Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3002 Error, But ...

  1. #1
    Default 3002 Error, But ...
    I have a 3G[S] running 3.0.1 and Cydia tells me that my ECID and SHSH are on file. I was excited, because I thought that made me one of the very few lucky ones ... but now I'm not so sure.

    When I attempt a restore to 3.0.1 (yes, I edited my HOSTS file), I get the 3002 error ... so something is wrong.

    Anyone have any ideas or insight?


    EDIT: I rechecked Cydia after writing this post. It now reports that it only has 3.0 of my ECID and SHSH (not 3.0.1 like before), so I will retry to restore with the other firmware.
    Last edited by tridens; 2009-09-18 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Default shsh
    man i have the same problem excactly!!!!!!! error 3002!!! same case and situation,, 3gs with shsh ecid on file and 3.0.1!! now on 3.1 and cant do nothing,, find something???

  3. #3
    same here i keep getting that same error can anyone tell us what it is???????????? but i get mine during the verifying with apple
    Last edited by drew17sgameing.webs.com; 2009-09-24 at 07:23 AM.

  4. #4
    restore to 3.0? think saurik only backed up 3.0 ecids, only a lucky few had 3.0.1 backed up.

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Error 3002 means you can't restore to that version. (Saurik does not have the ECID SHSH for that version)

    Make sure you are pointing to Saurik's server, then try 3.0 instead of 3.0.1, if that also fails you're out of luck - there is no way for you to restore to 3.0/3.0.1.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    441
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts

    Well that's just cute considering Saurik made it seem like it was OK to attempt to restore 3.0 or 3.0.1 when Cydia showed that the ECID was indeed on file in Cydia.

    While I only whine and complain when something is valid, this definitely feels that way currently. I feel like I haven't been given the whole story, and it's irritating that I now need to upgrade to 3.1 on my wife's phone through all of this.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Well that's just cute considering Saurik made it seem like it was OK to attempt to restore 3.0 or 3.0.1 when Cydia showed that the ECID was indeed on file in Cydia.
    It is OK to restore to 3.0 using saurik's method, AS LONG as your 3.0 ECID SHSH was hashed with Cydia. I have used saurik's server, and the TinyTSS tool from xsemaphorex to successfully load 3.0 firmware on my phone.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Well that's just cute considering Saurik made it seem like it was OK to attempt to restore 3.0 or 3.0.1 when Cydia showed that the ECID was indeed on file in Cydia.

    While I only whine and complain when something is valid, this definitely feels that way currently. I feel like I haven't been given the whole story, and it's irritating that I now need to upgrade to 3.1 on my wife's phone through all of this.
    If you actually bother to read Saurik's article on this, you will see he quite clearly states that 3.0.1 is not an option for the majority of users. (See the yellow box above "Upcoming 3.1 Exploit")
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  9. #9
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    441
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGuru View Post
    If you actually bother to read Saurik's article on this, you will see he quite clearly states that 3.0.1 is not an option for the majority of users. (See the yellow box above "Upcoming 3.1 Exploit")
    That's correct, however if you'd read my initial response, I had stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    ...Cydia showed that the ECID was indeed on file in Cydia...
    The initial phone was running the 3.0.1 firmware, after caching the 3.0 ECID in Cydia.

    Here are the steps that I'd taken, which follow Saurik's initial post.

    • Modified HOSTS file to point to 74.208.105.171 (see attached img)
    • Verified before initial attempt to restore that Cydia showed "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file."
    • Verified I had properly named iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file on local machine
    • Verified gs.apple.com resolved to 74.208.105.171 (see attached img)
    • Attempted restore via itunes to 3.0. Came up with "unknown error (3002)"
    • Attempted second restore via itunes to 3.0 - Same error
    • Attempted restore via itunes to 3.0.1 - Same error
    • Attempted restore in DFU mode with 3.0 - Same error
    • Attempted second restore in DFU mode with 3.0 - Same error
    • Attempted restore in DFU mode with 3.0.1 - Same error


    Before you ask, yes, I know how to put my iphone/ipod into DFU mode. I've had a fair bit of experience doing this on my ipod in the past, and have had no issues thus far with either my wife's or my iphone.

    I would suggest getting off your high horse, and realize that there are indeed technical people on these forums, and not some schmuck saying "fix plz!" I followed the directions exactly, and the restore failed. Considering I've seen the message of the ECID being on file on both phones each time I run Cydia, I'd like you to point out exactly what step that I had failed to follow considering it worked two days earlier with my 32gb variant which had gone through the exact same 3.0 to 3.0.1 upgrade path on the same days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hosts.jpg   -ping.jpg  

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 109 Times in 32 Posts

    I did read your comment fully, and it was due to your lack of explanation that resulted in mine - if you had mentioned what you had tried in the first place it would have seemed like you had a valid argument, as it was it just seemed like you were having a go at Saurik for no valid reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Cydia showed that the ECID was indeed on file in Cydia.
    Is not the same as saying "Cydia reported it had a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file." - Initially in Cydia it said "This phone has an ECID SHSH on file", later Saurik changed this to specify the version it actually had, as in "This device has a 3.x(.x) ECID SHSH on file."

    However, some users reportedly had false positives of versions being on file when in fact they were not - notices which were later removed from Cydia.

    It sounds like your wife's phone falls into the latter now that you have presented all the facts.

    One last thing, when you say "Attempted restore" initially, I assume you mean via Recovery mode correct? - And not just by shift-clicking Restore.

    I never said nor implied that you were not technically minded, and if it seemed like I did, I apologise.
    As for a high horse, if I had one, I'd get off it. (And yes, that's sarcasm - I know you did not literally mean to get off a high horse.)
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-25 at 12:02 AM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

  11. #11
    Is it necessary to have ECID SHSH on file even if you have a regular iPhone 3G? I am planning to buy one from a friend and would like o know if I would be able to restore it to 3.0? Your feedback will be much appreciated.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •