Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i know if my ECID SHSH file is stored with saurik or not?

Default how do i know if my ECID SHSH file is stored with saurik or not?
    I am currently on 3.01 firmware jailbreak..and i read about the ECID SHSH.. i hav no idea wt it is.. but i was wondering how i wud know if my ECID SHSH files have been stored on sauriks server.. is there any way to check?? thanks

Banned
    Thanks

I have to same question: (Im replying so I can subscribe to this tread, thnx)

Open cydia and on the top of the hompage it will say this iphone has an ecid on file. You would have had to tell cydia to do this before apple stopped signing the FW.

you can just ask your brain did you tell cydia to store the ECID? if so, it has on 3.0 or 3.0.1, when you had a message on top of cydia telling you that you have stored an ECID file (a little grey message) you're good to go.

Thanks

Part of the MSG wiil be at the top, and the other have of the MSG will be at the bottom on the home page of Cydia!

Banned
    Thanks

I dont have any info that my ECID is backed up, please see the screen shots below.

thnx.

Last edited by jOnGarrett; 2009-09-15 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks

thats what its supposed to say

8. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

iMac007 (2009-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Part of the MSG wiil be at the top, and the other have of the MSG will be at the bottom on the home page of Cydia!
    Mine does not show it either, maybe a reboot of the iphone does the trick?Im using OSX and the file has been modified correctly. Would really like some help on this. I am currently running 3.0 Firmware.
    Regards

Default It has been said...
    Saurik has said in numerous places that some people were told falsely that their ECID SHSH was on file because of a problem with his system. This has made some individuals confused and left them wondering if the message stating they they do have one on file is believable.

I suspect that Saurik would have fixed the problem and then set Cydia up to "check again" to see if one was on file, but I haven't heard anything along those lines.

I too would like to know if there is a second method to verify that my ECID SHSH is on file, or just a verification that the message saying it is would have updated if that turned out to not be true.

Cheers,
    Justin

1. If you are running 3.0/3.0.1 and don't see that your ECID has been hashed and is on file in Cydia, it never will be.

2. You will be able to store the 3.1 version sometime in the near future (Saurik has said by this evening). (Yes, even running 3.0/3.0.1 you will be able to do this so check Cydia later)

3. The /etc/hosts entry is only required when you are ready to downgrade/restore and will not be useful to 3.0/3.0.1 owners that do not have their hashed ECID on file.

Quote Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
    1. If you are running 3.0/3.0.1 and don't see that your ECID has been hashed and is on file in Cydia, it never will be.

2. You will be able to store the 3.1 version sometime in the near future (Saurik has said by this evening). (Yes, even running 3.0/3.0.1 you will be able to do this so check Cydia later)

3. The /etc/hosts entry is only required when you are ready to downgrade/restore and will not be useful to 3.0/3.0.1 owners that do not have their hashed ECID on file.
    So basically ,if it itsnt hashed on 3.0 then you will have to wait to update to the 3.1 firmware to have it fully stored?
    Your opening statement and #2 contradict each other, so which is it?
    1.You can never have your ECID stored on the server if running 3.0/3.01
    OR
    2. Even running 3.0 that users will be able to eventually have their ECID stored on the server?
    Last edited by iMac007; 2009-09-15 at 08:16 PM.

iM CURIOUS IDF THE LAST TIME I RESTORED WAS A WHILE BACK. SHOULDNT MY ECID BE SIGNED STILL? IM CONFUSED AS TO WHAT THE DEADLINE REALLY MEANT

Quote Originally Posted by iMac007 View Post
    So basically ,if it itsnt hashed on 3.0 then you will have to wait to update to the 3.1 firmware to have it fully stored?
    Your opening statement and #2 contradict each other, so which is it?
    1.You can never have your ECID stored on the server if running 3.0/3.01
    OR
    2. Even running 3.0 that users will be able to eventually have their ECID stored on the server?
    Both

You will never have your ECID hashed with 3.0/3.01 keys on the server if they aren't there now.
    AND
    You can hash your ECID with 3.1 keys when Saurik provides that service, even if you are still running 3.0/3.01 firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
    You can hash your ECID with 3.1 keys when Saurik provides that service, even if you are still running 3.0/3.01 firmware.
    This is REALLY cool. I can stay on my i3Gs jailbroken but still have the 3.1 ECID on file.

Great work Saurik, much props bro, much!!! I'll donate when I get home.

3.1 jailbreak will come out eventually, just a cat and mouse chase.

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Hi all ,
    Up until this morning I had my ecid on file with cydia . Just opened cydia this morning and it's gone? Does this mean mine was one of the falsely grabbed ecid's?

If you take a look at my topic:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...b-grabber.html

I'll be adding functionality to the umbrella app to check saurik's site for the blobs so they can be stored locally.

I love the green for re assurance unfortunately poster above i would assume just dont mess with ur phone wait for custom 3.1 if u r jb.

What in the world are you talking about...

First of all, the tool I wrote has nothing to do with you updating to 3.1.

Secondly you can use the tool I wrote to obtain your blobs with your phone safely disconnected; no chance of update.

So... um. what?

minig has a slight problem with spelling (and expressing coherent thoughts).

I was replying to bassazz what ever his name is and at the moment my coherent thought is to stick my foot in your face i try and help some one and you throw it back in my face clown may have bit ego problem there guess that comes with age.

8 post lol def clown

Once you tell cydia to grab your 3.1 blobs when running on 3.0 or even 3.01 then you can restore to custom 3.1 via mr freemans server im sure thas how they are gona do it

Ie if we wish to update and for idiots who did update to official3.1 just new redsnow to jb

But no unlock as there bb updated.

I may be wrong

Did not mean hijackpost but neat idea x guy
    Last edited by minig; 2009-09-18 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast