Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All the Rules for Downgrading your iPhone 3GS

Default Stuck in recovery mode, need to restore, but want to get ECID on
    edit - sorry, wrong thread!

Is there anything that is lost by not upgrading the baseband? What are the benefits of an upgraded baseband? Isn't there any functionality there? Or any features required by the new firmware?

In other words, when the dev team recommends not to upgrade baseband but the rest of the software... have they validated that the new baseband is not actually required? Is this actually possible? or is it more like try it and see what happens?

Just curious here.

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    More good news: Dev Team is creating custom 3.1 firmwares that will not change your baseband. So, as long as you use one of these when you restore and jailbreak you will still maintain your ability to unlock. Basically, you are golden since 3.1 is jailbreakable and, as long as you don't use the Apple 3.1 update, you will be able to keep your unlockability.

Before I say anything, thank you so much plegra97 for this thread.

Reading the replies here have answered most of my questions, however i still need to ask a few questions to make sure i completely understand.

I had an iphone 3g, on saturday the 12th sept, i went and bought two new iphone 3gs. they are both running 3.0.1, i havent updated them yet (thank God), however i do not have my ECID "on file" with cydia. So i understand that i can never restore my phones back to 3.0 or 3.0.1. But they are still jailbreakable using redsnow 0.8. I can then unlock them using ultrasn0w (I do need the unlock).

So my question is:

1. should i go ahead and jailbreak them now and get my ECID on file for 3.1 through cydia when it becomes available or should i just wait. i just want to find out what the best case scenario would be.

2. If I jailbreak them and unlock them now, will I be able to hold on to my unlock when the 3.1 jailbreak is released. If so, is there anything special that i need to do to keep my unlock. If yes then how?

3. If and when the 3.1 jailbreak is released, how should i update my software to 3.1? Should I use itunes update after changing the host settings and directing them towards Saurik's server, or do i have to use something else.

I am extremely sorry if i sound like a broken record.

Any Help is EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If I was in your position, and I was able to hold out, i'd wait until dev team release PwnageTool for 3GS. That will allow you make a custom 3.1 firmware, keeping your baseband at the version which has been cracked. You can then jailbreak, and use Cydia to store your ECID for future downgrading / jailbreaking.

You could also jailbreak now, and store the file once Saurik has the option ready again. You do run the risk of needing a restore, which you would be unable to do at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jumper14 View Post
    Before I say anything, thank you so much plegra97 for this thread.

Reading the replies here have answered most of my questions, however i still need to ask a few questions to make sure i completely understand.

I had an iphone 3g, on saturday the 12th sept, i went and bought two new iphone 3gs. they are both running 3.0.1, i havent updated them yet (thank God), however i do not have my ECID "on file" with cydia. So i understand that i can never restore my phones back to 3.0 or 3.0.1. But they are still jailbreakable using redsnow 0.8. I can then unlock them using ultrasn0w (I do need the unlock).

So my question is:

1. should i go ahead and jailbreak them now and get my ECID on file for 3.1 through cydia when it becomes available or should i just wait. i just want to find out what the best case scenario would be.

2. If I jailbreak them and unlock them now, will I be able to hold on to my unlock when the 3.1 jailbreak is released. If so, is there anything special that i need to do to keep my unlock. If yes then how?

3. If and when the 3.1 jailbreak is released, how should i update my software to 3.1? Should I use itunes update after changing the host settings and directing them towards Saurik's server, or do i have to use something else.

I am extremely sorry if i sound like a broken record.

Any Help is EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey Jumper14... this is what I would do.

Seeing as the phones aren't useful to you unless you jailbreak and ultrasn0w them now, I'd go ahead and try that (I've never had any problems requiring a restore but ya never know). If you do have problems and need to restore, know that you'll only be able to restore to 3.1 ... ever. And if you restore to Apple's 3.1, you'll loose your ability to unlock the phones (possibly forever).

That said, go ahead and jailbreak and as the previous responder said, wait until the dev team releases the pwnage tool so you can create a custom firmware that does not include the baseband update. Once you have a custom firmware, point your hosts file to saurik's server and do your "Option + Restore" (shift + restore on a PC) and pick the custom firmware. By pointing your hosts file to saurik's server and doing your restore he will capture the response from Apple and store it so you are then "on file". At that point you'll be running 3.1FW with the 3.0 baseband and be on file, allowing you to downgrade to your custom 3.1 FW forever.

FWIW, the pwnage tool has, to date, only been released for Mac, so hopefully you have one or have access to one (or someone is trustworthy and nice enough to put on on rapidshare or the like). Also a custom firmware will already be jailbroken with Cydia installed so installing it (the custom/pwned 3.1 FW) is all you need to do.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by sirsycho; 2009-09-17 at 03:37 PM.

I think you maybe missed one other condition (in a lack of other words to use):

Those of us who bought an iPhone 3GS with OS 3.0.1 factory installed, AFTER Apple officially released OS 3.1.

What do we do? How can we JB our device? Anyone can point me in the right direction?

If I understood Saurik correctly, we can't JB our phone 'cause we can't get the 3.0.1 FW signed anymore, and therefor have to wait until there is a solution for 3.1 too (and also avoid upgrading until then). Am I correct, or have I misunderstood something?

Regards
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
    Is there anything that is lost by not upgrading the baseband? What are the benefits of an upgraded baseband? Isn't there any functionality there? Or any features required by the new firmware?

In other words, when the dev team recommends not to upgrade baseband but the rest of the software... have they validated that the new baseband is not actually required? Is this actually possible? or is it more like try it and see what happens?

Just curious here.
    IF your phone is factory unlocked, or you abtained an unlock code from you mobileoperator, then baseband warnings doesn't apply to you. You will always be able to use any operator, no matter what baseband you have. It only applies to persons that doesn't have unlocked phones.
    Last edited by exire; 2009-09-17 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. You upgraded your phone using Apple's official 3.1 release **SHAME ON YOU!!** and did not get your ECID hashed with Cydia
    OK, here is where it gets tricky. First of all, you will never be able to get back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 again. Second, as of right now you have permanently lost your ability to unlock your phone. So, if you were using your 3GS on T-Mobile and upgraded to 3.1 via Apple's official release you are basically screwed. Your baseband has been changed and it can no longer be unlocked. It is possible that Dev Team or someone else finds a way to fix this problem but nothing has been found as of yet. Also, currently you can not jailbreak your phone either. But, there is a RedSnow program coming out soon that will allow you to jailbreak your 3GS running 3.1 You should still "hash" your ECID with Cydia because you want to make sure you will be able to downgrade to 3.1 in the future in the event that Apple releases a new firmware that is not jailbreakable. You can do this in 2 ways:
    1. Wait for the 3GS jailbreak for 3.1 to come out and then do it through Cydia
    2. Alter the host file as described by Saurik and use his method to restore your phone to 3.1. Doing this will store your ECID with Cydia for future use.
    This is me. I decided I wanted to jailbreak my iphone today and started researching out to do it... only to find out I shouldn't have upgraded to 3.1...

Since I haven't hashed my ECID with Cydia, what exactly dose altering the host file with Saurik do.. or rather I should ask, how is it different from hashing my ECID with Cydia (if I had done it when I could).

Since I have no choice but to wait for the 3.1 JB to come out, should I be doing anything (like alter the host file like Saurik said)?

Quote Originally Posted by exire View Post
    I think you maybe missed one other condition (in a lack of other words to use):

Those of us who bought an iPhone 3GS with OS 3.0.1 factory installed, AFTER Apple officially released OS 3.1.

What do we do? How can we JB our device? Anyone can point me in the right direction?

If I understood Saurik correctly, we can't JB our phone 'cause we can't get the 3.0.1 FW signed anymore, and therefor have to wait until there is a solution for 3.1 too (and also avoid upgrading until then). Am I correct, or have I misunderstood something?

Regards
    Chris
    you don't need to restore to jailbreak if you are already on 3.0 (or 3.0.1). If you screw something up you may be forced to restore which will ruin your chances for an unlock and force you to wait for the dev team's pwnage tool. You can just jailbreak 3.0.1 with redsn0w .80 but make sure you point it to the 3.0 ipsw.

Okey, so I just download redsn0w and then point it to the 3.0 ipsw. Why not the 3.0.1 ipsw as thats what I already have on my phone?

Default New to iPhone
    Glad I could help. Too bad you got stuck upgrading to 3.1, hopefully you never want to unlock your phone in the future.

First off, when you are attempting to restore using Saurik's method are you using the ipsw for 3.0? You can't use the one for 3.0.1 because it is causing problems with Saurik's method since he didn't get the signatures for 3.0.1 for almost anyone. Here is a link for the correct firmware you want:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    (Look under step 1 and click on the link. The download should start right away)

If you follow the rest of Saurik's instructions you should be fine. If you get error 3002 that means that your ECID was not stored on Cydia. Saurik wrote on here yesterday that there were a few hundred people who got the message that their ECID was stored but then he realized later that they were not.

Hope it works out for you!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hi plegra97 and thanks for all you effort to make our life easier.

I get to my point. First thing I would like to highlit that I am new to iPhone, and it shows because;
    I've bought the 3g S 16gb and tried to jailbreak the phone with makeitra1n.Somehow my iphone frooze and had no other way out but to update to 3.1 (wasn't familiar with another way at the time,not even now).

My iphone is factory unlcoked since my friend bought it from Vodafone and sold it to me sealed.

Is there any way that I can downgrade back to 3.0 or 3.0.1?

I never had time nor even was familiar with Sauriks method.
    As explained my history with my iphone was:
    1.trying to jailbreak it.
    2.Failed doing so and upgraded to 3.1.

Any hope I can jailbreak it?

Thanks again and I apologise if I was to complicated expressing my issue but since I am suffering from 7 type of headaches reading all reviews you seem the perfect person to simplify my problem and maybe can downgrade again my iphone.

Regards,
    Vilic
    Last edited by vilic; 2009-09-17 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exire View Post
    Okey, so I just download redsn0w and then point it to the 3.0 ipsw. Why not the 3.0.1 ipsw as thats what I already have on my phone?
    there isn't a seperate build for 3.0.1 of redsn0w. Check the iphone-dev team's site for instructions.

The JB just requires the 3.0 FW, you will still be running 3.0.1 and be jailbroken.

Dev-Team Blog

My iphone is factory unlcoked since my friend bought it from Vodafone and sold it to me sealed.
    vilic, how did your friend buy a factory unlocked iphone 3gs, please let me know...i need to get one too...

Thanks in advance...

Hi everyone, its my first iphone... 3GS.

I have jailbreaked & unlocked 3GS 3.0.1 need to be restored - i have only apple logo on booting. It happened while i had maked software reset via settings of iphone.

I know my ECID (using USBview) but i dont have iBEC and iBSS.

Should i wait for pwngtool 3.1 for preparing custom firmware (with old baseband from 3.0/3.0.1)?

Or we have now a solution to make restore for 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 to 3.0/3.0.1 firmware + baseband?

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Thanks Plegra97.

I have a question similar to Xiga above but something I have been struggling to understand is the restore bit. This is my first iPhone and I am new to this JB stuff.

My scenario is this: I have a factory unlocked 3GS on firmware 3.0.1 which has never been jailbroken. I have been using it for 6 weeks.

Now I want to JB. Can I just run redsn0w without restoring? Why would I need to restore?

FYI, I have already modified the Host file to point to Saurik's Server.

Having checked all the sites, none has a clearer route to JB an unlocked 3GS on 3.0.1

Yours or anyone's advice pls
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a crazy couple of days. Anyway, the only reason they say to do a restore is so that you don't have any wasted space on the phone. I've jailbroken phones many times and usually I don't do the restore. You'll probably want to keep your phone on 3.0.1 since the jailbreak through redsnow is not available for 3.1 yet. Make sure you use the ipsw for 3.0 when you do it though. You're in good shape because you have a factory unlocked phone so you'll never have to worry about baseband issues.

Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by nadirmg View Post
    This is me. I decided I wanted to jailbreak my iphone today and started researching out to do it... only to find out I shouldn't have upgraded to 3.1...

Since I haven't hashed my ECID with Cydia, what exactly dose altering the host file with Saurik do.. or rather I should ask, how is it different from hashing my ECID with Cydia (if I had done it when I could).

Since I have no choice but to wait for the 3.1 JB to come out, should I be doing anything (like alter the host file like Saurik said)?

You should definitely alter the host file at some point. First of all, since you are already running 3.1 you basically have nothing else to lose. You can alter the host file and then run the restore the way Saurik explains and that will actually hash your ECID with Cydia. Originally, the way you hashed you ECID was actually doing it through Cydia but that method is currently not available. So, for people already on 3.1, all they need to do is the restore using Saurik's method and your ECID will be hashed. That way you'll always be able to get back to 3.1 if need be. After that just sit back and wait for RedSnow for 3.1 to come out.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by vilic View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hi plegra97 and thanks for all you effort to make our life easier.

