Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have 3GS 3.0.1, need to be restored... Any solution?

have you ever tried jailbreaking your 3gs with custom firmware 3.1?

If you upgrade with custom fw created with pwnage tool, your baseband will not change and you will still be able to unlock your phone.

Only risk is you can not turn back to 3.0.1 firmware if you did not save your 3.0.1 shsh on saurik server.

Hey,
    for everybody with a 3gs that is stuck on booting or
    is just not working right, you can just instal via itunes a 3.1 custom firmware and everything works fine. Unlock and jailbrake. But this only works
    if you were patient and didnt updated to 3.1.
    I just did this with 2 iphones. One was stuck in booting, the other showd just the recovery screen. I couldnt use the iphones for like 2 weeks
    but i didnt updated it via itunes. Hope you understand
    me. This should help everybody how have a "broken" 3gs with 3.0 or 3.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre9191 View Post
    Hey,
    for everybody with a 3gs that is stuck on booting or
    is just not working right, you can just instal via itunes a 3.1 custom firmware and everything works fine. Unlock and jailbrake. But this only works
    if you were patient and didnt updated to 3.1.
    I just did this with 2 iphones. One was stuck in booting, the other showd just the recovery screen. I couldnt use the iphones for like 2 weeks
    but i didnt updated it via itunes. Hope you understand
    me. This should help everybody how have a "broken" 3gs with 3.0 or 3.0.1.
    And where can we get a "3.1 custom firmware" ???

tks.

Default Many thanks
    RS4 thank you very much,this worked for me,you save my iphone man,I was ready to go to the store....thank you
    .....everyone: just follow every step he said,I did it with win xp after hundred other things before,this is sooo goood.....good luck
    ....thank you rs4 one more time,you made my day!!!!

my iphone is 3gs 32 gb....
    Last edited by nypop; 2009-11-12 at 01:24 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tbh i can not understand who on earth would RS4 method works! It stated everywhere if you dont have your ECID hashed on file then you will never be able to downgrade or restore to a previous FW. So for anyone who was lucky and this thing worked out for him, post every single step here and let ppl benefit from it.

In the mean time if anyone knows a good and relaible website that offer a custome FW v 3.1.2 post it here cause i have alot of friends who messed up there iphone because the updated it with what they thought A custome FW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123