Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "Make my life easier" nor "Your iPhone has... on file" message

Default No "Make my life easier" nor "Your iPhone has... on file" message
    What should I do if I:
    • have iPhone 3GS with 3.0.1 jailbreaked (since beginning of September). Current Cydia version 1.0.3044-65
    • never saw the "Make my life easier" button
    • do not see any messages at the top such as "This iPhone 3G[S] has...on file" or "pending request"
    • have updated Cydia to the latest versions multiple times within last couple of weeks
    • have tried to click the hidden link at the "developer" (as found in one of posts somewhere), but it did not open anything.

Any help is appreciated. I just would like to be safe in a future, to save my 3.1 signature before they get new one out.

Saurik is planning on turning that feature back on soon.

The sticky listed at top of this forum has all the info as do a couple of threads here that go into greater detail about it.

I am in the same boat and am waiting to get my info on file with Cydia as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GTOpilot For This Useful Post:

KryptiK (2010-10-28)

cydia can't save the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID anymore, so the button won't appear anymore. when possible, upgrade to 3.1 jailbroken ... under 3.1, saurik will soon release the ability to save the ECID

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    cydia can't save the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECID anymore, so the button won't appear anymore. when possible, upgrade to 3.1 jailbroken ... under 3.1, saurik will soon release the ability to save the ECID
    Please don't confuse the issue. cydia can save your 3.1 hashed ECID even if you are running it under 3.0/3.01, the service is just not available yet.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoyd For This Useful Post:

in jail (2009-09-17), scc4fun (2009-09-18)

Thanks all, looks like I just need to wait. Was just confused with the missing button and message, I guess I may have just did not pay attention to them and then they disappeared. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
    Please don't confuse the issue. cydia can save your 3.1 hashed ECID even if you are running it under 3.0/3.01, the service is just not available yet.
    yeah, true, still you can't save the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ECIDs anymore.

Source:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...phone-3gs.html

-->2. You are running a jailbroken 3GS on either 3.0 or 3.0.1 and DID NOT "hash" your ECID with Cydia:

If you have a jailbroken 3GS using either 3.0 or 3.0.1 but did not get your ECID "hashed" with Cydia in time then you are still in good shape. Again, DO NOT UPGRADE TO APPLE'S OFFICIAL 3.1 FIRMWARE VIA ITUNES!!!! The bad news is that you will not be able to get back to 3.0 EVER. The good news is that you will always be able to downgrade to 3.1 which is a jailbreakable firmware. You will only be able to do this if you "hash" your ECID with Cydia in the future (Saurik said that this would be available last night but as of yet there is nothing). I know I am repeating myself but you must also use Saurik's method of altering the host file so that you can circumvent Apple. Follow Saurik on Twitter as I am sure he will let us know when we will be able to "hash" our ECID's for 3.1. More good news: Dev Team is creating custom 3.1 firmwares that will not change your baseband. So, as long as you use one of these when you restore and jailbreak you will still maintain your ability to unlock. Basically, you are golden since 3.1 is jailbreakable and, as long as you don't use the Apple 3.1 update, you will be able to keep your unlockability.

Perhaps it's possible... Is there anybody with Information, reliable Information?

Now he got that down to perfect comment powerfull tool being jailbroken.

Default PurpleRa1n ECID?
    Originally I jailbroke 3.0 with PurpleRa1n. Before he released it he had everyone find their ECID and put it into his web page. I did that. After 3.0.1 I jailbroke with Redsn0w. Is there a possibility that my ECID hash is lying about somewhere and I'm redeemable? I have it written down as well.

I've been jailbreaking since shortly after I got a 3G and I love it. I've purchased more JB apps than App Store ones.