I get to my point. First thing I would like to highlit that I am new to iPhone, and it shows because;
    I've bought the 3g S 16gb and tried to jailbreak the phone with makeitra1n.Somehow my iphone frooze and had no other way out but to update to 3.1 (wasn't familiar with another way at the time,not even now).

Is there any way that I can downgrade back to 3.0 or 3.0.1?

I never had time nor even was familiar with Sauriks method.
    As explained my history with my iphone was:
    1.trying to jailbreak it.
    2.Failed doing so and upgraded to 3.1.

Any hope I can jailbreak it?

Thanks again and I apologise if I was to complicated expressing my issue but since I am suffering from 7 type of headaches reading all reviews you seem the perfect person to simplify my problem and maybe can downgrade again my iphone.

Regards,
    Vilic
    Hey Vilic, welcome to the wonderful world of iPhone. If it wasn't for Apple the phone would be perfect

Anyway, having to upgrade your phone to 3.1 is no big deal since your phone is factory unlocked. The only problem is you'll have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak to come out through RedSnow (probably a few days away at most). Sit tight, shouldn't be too long.

Quote Originally Posted by kackitus View Post
    Hi everyone, its my first iphone... 3GS.

I have jailbreaked & unlocked 3GS 3.0.1 need to be restored - i have only apple logo on booting. It happened while i had maked software reset via settings of iphone.

I know my ECID (using USBview) but i dont have iBEC and iBSS.

Should i wait for pwngtool 3.1 for preparing custom firmware (with old baseband from 3.0/3.0.1)?

Or we have now a solution to make restore for 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 to 3.0/3.0.1 firmware + baseband?

Thanks everyone.
    Kackitus,

Not sure that having your ECID will help you... you need to have your ECID stored with Saurik for it to work. I don't know if that is something you could send him to add to the database. If you need your phone to be unlocked you're gonna have to wait until the new Jailbreak for 3.1 comes out and use one of the custom firmwares that will not alter your baseband. Unfortunately, if your phone is stuck in reboot then you have 2 choices; let your iPhone be a brick until the jailbreak comes out or upgrade to 3.1 now and probably lose the ability to unlock forever.
    Last edited by plegra97; 2009-09-18 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a crazy couple of days. Anyway, the only reason they say to do a restore is so that you don't have any wasted space on the phone. I've jailbroken phones many times and usually I don't do the restore. You'll probably want to keep your phone on 3.0.1 since the jailbreak through redsnow is not available for 3.1 yet. Make sure you use the ipsw for 3.0 when you do it though. You're in good shape because you have a factory unlocked phone so you'll never have to worry about baseband issues.

Hope this helped.

You should definitely alter the host file at some point. First of all, since you are already running 3.1 you basically have nothing else to lose. You can alter the host file and then run the restore the way Saurik explains and that will actually hash your ECID with Cydia. Originally, the way you hashed you ECID was actually doing it through Cydia but that method is currently not available. So, for people already on 3.1, all they need to do is the restore using Saurik's method and your ECID will be hashed. That way you'll always be able to get back to 3.1 if need be. After that just sit back and wait for RedSnow for 3.1 to come out.

Hope it helps.

Hey Vilic, welcome to the wonderful world of iPhone. If it wasn't for Apple the phone would be perfect

Anyway, having to upgrade your phone to 3.1 is no big deal since your phone is factory unlocked. The only problem is you'll have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak to come out through RedSnow (probably a few days away at most). Sit tight, shouldn't be too long.

Kackitus,

Not sure that having your ECID will help you... you need to have your ECID stored with Saurik for it to work. I don't know if that is something you could send him to add to the database. If you need your phone to be unlocked you're gonna have to wait until the new Jailbreak for 3.1 comes out and use one of the custom firmwares that will not alter your baseband. Unfortunately, if your phone is stuck in reboot then you have 2 choices; let your iPhone be a brick until the jailbreak comes out or upgrade to 3.1 now and probably lose the ability to unlock forever.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Thanks again Plegra97,

You just spared me the 8th sort of headache

Regards,
    Vilic

Quote Originally Posted by jumper14 View Post
    vilic, how did your friend buy a factory unlocked iphone 3gs, please let me know...i need to get one too...

Thanks in advance...
    Hi Jumper,

My friend made a prepaid contract with Vodafone since he's got a big company but wasn't interested in keeping the iPhone, so I've asked him to evaluate his iPhone and sell it to me for about 1200dollars (I hope it was a bargain)

Regards,
    Vilic
    Last edited by vilic; 2009-09-18 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi ,
    i have iphone 3GS versin 3.0 iwant to change to 3.0.1 how to do?

hak

Hi,
    Your message have opened up my eyes sort of clearly but i just want to ask 4 simple questions:
    1. If i have a 3GS iphone and I upgraded it with the new apple 3.1 firmware can I use it with say digicel in the carribean ever again?
    2. If i waited for the jailbreak from the Dev Team will i be able to stick any sim in it and call?
    3. If I can't use AT&T, T-Mobile or a USA company sim does that makes my 3GS an expensive iPod?
    4. Confirm that upgrading 3GS to 3.1 means that i can only use AT&T.

Quote: A stupid question is the one that you fail to ask

Greetings fellow Iphone Gods! Kinda new in the iphone scene and my country is relatively new to the Iphone scene too. Only about a year or so they brought in the 3g.

So i just upgraded my plan and they only had the new 16gb 3g[S]. I've been contemplating to jailbreak it, since i owned an ipod touch 1st gen and been jailbreaking and restoring like no one's business. Its as easy as just shift and click and voila its restored.

I've read saurik's on file hash thingamagiggy, sorry quite noob at this kinda things, but im still unaware on how to hash or store it on the server.

My situation is that im on a 3.0 ipsw, Factory unlocked, haven't jailbroken. Itunes have been bugging me to always upgrade to 3.1 but i always refused to do so thinking that the new softwares dont have the ability to be jailbroken. I already have updated my HOST file.

So what do i do next??

threadstarter or anyone who could help, would be sincerely apprietiated.

glad tidings from Sunny/Rainy Singapore,

MAQ.

OK, obviously this whole nonsense about downgrading your iPhone 3GS firmware is causing a ton of confusion. So, I am going to lay out all of the different scenarios and situations people could be in at the moment and what your options are. I am not an expert but I have read everything that the Dev Team and Saurik have written about this subject in the last few days and feel I have a firm grip on it. Here goes....

First off, these are must reads for anyone with any interest whatsoever in jailbreaking now or in the future:

Dev-Team Blog

This is where the Dev Team discusses the newly released Pwnage tool for 3.1 for Mac. This will only work on old iPhones (2G, 3G) but not the 3GS. A Redsnow program for Mac and Windows will be available soon. ** Read it very carefully because doing it incorrectly may cause you to lose your Unlock permanently if you haven't already!!!**

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

This is Saurik's explanation on how to "hash" or store your phone's ECID and the importance of doing so. It also describes the process that Apple uses when you upgrade your phone using their official firmware releases (WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO). Basically, Apple has made it so that you can never go backwards with your firmware. Once you are on 3.1, Apple will not let you go backwards to 3.0.1 or 3.0 Saurik has come up with a way to circumvent Apple's process which will allow you to revert back to an older firmware version that is jailbreakable and/or unlockable. YOU MUST DO THIS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO EITHER 3.0 or 3.1!!!

OK, here are a few different scenarios that should cover almost everyone:

1. You are running a jailbroken 3GS on 3.0 or 3.0.1 and DID "hash" your ECID with Cydia
    This is a best case scenario. This means that you will always be able to get back to 3.0 Still, you should never upgrade using an Apple official firmware release because 3.1 not only changes your firmware but also changes your baseband which means that you will lose your ability to unlock, possibly forever (as of now there is no exploit that either allows the new baseband to be unlocked or allows you to revert back to an older unlockable baseband). You must still complete the process of changing your host file as described in Saurik's post listed above.

2. You are running a jailbroken 3GS on either 3.0 or 3.0.1 and DID NOT "hash" your ECID with Cydia
    If you have a jailbroken 3GS using either 3.0 or 3.0.1 but did not get your ECID "hashed" with Cydia in time then you are still in good shape. Again, DO NOT UPGRADE TO APPLE'S OFFICIAL 3.1 FIRMWARE VIA ITUNES!!!! The bad news is that you will not be able to get back to 3.0 EVER. The good news is that you will always be able to downgrade to 3.1 which is a jailbreakable firmware. You will only be able to do this if you "hash" your ECID with Cydia in the future (Saurik said that this would be available last night but as of yet there is nothing). I know I am repeating myself but you must also use Saurik's method of altering the host file so that you can circumvent Apple. Follow Saurik on Twitter as I am sure he will let us know when we will be able to "hash" our ECID's for 3.1. More good news: Dev Team is creating custom 3.1 firmwares that will not change your baseband. So, as long as you use one of these when you restore and jailbreak you will still maintain your ability to unlock. Basically, you are golden since 3.1 is jailbreakable and, as long as you don't use the Apple 3.1 update, you will be able to keep your unlockability.

There is a little confusion here that I want to make more clear. If you have a jailbroken 3GS on 3.0 or 3.0.1 then you can still use Cydia to hash your ECID for 3.1 even though you aren't running 3.1 Again, pay attention to Saurik's Twitter to find out when this will be possible.

3. You upgraded your phone using Apple's official 3.1 release **SHAME ON YOU!!** and did not get your ECID hashed with Cydia
    OK, here is where it gets tricky. First of all, you will never be able to get back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 again. Second, as of right now you have permanently lost your ability to unlock your phone. So, if you were using your 3GS on T-Mobile and upgraded to 3.1 via Apple's official release you are basically screwed. Your baseband has been changed and it can no longer be unlocked. It is possible that Dev Team or someone else finds a way to fix this problem but nothing has been found as of yet. Also, currently you can not jailbreak your phone either. But, there is a RedSnow program coming out soon that will allow you to jailbreak your 3GS running 3.1 You should still "hash" your ECID with Cydia because you want to make sure you will be able to downgrade to 3.1 in the future in the event that Apple releases a new firmware that is not jailbreakable. You can do this in 2 ways:
    1. Wait for the 3GS jailbreak for 3.1 to come out and then do it through Cydia
    2. Alter the host file as described by Saurik and use his method to restore your phone to 3.1. Doing this will store your ECID with Cydia for future use.

4. You upgraded to Apple's official 3.1 but you hashed your ECID with Cydia prior to doing so
    This is a little better than scenario 3. You have also lost your ability to unlock your phone. But, by hashing your ECID with Cydia prior to upgrading you are able to use Saurik's Method (read the above article) to downgrade your phone back to 3.0 Doing this will downgrade your firmware to 3.0 allowing you to use the last version of RedSnow to jailbreak your phone again. However, it will not change your baseband back to the previous unlockable one so you are still screwed if you want to use the phone on another carrier.

**NOTE** If you did hash your ECID with Cydia prior to upgrading to 3.1 then you must go back to 3.0, not 3.0.1 For some reason there have been problems for people when they try to restore to 3.0.1 using Saurik's method.

OK, hope this helped you guys. I would say that 95% of us fit into one of these categories. If you have any more questions just leave them here on this post and I will answer them as quickly and as best as I can.

Also, please comment if this helped you out.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your explaination but i'm going to give another situation. With the usbview i got my ecid when my iphone was on 3.0.1 i tried to jailbreak but i couldn't (i'm a begginer in all this) the only thing i could is copy the ecid and the rest of the information in a notepad (.txt). Trying to jailbreak it, my iphone got with a usb-itunes picture on the screen. The only thing i could do was to upgrade via itunes to 3.1 version.

With all this mess .. How can i "save" my ecid on Saurik's server? Is that possible? By the moment i only want to jailbreak i don't want to unlock it. As i read i could do it when devteam developes a new tools for 3.1 jailbreak ?

Thank you for your support.

Hi Jumper,

My friend made a prepaid contract with Vodafone since he's got a big company but wasn't interested in keeping the iPhone, so I've asked him to evaluate his iPhone and sell it to me for about 1200dollars (I hope it was a bargain)

Regards,
    Vilic
    Thanks for the info Vilic,

Now the only thing i want to know is which country was your friend in, when he bought the iphone from vodafone? since vodafone offers services in many country...

I would love to get a factory unlocked iphone 3gs.

Sorry if i m starting to get on your nerves Vilic, i really don't mean to.

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast