Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS crash don't know what to do???

Default 3GS crash don't know what to do???
    HI everyone.

have got a little problem.

i just purchase a 3gs and i jaibrake it. everything was going great until i install winterboard and have to reboot it after the installation.

The iphone don't want to start anymore.so... have got a crashed iphone and i don't want to restore and have the 3.1

the only thing i have for the moment is my ECID number.

I was wondering what to do??? i don't have too unlock the phone for anny carrier but just jailbrake it for have some apps.

So what i do... i go with the 3.1 and wait until the jailbrake goes out ??

I'M not very hurry because i still have my 3g for the moment but i want to sell it after my 3gs problem solve.

PS: Sorry for my english i'm french so i'm doing the best i can. :P

Thx every one.
    Last edited by stive; 2009-09-17 at 02:19 AM.

You may have no choice but to upgrade to 3.1. That's what happened to me after a crash and I had no choice. Fortunately I had my ECID hash on file with Cydia, so I could downgrade.

The only thing that I can think of trying (besides the usual hard reboot) is to try to rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.8, using the 3.0 software (there was no separate release of redsn0w for 3.0.1.) Sometimes that's been reported to reboot a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    You may have no choice but to upgrade to 3.1. That's what happened to me after a crash and I had no choice. Fortunately I had my ECID hash on file with Cydia, so I could downgrade.

The only thing that I can think of trying (besides the usual hard reboot) is to try to rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.8, using the 3.0 software (there was no separate release of redsn0w for 3.0.1.) Sometimes that's been reported to reboot a phone.
    Do you have any problems so far with the downgrade firmware but 5.0 BB? I'm at the same situation, I messed up my phone on Sun and updated my firmware with no choice. (I hate myself for doing that since Saurik's trick on the host files came out the day after that, if only I waited!) I am a newbie with the jb stuff. Can you tell me how to use the irecovery to boot the phone on Windows?