Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3.0.1 now to save ECID or wait for 3.1 jailbreak

Default JB 3.0.1 now to save ECID or wait for 3.1 jailbreak
    What would you recommend?

Jailbreak a 3.0.1 iPhone asap to send the 3.1 ECID to saurik's server via Cydia before Apple comes up with a 3.1.1 firmware and drops signing the 3.1 over night again?

Or wait until the 3.1 jailbreak is available to prevent being stuck with a 3.1 iPhone, in case something goes wrong during the jailbreak and the firmware has to be restored (with means a forced update to 3.1).

Tough call man, Im in the same boat. I'll get my 3gs in a couple of days but I need the unlock so Im gonna have to JB it

Guys, jailbreaking 3.0.1 went smoothly on my 3Gs factory unlocked phone. I installed some apps from Cydia and still haven't found one that will get my phone stuck and force me to restore to 3.1.

So, IMHO, it's a no brainer. It should be safe for you to go ahead and JB your phone.

The problem I'm having though is that the link "make my life easier" that everyone talks about, and you are planning to use after JB (just like I did), is nowhere to be seen in Cydia.

Hello, I just purchased a 3GS, which came preloaded with 3.0.1, im just wondering firstly can't i downgrade to 3.0 and then "file" my phones signatures? Since I thought 3.1 is the firmware that cant be downgraded, especially with the bb being the same in 3.0 and 3.0.1.

Another thing, if I do JB my current 3.0.1, will i not be able to restore to stock 3.0 or 3.0.1?

Soz if this question is noob, ive jst upgraded from 3G and havent been reading up on the 3GS

At this point you can "file" your phone's signatures for 3.1 only. You should be able to do this without a need to upgrade to 3.1 or downgrade to 3.0. Just wait for Saurik to activate the link to do this in Cydia.

You won't be able to restore to 3.0 and 3.0.1 no matter whether you JB or not. You can only restore to 3.1 at this time.

Oh wow so Apple have really stepped it up with their security!
    Ok so basically the next move for me should be to JB and "file" using Cydia when it becomes available. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also this must mean that you must have internet connection to be able to restore! wow, they are mean!

Thanks for responding so quickly, much appreciated!
    MO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Will JB/Unlocking now with 3.0 or 3.0.1 prevent me from getting my IBSS in the future when 3.1 JB is release?