Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: My Successful Downgrade [3.1 to 3.0 on 3G] WITH Carrier Network (Canada>Rogers-Fido)

  1. #21
    ok this is good for 3g version, but can any one help on 3gs versions with similar problems

  2. #22
    Default need help with host file
    ok once i get to the etc folder i cant find the host file the only host i see saids its a icalender file or microsoft outlook so by that been said i cant open the file nor change it or save it to anything...any sugguestion on what i should do or another way to file the host file

  3. #23
    OK, I fallowed all the steps and now ultrasn0w does not work. I am getting no service(search...). I tryed to put in my number to save will not let me.

    Also have repeated and checked steps many times. To assure user error was not the case.

    Settings: downgraded to 3.0_7 from 3.1 on 3G
    Last edited by ct9amr9; 2009-09-24 at 08:06 AM.

  4. #24
    Default success with the 3.1 to 3.0 downgrade with AT&T network working
    I have finally had good success with the 3.1 to 3.0 downgrade with AT&T network working.

    It is slow and tedious but rewarding.

    Please note that the hardest part is having to get the Iphone out of the Itunes recovery mode after updating the 3.0 twice and seeing the 1015 error message twice.

    I had to use several computers because I was running Vista and the quickpwn only seems to work under XP and once you run the quickpwn program and hold down the home key for 10 seconds you have to unplug the usb connector and plug it back into a pc or mac running itunes to get the phone to fully initialize.

    I did not have to remove the IP address re-direct needed to update to 3.1, since both Apple and Cydia accept the authorization through Saurik's server even with the redirect IP address....The presence of the redirect IP in the Hosts file does not prevent your Iphone 3.1 upgrade (you need to do this first to get the network to be live).

    Update first to to 3.1 using iTunes restore... Saurik's server appears to store your authorization request and sends them as needed to Apple's server or blocks them during the jailbrake.

    The Itunes redirect IP address can remain in the Hosts file at all times. I was lucky because my Iphone's 3.0 hash files were captured in the Cydia server days before I mistakenlly updated to 3.1....this allowed me to Jailbrake back to 3.0.... Others are no so lucky. It now seems I have the best of both worlds....I have the updated baseband modem firmware 05.11.07 running with 3.0 firmware on my 3gs which is now jailbroken as it was when I accidently did the 3.1 update....Make sure you turn OFF iTunes update message or you may make he same mistake I did.

    Bob

  5. #25
    My 3G 8GB was on 3.0.1 on bb 4.26 but 2 days ago I lost my carrier signal after some unsuccessfuly jailbreak attempts. I had to have my phone on so I went ahead and restored using iTunes 9.0 and it restored me to, yep, you guessed it, OS 3.1 with baseband 5.11.07.

    I have been looking around frantically to find a way to jailbreak my phone; I used my Mom's mac and followed the QuickPwn 3.1 jailbreak instructions but it did not work; i got a 1620 error

    I following your steps EXACTLY but I am never able to get out of recovery mode, and when I attempt to use Redsn0w without properly powering down my iPhone, the jailbreak process hangs up at "Installing Activation Bundles."

    You made reference in your post to this possibility saying, "if it freezes during "installing activation bundles", then it's speculated that you may have somehow updated the modem firmware or baseband to 3.1's 5.11.07 (unlockable atm)"

    I'm not sure what you mean by this...if I have 3.1 AND 5.11.07 does that mean my phone can no longer be JAILBROKEN or does it simply mean it cannot be UNLOCKED? I plan to stay on an AT&T plan, so all I'm looking to do is Jailbreak.

    I'm using Windows XP but have access to an iMAC if necessary. Many thanks!

    CB

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Ok, I'm trying to help a friend. He has a 3g and was JB on 3.0. He had a problem and updated to the official 3.1 I ran through this and successfully got him back to 3.0 but then I couldnt restore to back up, iTunes said the Backup was a different version. So I tried going back to a custom JB 3.1, no luck. Then I went back to the 3.1 given in the instructins. That worked but I can JB the thing and his MMS wont work on AT&T. Any help?

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanum View Post
    To clarify this IS NOT AN UNLOCK SOLUTION. This will allow you to downgrade the Firmware, but NOT the baseband (which is what must be downgraded to use ultrasn0w and unlock). Very deceptive title, you may want to change that.

    Hi Fanum > actrually these steps that I wrote DID in fact UNLOCK my iPhone(s) to be used with ANY carrier [tried with Rogers (Canada), Fido (Canada), Orange (France) and Vodaphone (Greece)]

    Quote Originally Posted by ct9amr9 View Post
    OK, I fallowed all the steps and now ultrasn0w does not work. I am getting no service(search...). I tryed to put in my number to save will not let me.

    Also have repeated and checked steps many times. To assure user error was not the case.

    Settings: downgraded to 3.0_7 from 3.1 on 3G

    Hi ct9amr9, UltraSn0w was not used in my steps or needed to unlock the phone when we used it. Please make sure if you are attempting to do what we did, that you follow the steps correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by TraderGuy67 View Post
    My 3G 8GB was on 3.0.1 on bb 4.26 but 2 days ago I lost my carrier signal after some unsuccessfuly jailbreak attempts. I had to have my phone on so I went ahead and restored using iTunes 9.0 and it restored me to, yep, you guessed it, OS 3.1 with baseband 5.11.07.

    I have been looking around frantically to find a way to jailbreak my phone; I used my Mom's mac and followed the QuickPwn 3.1 jailbreak instructions but it did not work; i got a 1620 error

    I following your steps EXACTLY but I am never able to get out of recovery mode, and when I attempt to use Redsn0w without properly powering down my iPhone, the jailbreak process hangs up at "Installing Activation Bundles."

    You made reference in your post to this possibility saying, "if it freezes during "installing activation bundles", then it's speculated that you may have somehow updated the modem firmware or baseband to 3.1's 5.11.07 (unlockable atm)"

    I'm not sure what you mean by this...if I have 3.1 AND 5.11.07 does that mean my phone can no longer be JAILBROKEN or does it simply mean it cannot be UNLOCKED? I plan to stay on an AT&T plan, so all I'm looking to do is Jailbreak.

    I'm using Windows XP but have access to an iMAC if necessary. Many thanks!

    CB

    Hi TraderGuy67. The steps I wrote actually allows to do BOTH > UNLOCK AND JAILBREAK. Even though most of the phone I have done were natively from Rogers (Canadian carrier), some of the interest from my group was to be able to swap between the 2 SIM Card carriers in Canada (Fido & Rogers). Futhermore, this allows for some of us that travel quite a bit to use ANY SIM card on any network with our iPhones.
    If you sue these steps, your phone will STILL work with AT&T (from some of the feedback I've gotten from my buddies in the U.S.).
    I do not know step by step what the BEST way to jailbreak only without unlocking, but if you have the time, I"m sure you could modify the steps to your fit your needs.
    Last edited by chrischarles2002; 2009-10-05 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Probably have carrier trouble cuz 3.0 not meant for 5.11, also why ultrasnow doznt werk.

  9. #29
    This DOES NOT unlock your phone. According to this old post (June 2008) World Gets iPhone and Multiple Carriers per Country, Canada Stops Whining - Apple - Gizmodo rogers & fido are both official carriers in Canada. That would be why the phones work on either fido or rogers after the downgrade. same exact reason why my phone works with AT&T after a downgrade. because it is the official carrier, and baseband updates don't matter with official carriers.


    Thanks for trying though.


    Quote Originally Posted by chrischarles2002 View Post
    I do not know step by step what the BEST way to jailbreak only without unlocking,
    *GIGGLE* this IS the best way to downgrade & jailbreak without unlocking, as that is EXACTLY what is happening.
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-10-06 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #30
    I can't believe it actually worked for me on Vista and iTunes 9. Way to go. Good post.

  11. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Im looking for some help with jb 3gs, im stuck here in recovery mde, but when i hit shift restore then point to my 3.0 firmware itunes says its not compatible.?????? Any1 help, i have ecid on cydia and added the host. I don't know what to do? Im wanting to downgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.0 on my 3gs.

    Also Im already jailbroke as Im trying to accomplish this downgrading thing.
    Last edited by iDancer; 2009-10-15 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #32
    how can i get to the host file. can anyone help me please

  13. #33
    i downgrade it but when i try to download apps from itunes it tells me that there are some errors and it couldnt be download it. do u know how i can fix that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •