Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have error 1015? It has you: Stuck? Confussed? READ THIS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I've restored several times, once with Quickpwn after the 1015 error then used redsnow 0.8... jailbreak succesful but no service. Then I didn it without quickpwn, still jailbroke the device but no service. I'm using AT&T... what gives. I have tried connecting to itunes even... still the same issue.
    Quickpwn will get you out of Recovery Mode ( Error 1015)
    Since you are with the Official Carrier, connect to Itunes let it boot up and Activate first.

Only then you jailbreak, you service will be back On after the activation with Itunes.

If you activate an Iphone through a jailbreaking tool e.g ( Blackrain : Hactivate ) and you are with Official Carrier, it must be unlocked in order to get Service.

If you activate an Iphone through a jailbreaking tool e.g ( Blackra1n : Hactivated ) and you are with Official Carrier and your Baseband cannot be unlocked, you will Not get any Service.

If you cannot unlocked because of the unlockable Baseband you have, and you are with the official carrier, you must let Itunes Activate it First, only then you jailbreak it and you will have Service too.

Quote Originally Posted by julioa350 View Post
    Does this work on the new iPhone 3Gs'?

I've got an iPhone 3Gs MC on 3.1.3 and it was never jailbroken to begin with.
    The answer is NO..

Quote Originally Posted by hezal View Post
    hye there bondkt,,i have the 1015 error and have done it for two times..but when i run quickpwn it says "the program fail to initialize......." please help me! :'(
    Did you use quikpwn 22.5 and is your Iphone in DFU mode.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-04-29 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default [Tuto] Downgrade new iBoot 3.1.3>3.1.2 Official Carrier Service (Mac/Win)
    If you activate an Iphone through a jailbreaking tool e.g ( Blackra1n : Hactivated ) and you are with Official Carrier and your Baseband cannot be unlocked, you will Not get any Service.
    That's right ! Do not use blackra1n to reboot, the Official Carrier will not be recognized.

Downgrading with "manual" reboot (New iBoot, even without SHSH file saved !) Carrier is save:

Edit host file in /etc/, paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com (like often explained)
    Download pack irecovery + libusb to desktop.
    Mac : http://thebigboss.org/blog_downloads/irecovery.zip
    Win : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (it's the direct link)
    Put Phone in restore mode and restore to FW 3.1.2 in iTunes (used : v. 9.0.3 and 9.1)
    FW trusted link :iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download -> iPhone 3 GS (3.1.2/7D11)
    Get error 1015, click ok, this is normal

MAC
    Unzip pack irecovery + libusb 0.1.4 to desktop.
    On the desktop create a folder named local.
    Open folder /usr/ (like done before with /etc/)
    Put the previously created folder local in /usr/ (you may have to authenticate)
    copy folder lib from /usr/ into local, open this lib folder and copy file libusb-0.1.4.dylib to it, out of the pack on the desktop.
    Close window, open Terminal.

Type : chmod 755 /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib, hit enter.
    Slide irecovery from desktop pack into this window.
    At the end of the obtained line: host:~ my computer$ /Users/my computer/Desktop/irecovery/iRecovery
    type -s
    hit enter.
    Make sure your iPhone is in recovery mode (not off).
    In Terminal you got some text that finishes with :
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    (Recovery) iPhone$

Type : (hit ENTER after every line)
    fsboot
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    exit

The 2 new lines are :
    Closing USB connection...
    host:~ my computer$

Close Terminal.

WINDOWS
    Note for Windows users : BEFORE INSTALLING libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2, right click the file and set it to run under compatibility mode for Windows xp sp2. Thanks to gangsta415 and pappajohn for pointing that out, as i'm not a windows person
    Run Setup libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2.exe. Before Finish, select : Run test application. Program opens, just leave it as is.
    Extract iRecovery to desktop. Open windows command line application 'cmd' and
    cd desktop
    irecovery -s
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit

Close Terminal.

Now reboot holding Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
    Carrier's on. Confirm operator update when iTunes prompts you.
    Close iTunes and jailbreak (redsn0w 0.9.4 works fine).
    Jailbreak is tethered but clean, no network problems or else.
    (I think the auto-reboot issue that some have is particular to blackra1n)
    Keep redsn0w on desktop to quickly "just reboot tethered" when you need it while installing stuff.

Enjoy...
    Kindly post your feedbacks.
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-07-15 at 12:45 AM. Reason: coloring Terminal result lines for better visibility

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky34 View Post
    That's right ! Do not use blackra1n to reboot, the Official Carrier will not be recognized.

Downgrading with "manual" reboot (New iBoot, even without SHSH file saved !) Carrier is save:

Edit host file in /etc/, paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com (like often explained)
    Download pack irecovery + libusb to desktop.
    Mac : http://thebigboss.org/blog_downloads/irecovery.zip
    Win : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (it's the direct link)
    Put Phone in restore mode and restore to FW 3.1.2 in iTunes (used : v. 9.0.3 and 9.1)
    FW trusted link :iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download -> iPhone 3 GS (3.1.2/7D11)
    Get error 1015, click ok, this is normal

MAC
    Unzip pack irecovery + libusb 0.1.4 to desktop.
    On the desktop create a folder named local.
    Open folder /usr/ (like done before with /etc/)
    Put the previously created folder local in /usr/ (you may have to authenticate)
    copy folder lib from /usr/ into local, open this lib folder and copy file libusb-0.1.4.dylib to it, out of the pack on the desktop.
    Close window, open Terminal.

Type : chmod 755 /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib, hit enter.
    Slide irecovery from desktop pack into this window.
    At the end of the new line: host:~ my computer$ /Users/my computer/Desktop/irecovery/iRecovery
    type -s
    hit enter.
    Make sure your iPhone is in recovery mode (not off).
    In Terminal you got text that finishes with :
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    (Recovery) iPhone$

fsboot
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    exit

The 2 new lines are :
    Closing USB connection...
    host:~ my computer$

Close Terminal.

WINDOWS

Run Setup libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2.exe. Before Finish, select : Run test application. Program opens, just leave it as is.
    Extract iRecovery to desktop. Open windows command line application 'cmd' and
    cd desktop
    irecovery -s
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit

Close Terminal.

Now reboot holding Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
    Carrier's on. Confirm operator update when iTunes prompts you.
    Close iTunes and jailbreak (redsn0w 0.9.4 works fine).
    Jailbreak is tethered but clean, no network problems or else.
    (I think the auto-reboot issue that some have is particular to blackra1n)
    Keep redsn0w on desktop to quickly "just reboot tethered" when you need it while installing stuff.

Enjoy...
    Kindly post your feedbacks.
    What is the difference between using Quickpwn and iRecovery to boot up ? iRecovery seems like alot of work...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

zopcan (2010-05-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by julioa350 View Post
    Does this work on the new iPhone 3Gs'?

I've got an iPhone 3Gs MC on 3.1.3 and it was never jailbroken to begin with.
    No doesn't work with new 3G[S]. sorry mate.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    What is the difference between using Quickpwn and iRecovery to boot up ? iRecovery seems like alot of work...
    It's not that bad, takes 5 minutes to do.

It would look as easy as it is with some screenshots (less text), sorry for that !

iRecovery reboots successfully - inluding carrier service - the new 3GS having error 1015, for everybody (as it seems until there).
    Please let me know if you do NOT succeed.

Quickpwn does not work on Apple Computers, I might have given it a try.
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-04-30 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky34 For This Useful Post:

iYeow (2010-04-30)

he used teamviewer and did most of the work for me since i couldn't figure it out, and now i have a jailbroken 3.1.2 downgraded from 4.0b1 thanks a bunch

Will this work with my iPhone 3G running 3.1.3, 5.12.01 baseband? Trying to unlock for T-Mobile...

not to unlock sorry

Any ideas how that an be possible? I've heard perhaps by updating to the OS 4 beta and then downgrading to 3.1.2 it may work. Is there any truth to this theory?

none at all, infact you update your baseband again by going to 4.0 beta :P so it makes it even worse!

Thanks

Yes, the more you update, the baseband keep changing, your chances of unlocking will be practically 0% ( it is already impossible at 3.1.3, you are making it absolutely impossible at 4.0 )

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They are right. Use it as an ipod till an unlock comes along.

Hi I need help plzz.My iphone is 3.1.3 and want to downgrade 3.1.2
    I'm connecting iphone with itunes and put recovery mode. I'm doing every step in instructions but; i write irecovery -s in cmd but Iam getting this messaege:
    Got USB
    No iPhone /iPod found.
    plzz help me how can handle this???

zopcan, PM me if you need more help than this post. I can get into a lot more detail if you'd like. Btw, why do you want to downgrade when you can use the Spirit Jailbreak to jailbreak the phone? and You can't use unlocks if you already upgraded as the baseband can't downgrade (that's why you're having troubles in the first place :P)

Put your iPhone into DFU mode (google how)
    Shift+ click restore and select your 3.1.2 (make sure you got the right one for the device AND your itunes will talk to saurik servers instead of apples, google how)
    Wait for restore to finish (remember you were suppose to restore while your phone is in DFU mode) then restore a second time in restore mode.
    Download the Quickpwn on the first page here(requires winxp and possibly a different version of iTunes), and Quickpwn your phone(if quickpwn doesn't work on your computer you're either using Vista/7 or your itunes version is wrong, try a different version), it will fail, but your phone will boot! (with the slide for emergency)
    Plug your phone into itunes, itunes will activate, then the phone will activate the Sim and you're good to go.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@zopcan

Have a look at
    iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com for version and baseband info, first.

Dunno what you did exactly, maybe just a typing fault.

I quite agree with Ray661 for 2 restores in this case, as for the QuickPwn solution (Windows only).

I did not test iRecovery with iTunes 9.1.1, dunno if it makes a difference.
    Your detailed feedback would be good for the thread

iRecovery didn't detect my iPhone like it's not detecting his

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ray661 View Post
    iRecovery didn't detect my iPhone like it's not detecting his
    Have you installed Libusb on your pc yet, otherwise it will not detect your Iphone. Make sure you set it to xp2 compatibility mode in Vista or Win7.

Yes i did both, still no detection. The quick pwn was the only one that worked for me, and i tried everything in the book for 6 hours before i found this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ray661 View Post
    Yes i did both, still no detection. The quick pwn was the only one that worked for me, and i tried everything in the book for 6 hours before i found this
    So quickpwn did work for you. Some of the guys I helped seems to have problems with quickpwn and IReb. If those two don't work, then it is hard to get out of the recovery loop. I don't really know what the cause is but I have win7 and I can use quickpwn and IReb without any problems.

how did you use quickpwn on win7? the quickpwn version that is on the front of this page doesn't work on the Vista/7 kernel even with compatibility mode

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast