Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 3.1 ECID SHSH service is up now.

Just bought a 3GS Factory Unlocked with 3.0.1. Just Jailbroke it and trying to locate ECID Backup on Cydia.

Yep, Its not up there for me
    --If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

Tonight I saw "Make my life easier option".
    I clicked on it, then it says
    "This device has a pending TSS request. The TSS queue is deep: check tomorrow".

What does that mean? Do I need to open Cydia often tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro32 View Post

Yes, check back later.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok I got my iPhone 3GS Yesterday and it came with OS 3.0.1 so I jailbroke it and installed Cydia. So as soon as I saw this posted, I went to go check my Cydia looking for this "Make my life easier" option but couldn't find it. But then I noticed on top it said, "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file" like the picture posted in the first post.

Do I really have my ECID SHSH on file?

Did it do this automatically because I didn't see or push the "Make my life easier" option. But I did open my Cydia a couple of times today.

You might have an ecid on file. I think there is no way to jailbreak without an ecid on file currently.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had my ECID on file with my Iphone 3GS when i was on 3.0.1 but my email stopped working for some stupid reason and i went to restore back to 3.0.1 but Itunes didnt let and i was forced to update to 3.1, am i still safe for down grading or jailbreak and everything i had before this stupid update ? or do i have to do this Host File thing and restore for it to register again ?

Oh damn... i clicked on "i hate jailbraiking" by an oversight. now the "make my life easier" function is away... what can i do to get it back? thx

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My 3Gs has a ECID on file.
    My 3G isn't jailbroken andrunning 3.1 but saurik doesn't have my ECID on file.

I have added the 74 IP address to my hosts. Now if I restore it will send the necessary data to saurik?

Thanks
    Scott

Damn, I clicked "I hate jailbreaking", too. For me it isn't possible to click on " make my life easier", too. What is to do now?

I got some sort of error message after I press Make My Life Easier and not sure of all it said but now it does say "This device has a pending TSS request. The TSS queue is deep: check tomorrow". Does that mean I'm okay?

I have a 3GS running on 3.01 - jailbroken.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by auwkeung View Post
    Saurik said once you are filed on 3.0 firmware, he can generate 3.1 shsh files for you automatically...don't worry

you don't need to do it again
    Can anyone verify that once you are "on file" with 3.0 that nothing else is needed at this time? I do not want to upgrade to 3.1 and I have 3.0 "on file" already. I have also changed my host file but I have no need to do a restore. Also for those people that have 3.1 SHSH on file and running 3.0.1, is that because you didn't originally have 3.0 on file?

fhorn - how did you change your host file - I can't seem to add that line at the end and then someone suggested copying that file on the desktop opening it in notepad and then making changes and re-save it but it is not working for me. How do you do it???

Thanks.

kally

1. press windows + R on your keyboard or go to run

2. Type in the following : CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

3. click ok. You should now get an Open with window. Click on notepad and then click ok

4 Hosts file will now open in Notepad. Make a new line below 127.0.0.1 local host with
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

5. click file save in noted pad.Where it says "Save as type" make sure you select All Files and then click save

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maarco74 For This Useful Post:

maggieaco (2009-09-21), tindauic (2009-09-22)

Thank you Maarco74 - I will try that.

Is it normal that I get the message on top of my Cydia that "This device has a pending TSS request. The TSS queue is deep: check tomorrow".

Is that okay or did I do something wrong??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kally View Post
    Is it normal that I get the message on top of my Cydia that "This device has a pending TSS request. The TSS queue is deep: check tomorrow".

Is that okay or did I do something wrong??
    This is a good thing, and with this I don't even think you need to do the hosts thing.

At least that sound promising finally after reading my eyes out for the last 3 days. I can't seem to get this host thing going. Now it tells me I don't have administrator rights but it's my laptop and I make whatever changes I want on it and I am listed as administrator so no clue what that is all about. Anyone have a clue.

In jail I know you mention that I probably don't need it but at this point I think it's better to be double safe than sorry - thanks for everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, To begin my ecid/shshs had been capture, since my cydia indicate it was capture, and I got to change my host like as suggested by Saurik. To make a long story short. I was forced to upgrade my 3gs firmware 3.0 to 3.1. because of issues with our beloved Cydia crashing on me. Old verision of itunes gave me an error and also new version. Itunes don't let me downgrade. I've even used the 3gsgrabber assistance. But for some reason in the middle of the downgrade itunes gives me some error message (1015). I think and please correct me if that is the case. That my biggest mistake was using Apple's upgrade instead of the ipse file already created for this purpose. I think I read that on bigboss site one time. But I forgot that one very important step. Is there still hope for me or am I stuck? Until windows 3.1. jailbreak? I tell ya I feel like crying cause a virgin phone is BORING! By the way the new itunes is very userfriendly. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maarco74 View Post
    kally

1. press windows + R on your keyboard or go to run

2. Type in the following : C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts.

3. click ok. You should now get an Open with window. Click on notepad and then click ok

4 Hosts file will now open in Notepad. Make a new line below 127.0.0.1 local host with
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

5. click file save in noted pad.Where it says "Save as type" make sure you select All Files and then click save
    hi thanks, i don't think i had follow step 5 porperly. I just followed your directions and I guess I must have done it wrong cause mines read all weird like below. I'm gonna try again tonite to downgrade. Thanks again.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com # downgrade # downgrade
    Last edited by maggieaco; 2009-09-21 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally Posted by Hiro32 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thedesp View Post
    Yes, check back later.
    This morning I checked Cydia, and now it says
    "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on flie.".
    So what is the difference between 3.0 ECID and 3.1 ECID?

3.0 allows you to stay at 3.0 now

3.1 allows you to stay at 3.1 in the future when it's jailbroken, and apple releases an update and stops signing 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    3.0 allows you to stay at 3.0 now

3.1 allows you to stay at 3.1 in the future when it's jailbroken, and apple releases an update and stops signing 3.1
    Oh, it doesn't do anything for me at this moment since I'm on 3.0 now...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast