHSH is on file, not my 3.1. Maybe it's taking him time to grab them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    I have the same version of Cydia, but it's only showing that my 3.0 SHSH is on file, not my 3.1. Maybe it's taking him time to grab them all?
    I think it's ok as long as you have at least one jailbreakable version on file (3.0 , 3.0.1 , and probably 3.1 too)

how do i get it to store the info?

Saurik said once you are filed on 3.0 firmware, he can generate 3.1 shsh files for you automatically...don't worry

you don't need to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by auwkeung View Post
    Saurik said once you are filed on 3.0 firmware, he can generate 3.1 shsh files for you automatically...don't worry

you don't need to do it again
    I know, I was suggesting that it was just taking him a while to submit all 50,000 ecids to apple for 3.1, I imagine that once he goes through the 50,000 ecids already on file he'll then open it up to everyone again.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anikation View Post
    how do i get it to store the info?
    yea that cuz on my 3gs it doesnt show anything. Just the normal front page
     Think Different

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i have my blobs and ECID # now my phone isnt running now. how can i submit my info to the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    ok i have my blobs and ECID # now my phone isnt running now. how can i submit my info to the server?
    Everything undergoes automatically...you cannot send it manually

I know, I was suggesting that it was just taking him a while to submit all 50,000 ecids to apple for 3.1, I imagine that once he goes through the 50,000 ecids already on file he'll then open it up to everyone again.
    I think it just quote the EARLIEST firmware that he got for your device...meaning that if it shows he has the 3.0 version for you, you can restore to 3.0 in the future, if it's the other way you can only restore to 3.1

this is my understanding
    Last edited by auwkeung; 2009-09-18 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does Cydia start to capture ECID SHSH for new users? Or, Saurik just converts from 3.0 ECID SHSH to 3.1 ECID SHSH for previous users??
    Last edited by sw10; 2009-09-18 at 09:03 PM.

You cant send it to his server anyways, because the service is not up and running yet. Notice Cyndia still looks the same and it doesnt have the "Make life easier" button.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything undergoes automatically...you cannot send it manually
    seeing as my phone is stuck at the Apple logo loop, this is impossible for me. Does this mean i have to upgrade to 3.1 (whenever/if the JB is realeased?)? my phones been down for a week now

woulda been nice if there was a Cydia website you could manualy submit through your PC.

Hello Gurus,

I have iPhone 3GS with 3.1 firmware. Looking for to downfrade it to 3.0 firmware. I have changed the hosts file on windows and when I tired to downgrate ito 3.0 or 3.01, the system is throwing the following error messages and found them in iPhoneUpdater.log
    -----------------------
    _AmrCreateStandardSessionAndSubmit: this build lacks UniqueBuildID

[tss] no value for key RestoreRamDisk present
    failed to merge img3 (Entry not found)
    failed to personalize RestoreRamDisk
    _AMRAuthInstallCopyPreflightOptions: failed to personalize bundle (3002)
    --------------------------------------

The above error is saying there is no ECID SHSH file on Saurik server.

My question is, how to get this file and kindly let me know what do I have to do in order to get the ECID SHSH file ????

Thank you,
    Nikee

I've Cydia 1.0.3044-65 on 3gs 3.0 and I don't see any ECID SHSH. Do I need a sim card inside the phone? What's going on??

help2. How do i get my ECID HASH or on file thingyyy??? I need insurance if whatever happens to my iphone i can restore it back to 3.0...

pls helpp. I've yet to jailbreak tho.

Quote Originally Posted by maq_vader View Post
    help2. How do i get my ECID HASH or on file thingyyy??? I need insurance if whatever happens to my iphone i can restore it back to 3.0...

pls helpp. I've yet to jailbreak tho.
    You gotta jailbreak first then use Cydia to capture ECID.

Maybe I'm reading too much but I'm so totally confused. I'm also not a techy person so I am trying my best to understand and I obviously don't want to start messing with somethings that will mess up my iphone which for the moment is running perfectly.

I have a 3GS iphone on 3.01 firmware which is jailbroken. I need to get this codes that everyone is talking about but need to know how to do it so that I don't screw up my phone. It seems some have tried it and then got stuck in the apple logo and can't do anything about it. In Cydia I have no option to Make My Life Easy which would be great and would love an application that I can just press and it gets this information and the information on the site is confusing because some people are saying that the option is there - it's not there for me and I have accepted all of Cydia updates.

Can someone please lead a very blind person in the right direction and in the simplest terms and easiest way possible. (P.S>: I also need to know if this way will work with a 3G on 3.01 and a 2G on 3.0)

Thanks guys for all your hard work - it is very appreciated by people such as myself that are totally lost.

Same here from the reply of the above post. I am utterly confused about many things.

I've read sauriks's caching the apple signature and updated my HOST file with the add ons for the bottom of the file. So now im confused weather i am suppose to jailbreak now and SASH my ECID or something?

Or is the Server offline and only catering to the 50,000 lucky ones that already hashed it??

If you are running jailbroken FW 3.0 or 3.0.1 but cannot see "Make my life easier option", you have to wait for saurik to start collecting ECID again in the near future.

After you have 3.1 hash on file, you will be able to come back to 3.1 (which is jailbreakable) from later version.

Just wait for now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast