Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 SHSH Blob Grabber

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

xsemaphorex, you're a damn wizard with this stuff and I give you major props, but you suck at making a guide. If someone can compile all the different steps and procedures it takes to actually make all this come together instead of posting one or two lines of code every time someone gets stuck we can clear up all this confusion once and for all. The people that are starting from scratch asking for a walk through aren't asking you to start when your window is already open and you're 5 steps deep in the code.

Thanks for the program however. It's ingenious. History has proven most people who are this deep in the programming can't make a real world guide because their head is already sitting in the middle of the program when they start step one. You have to dumb it down for people who have never done any of it. I've noticed previous persons asking for a step by step guide and you respond back with a screenshot of code with the program already open and half executed. It isn't your fault, it's a product of being too far ahead of the people asking for your service.

Play stupid for ten minutes and try to go step by step for the persons needing a walk through. Whether you like it or not EVERYBODY wants to do it, but only certain people are capable without assistance so to avoid a huge state of confusion and issues, just make the guide, make it nice and simple from the first movement sitting in front of the computer, and you'll save yourself the sanity of the billions of questions that would follow without it. Thanks again for this app, it's excellent.
    Last edited by one1; 2009-09-20 at 09:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2009-09-20)

lmao. you're right i suck at making guides. i'll spend a bit of time doing it right now.

LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGuru's Avatar
    Thanks

@one1 - Alternatively, I'm making a simple GUI for umbrella that should be finished soon. I've had it tested and it just has a few kinks to work out, e.g. for some reason it doesn't go to the correct dir on Mac, where as it does on windows, works on JRE 1.6, but not 1.5, etc.

And cheers for the thanks
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-20 at 10:14 PM.
    iGuru, aka macdotnub/mac.nub - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macdotnub
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

Simon (2009-09-20)

Question Different File Sizes
    Semaphore or someone else in the know,

I just grabbed my blobs using fw-umbrella. (very cool and great work!)

However, I grabbed v3.1 from Apple and then the same v3.1 from Saurik (cydia) and the file sizes are a little different:
    65,048 bytes (from apple server using fw-umbrella) and 65,143 bytes (from saurik's cydia server using fw-umbrella)

Also after looking at both of the files in textmate there are some differing lines and it seems like some of the order is different...

saurik blob has -> line #2: "<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">" and the other blob doesn't have that line (probably doesn't matter???)

It also seems that some sections are switched around... However, it does appear that the code within the <data> tags are the same.

Just wondering if everything is all good for both of the files and it is understood that they are not going to be identical or if there is a bit of a glitch somewhere??? I am guessing they both work (just making sure.)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Downloaded the new version and it worked one time, thanks everyone for helping

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxrogers View Post
    Just wondering if everything is all good for both of the files and it is understood that they are not going to be identical or if there is a bit of a glitch somewhere??? I am guessing they both work (just making sure.)
    Just to confirm that is the correct behaviour, for whatever reason Saurik adds that to his file, it's not needed and makes no difference when used with TinyTTS what so ever.

Also, the order is random, so again normal behaviour.

Edit: See semaphore's post below for further explanation.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-21 at 02:25 AM.
    Get your ECID SHSH file! (For 3GS Restore verification) http://bit.ly/JnDw2 (Thanks to semaphore!)

Max Rogers:

very good questions. First I'll attack the doctype question. The file I store is more for reference. The essential pieces are the key/dict pairs. This data is loaded into the TinyTSS on startup and the response plist that TinyTSS generates, you will see has the proper doctype added. But I only save exactly what apple sends back. At least i think this is he case. Take a look at the lastest version and verify it. I've done about 30 builds of this app since I released it on Thursday.

The second question is about the data order. The order is exactly the same as the corresponding challenge request. iTunes tries to be cute by mixing up when it requests certain keys. Sometimes it will request all at once and sometimes it will request a few at a time over a few distinct requests. This they did to try making pure packet-replay "attacks" difficult. But for systems like TinyTSS, that read the blobs and serve them up on request, iTunes can request whatever whenever.

Thanks

Test version of the GUI is done, as I say, it's basic. But it should work - For those of you that wish to test it, simply grab it from http://bit.ly/13lCwL
    It was slightly more complex than I thought to get it working on Mac, Windows and Linux, but it should now work on all three.

Extract the zip into the same folder as umbrella.jar etc. check your libs folder, make sure to download the latest version of Umbrella before use, as otherwise it most likely won't work.

To use, simply double click Umbrella-GUI.jar, and simply fill in/select the options then click generate.

I release this code as-is, with no warranty etc.

To state the obvious: If you are trying to get your 3.0/3.0.1 blobs your etc/hosts needs to be pointing to Saurik's server. This tool will not be able to get them if they do not exist on there.
    Last edited by iGuru; 2009-09-21 at 02:29 AM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iGuru For This Useful Post:

exNavy (2009-09-22), Madman604x (2009-09-21), reverser (2009-09-21), sbcdk (2009-09-21), sdsvtdriver (2009-09-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

opens on my mac, gonna test now

Default Thanks!
    iGuru,

Thanks, for this, makes it easier to work with. Especially for the "monogoloids" as semaphore so quaintly puts it. Hehe. It might be worth starting a new thread, because I think alot of people will miss it here, and the incessant questions will continue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reverser View Post
    iGuru,

Thanks, for this, makes it easier to work with. Especially for the "monogoloids" as semaphore so quaintly puts it. Hehe. It might be worth starting a new thread, because I think alot of people will miss it here, and the incessant questions will continue.
    Done: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

Quote Originally Posted by kirchosbg View Post
    I don't see the source code. Am I missing something?
    what exactly are you trying to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsemaphorex View Post
    I've updated the zip again. I had added xml parsing to the umbrella app but forgot to put the dependency in the MANIFEST.MF... this is why you got that class not found exception.

It's been fixed and the newest download from the blog works on all platforms as it should.

Thanks for your patience
    Just want to inform you, that on the PPC Mac with Leopard, on which the older 3-files version worked, I now get:

Collecting all blobs...
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.getBytes(Ljava/nio/charset/Charset[B
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.executeStage(Umbrella.java: 120)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.execute(Umbrella.java:104)
    at com.semaphore.Umbrella.main(Umbrella.java:59)

and no shsh is generated.

On a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard, it works.

Same error as above, on intel hackbook w/ Leopard. Is it because Java version is too old?

java version "1.5.0_20"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_20-b02-315)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_20-141, mixed mode, sharing)

Spamdumpster and any others receiving the methodnotfound error.

I've updated and fixed a leopard 1.5 issue. Apparently the jdk doesnt contain that method for leopard 1.5 o.O

The new zip is ready for download.

semaphore

First of all, thank you. I now have my 3.0 and 3.1 blobs, and I can confirm that tinytss seems to work.

HOWEVER - here is something strange, I have run umbrella trying to also get my 3.0.1 blobs. When I point it at apple's server, I get no output (as expected). BUT, when I point it at Saurik's server, I get an 00.shsh file. THEN, if I try to ruin tinytss to serve it to me, I get an error
    Code:
    INFO: Verifying ecid shsh blobs...
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Your shsh blobs are malformed... don't delete them they just need to be fixed.
    	at com.semaphore.TinyTSS.verifyCache(TinyTSS.java:139)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyTSS.cacheFiles(TinyTSS.java:102)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyTSS.<init>(TinyTSS.java:73)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyTSS.main(TinyTSS.java:46)
    I can confirm that tinytss runs and detects my 3.0 and 3.1 blobs just fine. What is this 3.0.1 blob that it has gotten from Saurik's and why is it malformed? I didn't think that Saurik had my 3.0.1 blobs on file because I cannot upgrade to 3.0.1 through his server.

EDIT: I just pointed at Saurik's server and tried to restore to 3.0.1. Got a 1602 error.
    Last edited by Spamdumpster; 2009-09-21 at 08:43 PM.

Spamdumpster:

Great question! Here is why you get a response from Saurik. It's a bit confusing but I understand what Saurik is doing. He seems to always return a status=0 success message. But if you look closely at the 3.0.1 00.shsh file that umbrella produced for you, it has an empty <plist version="1.0"></plist>

This is because saurik did a look up on your ecid and found nothing...

It is a little different from how apple responds but effectively it is the same.

What is important though is that you got your 3.0 ecid shsh blobs.

TinyTSS + that 3.0 file will allow you to restore to 3.0 permanently.

Spamdumpster:

Great question! Here is why you get a response from Saurik. It's a bit confusing but I understand what Saurik is doing. He seems to always return a status=0 success message. But if you look closely at the 3.0.1 00.shsh file that umbrella produced for you, it has an empty <plist version="1.0"></plist>

This is because saurik did a look up on your ecid and found nothing...

It is a little different from how apple responds but effectively it is the same.

What is important though is that you got your 3.0 ecid shsh blobs.

TinyTSS + that 3.0 file will allow you to restore to 3.0 permanently.
    Yup, you're dead on, the file I got is only 4k and is essentially blank.

Once again, great work. When do you think the 3.1 JB will be released?

Thumbs up Thanks again!
    Max Rogers:

very good questions. First I'll attack the doctype question. The file I store is more for reference. The essential pieces are the key/dict pairs. This data is loaded into the TinyTSS on startup and the response plist that TinyTSS generates, you will see has the proper doctype added. But I only save exactly what apple sends back. At least i think this is he case. Take a look at the lastest version and verify it. I've done about 30 builds of this app since I released it on Thursday.

The second question is about the data order. The order is exactly the same as the corresponding challenge request. iTunes tries to be cute by mixing up when it requests certain keys. Sometimes it will request all at once and sometimes it will request a few at a time over a few distinct requests. This they did to try making pure packet-replay "attacks" difficult. But for systems like TinyTSS, that read the blobs and serve them up on request, iTunes can request whatever whenever.
    Thanks again semaphorex! I knew everything was perfectly in order! We all REALLY appreciate your efforts to help out so many of us!

Hello, i've gone through pretty much the entire thread. I am currently on 3.0.1 Cydia used to say that 3.0 ECID ssh on file so i tried grabbing my 3.0 blob from Saurik's server didn't work. How can i possibly get my ECID for 3.0.1? I just want to restore back to 3.0.1. Any help will be appreciated. Please note, i have never upgraded to 3.1.

[EDiT] The only blob i can get is 3.1 from Saurik's server. What i don't get is, how is that possible if i never upgraded in the first place?[/EDiT]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast