Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help With downgrading 3GS from 3.1

Unhappy Help With downgrading 3GS from 3.1
    I have tried and failed using saurik's method using Itunes 9.0. Is it necessary to use Itunes 8.2 to make this downgrade work?

I had been able to downgrade successfuly using itunes 9. Read the post from Bondkt. I was stuck in restore mode (itunes w cable screen) but using Quikpwn was able to get out of that loop and activate my phone before jailbreaking. Were you at least able to get to the point where you get error 1015. Was your info captured by Saurik's server...that's necesssary.
    Was thrilled someone helped me, glad to try and help you ..203-374-3737

Tell you the truth I got several error codes, 1003, was one of them I think and I finally gave up. This is a new 3GS and when I was trying to grab the files I would need for the future it locked up, think brick, and I had to restore with 3.1. I finally figured out how to use Terminal to modify the /etc/hosts file and followed instructions. I guess the real problem is that Saurik's server does not have my info. Now I am waiting for jailbreak for 3.1, hopefully soon, and was wondering if Apple screwed up Itunes ver 9 somehow.

Sorry, but if your ECID info wasn't captured by Saurik you can't revert back to firmware 3.0. Apple doesn't allow you to reinstall that 3.0 firmware, they are no longer signing it, Saurik's workaround allowed you to point your itunes restore to his own server so that you could receive the correctly digitally signed 3.0 firmware. You'll have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak for iphone 3GS. It will happen soon. Then after you jailbreak 3.1, Saurik will be able to capture your phones files so that you'll be able to jailbreak after 3.1, or revert to previous firmware versions. From what I understand Saurik will come up with a new way to jailbreak. Essentially he and his servers will update your firmware to the next version and jailbreak at the same time, or without removing your existing jailbreak.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emkers For This Useful Post:

Rvman (2009-09-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emkers View Post
    I had been able to downgrade successfuly using itunes 9. Read the post from Bondkt. I was stuck in restore mode (itunes w cable screen) but using Quikpwn was able to get out of that loop and activate my phone before jailbreaking. Were you at least able to get to the point where you get error 1015. Was your info captured by Saurik's server...that's necesssary.
    Was thrilled someone helped me, glad to try and help you ..203-374-3737
    post here if it helps:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ssed-read.html

No to everything, I just bought the phone, couldn't recover the files necessary and in the process had to install 3.1 because it locked up while I was recovering the files. Since it was new I never had the time to jailbreak it properly with Sauriks server. Got to wait for them to break 3.1