Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iphone 3GS ver. 3.1 to ver. 3.0

Default Restoring iphone 3GS ver. 3.1 to ver. 3.0
    Hi, I'm new on here and I'm not quite geek enough to understand everything on here but a buddy at work said you could revert your iphone back to it's original factory settings and version 3.0 by using a older version of iTunes (pre 9.0). Has anyone heard of this and has it been tried? Also I uninstalled my version of iTunes 9.0 and deleted my program file folders that were Apple folders (iTunes, QuickTime, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, iPod, Iphone Configuration Utility) and installed an earlier version of iTunes in hopes of trying this out but instead I got an error message about Apple library file .itl being a newer version and iTunes wouldn't open at all. Is there a way to get rid of the newer .itl file so the older one installs or replaces it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by His Nibs View Post
    Hi, I'm new on here and I'm not quite geek enough to understand everything on here but a buddy at work said you could revert your iphone back to it's original factory settings and version 3.0 by using a older version of iTunes (pre 9.0). Has anyone heard of this and has it been tried? Also I uninstalled my version of iTunes 9.0 and deleted my program file folders that were Apple folders (iTunes, QuickTime, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, iPod, Iphone Configuration Utility) and installed an earlier version of iTunes in hopes of trying this out but instead I got an error message about Apple library file .itl being a newer version and iTunes wouldn't open at all. Is there a way to get rid of the newer .itl file so the older one installs or replaces it? Thanks.
    I don't think there's a different in using an earlier version of iTunes.

The mechanism of firmware signature by Apple for 3GS is the same. You should try out Saurik's solution.

However, if you don't have your ECID filed by Saurik's server before, you can't restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 anymore.

Yea,unfortunately I'm a new iPhone owner and wasn't fully informed as to what and what not to do regarding iTunes so tragically when I hooked up my iphone on my computer iTunes automatically synced my firmware/software to 3.1 before I realized what had happened and now it's too late.And I wasn't aware of certain procedures as to storing my phones files somewhere else so as to protect them.