Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3.0.1 3GS - Are there any steps I need to take at this point?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default JB 3.0.1 3GS - Are there any steps I need to take at this point?!
    Ok, I've checked through this forum as much as I could but couldn't find a definitive/clear answer...

(Im on a JB 3.0.1 3GS)

So I know for sure that I did not store my ECID SHSH with Cydia. I currently have no need to restore/upgrade my firmware and hopefully it will remain that way until greenpois0n comes out (fingers crossed).

Are there any steps I need to take at this point, for instance, point my iTunes at Saurik's server in order to store my ECID within his system? I know that if I were to upgrade to 3.1 and try and return to 3.0 I would need to do this, but should I make the additions to my etc/host file now if there is no need to restore?

Would updating the host just keep me from having to do it in the future or is it pointless until I need to get my firmware signed (during a FW restore)?

I have also read that Saurik is planning to re-implement his ECID capture UI in Cydia (as tweeted yesterday) but I still haven't seen it. Does anyone have any idea how this would work at this point?

Hopefully someone out there can help clear this up, thanks for the help!!

-Max

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mstier09 For This Useful Post:

fogcitynative (2009-09-16)

I'm in the same boat as you and will be tagging along. Hopefully this post will bump the thread and help find an answer.

Marc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lampcov For This Useful Post:

fogcitynative (2009-09-16)

Same here.

I've got a factory unlocked 3Gs and it came preloaded with 3.0.1

Used redsn0w to JB 3.0.1 and no errors or whatsoever.

However, not sure if there is something I need to do at this point as far as the ECID & SHSH files are concerned. One thing is for sure, no iTunes firmware upgrade no matter what!

Anybody who can enlighten us on the issue?

Thanks

There's nothing you can do. Just wait for the 3.1 JB for 3GS.

You can point iTunes to Saurik if you want, but that won't accomplish anything *right now*. However, once we JB to 3.1, saurik will be able to get your files due to a new exploit in 3.1. So pointing itunes will help at that point, not now.

Quote Originally Posted by mstier09 View Post
    Ok, I've checked through this forum as much as I could but couldn't find a definitive/clear answer...

(Im on a JB 3.0.1 3GS)

So I know for sure that I did not store my ECID SHSH with Cydia. I currently have no need to restore/upgrade my firmware and hopefully it will remain that way until greenpois0n comes out (fingers crossed).

Are there any steps I need to take at this point, for instance, point my iTunes at Saurik's server in order to store my ECID within his system? I know that if I were to upgrade to 3.1 and try and return to 3.0 I would need to do this, but should I make the additions to my etc/host file now if there is no need to restore?

Would updating the host just keep me from having to do it in the future or is it pointless until I need to get my firmware signed (during a FW restore)?

I have also read that Saurik is planning to re-implement his ECID capture UI in Cydia (as tweeted yesterday) but I still haven't seen it. Does anyone have any idea how this would work at this point?

Hopefully someone out there can help clear this up, thanks for the help!!

-Max

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigcat For This Useful Post:

therebelmc (2009-09-17)

Thanks bigcat.

I guess we'll just have to be patient for the time being.....

Cheers to devTeam and Saurik!

Default thanks
    Tanks Bigcat

I have been confused for a while now as to what to do next.

You post has anwered my question.

Rohit_baba