Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have 3GS 3.0.1, need to be restored... Any solution?

I've a friend who has a jailbroken 3GS with FW 3.0 - He made a big mistake (setting -> general -> reset all setting). Now I need to restore it and I have no ECID/SHSH Data on cydia. Is there another way? HELP!!!
    By the way, I love iPhone but I hate Apple...(*#!*&#@%##@)

setting -> general -> reset all setting < lol, like in my case =)))

"jagga" , stai jos, esti un prost!

This guy must have saved his ECID SHSHs "on file".Otherwise there is no way that restore could work.

how to downgrade on blogsdna
    Code:
    http://www.blogsdna.com/3911/how-to-downgrade-iphone-3gs-31-to-30-os.htm

What RS4 had was a 3GS at 3.01. When he pointed the host file to Saurik's server, he got 3002 error meaning his shsh was not on file. Nothing was done. He then went ahead to do Redsn0w. A successful JB was done and he has now a JB3.0.

No big deal. This is a normal JB on a 3.01 phone. His phone never got upgraded to 3.1 !

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

i sort of did this as well. however my phone's OS got seriously corrupted, probably due to my own monkey buisness, and now i only have 2 icons on the springboard after a redsn0w JB. both icons crash after tapping.

so for people with looping apple logos, redsn0w may be your only hope to get back to your home screen

can anyone help me to jb the 3gs version 3.0.1
    any solution?

I think he must have inadvertently cached his blobs with Saurik, there is not any way that 3GS will accept a restore without signed FW. Is it possible that you clicked the "make my life easier" button in Cydia before RS4?

Quote Originally Posted by goodman1501 View Post
    What RS4 had was a 3GS at 3.01. When he pointed the host file to Saurik's server, he got 3002 error meaning his shsh was not on file. Nothing was done. He then went ahead to do Redsn0w. A successful JB was done and he has now a JB3.0.

No big deal. This is a normal JB on a 3.01 phone. His phone never got upgraded to 3.1 !
    Wrong, whether or not you had 3.1, iTunes will no longer allow you to install 3.0.1.

If you take a brand new, non-JB 3GS out of the box, and try to restore to 3.0.1, you will not be able to.

I think he must have unknowingly submitted ECID to Saurik. Only explanation.
    Last edited by reverser; 2009-09-23 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so what is next?
    you mean to say that 3gs phones can not be restored< anyother solutions. i am stuck with my 3.0.1 3gs phone. help me

Quote Originally Posted by vineesh View Post
    so what is next?
    you mean to say that 3gs phones can not be restored< anyother solutions. i am stuck with my 3.0.1 3gs phone. help me
    1. Restore to 3.1, lose jailbreak till dev team releases 3.1, lose unlock possibly forever

2. Wait until 3.1 JB is released, be stuck without a phone for an as yet undetermined amount of time, but maintain JB / Unlock.

If you have a backup phone to stick the SIM in for the time being, do that.

You could use your iPhone as a paperweight in the meantime.

Thanks

^^pretty well the best advice ive heard all week. give up and wait. save myself some grief

I currently have 3.0.1 on my 3GS (3.1 ECID on file). I uninstalled an app from cydia and needed to reboot. An now all that happens is that the apple logo shows up, then dissapears. I was trying to use redsn0w to jailbreak it again, but during the "breaking" i get an ERROR message after is says "mounting disk0s2s1"

Quote Originally Posted by handbone View Post
    I currently have 3.0.1 on my 3GS (3.1 ECID on file). I uninstalled an app from cydia and needed to reboot. An now all that happens is that the apple logo shows up, then dissapears. I was trying to use redsn0w to jailbreak it again, but during the "breaking" i get an ERROR message after is says "mounting disk0s2s1"
    I have the exactly same problem, iphone is not in use for 6 days now.
    What the hell am I suppost to do?

I have exactly the same problem and mounting disk error, unless you already have your ECID shsh files for 3.0 or 3.0.1 saved on Sauriks server there is nothing you/we can do but wait until the 3.1 jailbreak firmware is released. Once it is we will be able to restore our phones with 3.1 and then jailbreak and unlock. We won't be able to downgrade however.

Well? any news? we will have to wait to 3.1 then? even if we didnt upadte to 3.1 yet?
    it just wont boot up, but I didnt upgrade to 3.1.
    nothing I can do?>

Thanks

mine wont either. just sit, be patient and find another phone to use in the mean time.

has anyone confirmed RS4's method?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ac88 View Post
    has anyone confirmed RS4's method?
    i can pretty well garantee his post is incorrect or missing something. I think its the language barrier. something is not right with his story.

or he's just being a ******, solves his own problems and flakes off.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-28 at 11:26 PM.

so can u restore if ur allready jailbroken? as then u wouldnt need any signing rite? if my jb 3gs 3.01 gets messed up shouldnt i be able to do a normal 3.01 restore and use redsnow again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Staj View Post
    so can u restore if ur allready jailbroken? as then u wouldnt need any signing rite? if my jb 3gs 3.01 gets messed up shouldnt i be able to do a normal 3.01 restore and use redsnow again?
    you ALWAYS need signing now. sorry dude, you're stuck unless you have your 3.0 ECID stored with Cydia
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2009-09-29 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast