Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs running 3.01 (not jailbroken) looking for options.

Default 3gs running 3.01 (not jailbroken) looking for options.
    I just bought 3gs.
    I have yet to jail break it.
    it is running 3.01 version.

I want to jailbreak & unlock in future. I haven't done that because i waneted to make sure new phone is working fine, just in case i had to return it.

What are my options. What should i do. Please provide details.

Thanks
    Last edited by uguess; 2009-09-17 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks

jailbreak using redsn0w now but then just stay there....when the time comes for 3.1 unlock for 3GS, carefully read the new instructions for us and ur set....thanx button in advance

do i have to jailbreak NOW, whats the Consequences not jail breaking at this time. (the reason is that my phone is brand new, i would like to use it for few days and make sure nothing is wrong with it, just in case i have to return)

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I got my iPhone on Monday of this week... Jailbroke it last night... Stayed up til 5 AM goofing around installing and testing out Cydia apps.

I would highly recommend jailbreaking immediately. It is so choice. It takes all of 5 minutes and all the old functionality is there plus more...oh so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by uguess View Post
    do i have to jailbreak NOW, whats the Consequences not jail breaking at this time. (the reason is that my phone is brand new, i would like to use it for few days and make sure nothing is wrong with it, just in case i have to return)

Jailbreak (if that's what you want to do)
    The reason is that even if you return it you will have to either:
    a) restore the phone to 3.1 to erase the jailbreak.
    b) the genius at the apple counter will restore the phone to 3.1 to see if that fixes the issue.

c) you will get a new phone most likely with 3.1 on it regardless if you exchange since they prep it there at the store.

so you see there is no benefit from waiting to jailbreak.

All this rollback talk and signing your ECID. will that happen once i jail break and install cydia. Will cydia autmatically register my ECID so that it can be safe to roll back in future if required.

there are couple of ways to jailbreak. which one do you guys recommend.

Thanks

To be honest ur to late to have cydia sign your ecid apple cut off signing try not messed around to much with it as you not want to mess it up as this will force you on legit 3.1 be carefull also if ur jailbroken saurik assumes you can add custom firware jailbroken ie 3.1 no modem update i hope you understood that

Redsn0w completely misd tht
    Last edited by minig; 2009-09-18 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by in jail View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, I got my iPhone on Monday of this week... Jailbroke it last night... Stayed up til 5 AM goofing around installing and testing out Cydia apps.

I would highly recommend jailbreaking immediately. It is so choice. It takes all of 5 minutes and all the old functionality is there plus more...oh so much more...
    Hi, I also own 3gs w/ 3.01 but couldn't get redsn0w to jailbreak it unless I restored to 3.0. Did you find a jailbreak for 3.01? Could you provide a link?

Thank you!

All I did to jailbreak my 3.0.1 was use redsnow and point it at the 3.0 IPSW. Worked like a charm.