Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to run iRecovery in Vista 32.

Default How to run iRecovery in Vista 32.
    ok download iRecovery from HERE

unzip the folder to your desktop
    find the libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1.exe file, right click it and under compatibility mode set it to windows xp service pack 2 click apply. now right click on the file and run it as administrator it will install properly.

To confirm it installed proper allow it to launce the test program, if it worked you should have a lot of text filling in the area.

once it is confirmed u installed the libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1.exe fine, go to your start menu and under search type cmd.exe. launch the app

now change your directory to
    c:/user/XXyour user XX/desktop/irecovery/irecovery_svn
    now laucnch iRecovery

type iRecovery -s

you will now have a prompt type in the following commands

setenv auto-boot true

saveenv

/exit

now hold your lock and home buttons for 10 seconds, your phone will reboot and itunes will connect to it and prompt you with a carrier update ( i dont know about ATT or Fido but it does for Rogers (in canada)) once you update if needed your phone will be activated an rolled back to firmware 3.0.

now just run redsn0w and you will once again be jailbroken.

if you need any clarification feel free to ask and i will do my best.
    Last edited by cdnGhost; 2009-09-15 at 02:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdnGhost For This Useful Post:

donrosco (2009-09-16)

when I prompt iRecovery -s
    it will appear with usb found but iphone not found....
    I been searching online for a while but still couldn't find the answer ><

Be sure to have LibUSB installed ;P

Cheers,

THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!!

I had install libUSB and when running the test program it will show up as:
    DLL version: 0.1.12.2
    Driver version: -1.-1.-1.-1

bus/device idVendor/idProduct

iPhone is in recovery mode?

yeah my iphone is at recovery mode... full black and detected by itune as recovery mode, but still could not detected thru usb ><

Quote Originally Posted by aSra View Post
    yeah my iphone is at recovery mode... full black and detected by itune as recovery mode, but still could not detected thru usb ><
    It can't be full black. Turn it on. It has to have the iTunes USB cable picture on the screen in order for iRecovery to pick it up.

thanks for help
    but i actually fix it thru Quickpwn... gave up with iRecovery ><

irecovery or redsn0w aren't working for me.

The irecovery has no effect on the iphone 3g.

and the redsn0w gets stuck at "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." screen on the iphone.

How did you fix it through quickpwn?

Quote Originally Posted by aSra View Post
    I had install libUSB and when running the test program it will show up as:
    DLL version: 0.1.12.2
    Driver version: -1.-1.-1.-1

bus/device idVendor/idProduct
    Same for me to i mean i dont see any texts going across like others said. My itouch was already jailbroken and i heard you can reboot with this for it
    so here i am trying to get it to work
    any ACCURATE Decisions?

Which quickpwn did you use? I can't get my phone out of the Recovery Loop with Blackra1n. At the suggestion of another member, I'm trying to use iRecovery. But I followed everything until the part where it says to "change directories" in command prompt...excuse my noobness but I have no idea what that means. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S I have a 3GS running 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by slickb0i View Post
    Which quickpwn did you use? I can't get my phone out of the Recovery Loop with Blackra1n. At the suggestion of another member, I'm trying to use iRecovery. But I followed everything until the part where it says to "change directories" in command prompt...excuse my noobness but I have no idea what that means. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S I have a 3GS running 3.1.2
    Did you ever figure anything out? I'm not sure if you have seen the threads on the current issues on JB phones - if yours is still JB, DO NOT REBOOT it until you've read through the forums.

Where you able to access the phone at all? I need to get some stuff off of my phone.

Thanks!

Unfortunately Devon, I had to bite the bullet and restore my phone. So now I'm stuck with 3.1.3 and it also upgraded my MF to 5.12.01. So I'm **** out of luck till 4.0 comes out.

BUT, there has been some speculation that using Snowbreeze will get it out of the bootloop. Unfortunately, I discovered this after I restored (I know..me=fail). I tried to use snowbreeze but it didn't work at all since I was restored already. I was reading the forums recently, and supposedly something called Spirit came out which only jailbreaks 3.1.3 3Gs models. Which sucks because I will be going overseas and wanted to use my 3GS. But anywho, good luck.

i have a 3gs in recovery mode. can't get it past the apple logo. can i run this if i have SHSH? or does this not even help me? so confused.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doitchinkstyle View Post
    i have a 3gs in recovery mode. can't get it past the apple logo. can i run this if i have SHSH? or does this not even help me? so confused.
    M

My point is if you haven't restored to any stock fw, you are still jailbroken and you have the old bootrom, then go ahead and create a cfw and restored to it, then you will be all set.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cmd.exe
    where do you find cmd.exe? i am on windows vista.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johni View Post
    where do you find cmd.exe? i am on windows vista.
    type in the start in the search box type cmd then right click on it n run it as admin
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Red face Please senor!
    *Can you Explain this Step to Me

Can you use a Fake Name for the Your User part?
    and mine says

c:/users/mark>

When I Open the cmd.exe do I press enter and Retype what you put or just go off of what is there?

Ok what Im basically Asking is how to change your Directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Jobean View Post
    *Can you Explain this Step to Me

Can you use a Fake Name for the Your User part?
    and mine says

c:/users/mark>

When I Open the cmd.exe do I press enter and Retype what you put or just go off of what is there?

Ok what Im basically Asking is how to change your Directory?
    What i did after having problems getting the right file name was opened cmd.exe then typed cd desktop afterh that i drug the irecovery application onto my desktop and then typed in the cmd prompt irecovery -s and it worked. I have about 6 logic boards with error 28, i've pulled 2 out of it but the rest failed to respond well, they just stuck on apple logo after reboot. One that i had success on was under warranty so i didn't really want to fix it so i put it back into recovery mode and tried restoring and once again error 28. Point being is if you do luck up and get rid of this dreadful error it's most likely gonna come back and haunt you again. Thanks to the publisher of this, very helpful information. As for the guy asking where to find cmd.exe, you might wanna just forget it and sell the phone on ebay as is. I returned the 3gs that i recovered from error 28 yesterday and they got it today and are sending me a new one so people if theres a chance your phone might be under warranty still just send it back to apple unless it has damage. Mine had water damage in the earphone jack only but i hid that before sending it off.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Why all the hassle to key in command to use irecovery, use latest tiny Umbrella to kick out of recovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast