Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 but no network?

Default Downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 but no network?
    I successfully downgraded my 3gs from 3.1 to 3.0 following this tutorial, with cydia installed but I can't seem to get it to activate on AT&T. I used redsn0w. Any suggestions?

Do you mean activate or do you mean you have no signal bars?

no bars, and in the about section the network was blank

I wouldn't expect 3.1 baseband 5.11.07 to work on 3.0 firmware. Maybe someone who has done this will reply.

Just because you downgraded the firmware, the baseband does not downgrade with it.

quite possible, I had figured that since I wasn't looking to unlock and just jailbreak i'd be OK with the fact the baseband can't be downgraded.

I was able to restore to 3.1 and get my network coverage back up, hopefully i'll have time to play with it a bit more later today or someone will tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rxd45 View Post
    quite possible, I had figured that since I wasn't looking to unlock and just jailbreak i'd be OK with the fact the baseband can't be downgraded.

I was able to restore to 3.1 and get my network coverage back up, hopefully i'll have time to play with it a bit more later today or someone will tell me what i'm doing wrong.
    I was also able to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 using Saurik's guide and host file edit, but I don't have my AT&T network coverage back either.

Is there a fix/workaround for this, or am I forced to go back to 3.1 and wait for an update to the jailbreak process???

I just came across a post in another thread that said it could be fixed easy enough with irecovery so hopefully someone will come along with a mini how-to if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rxd45 View Post
    I just came across a post in another thread that said it could be fixed easy enough with irecovery so hopefully someone will come along with a mini how-to if that is the case.
    Any other info on this? Link to the thread? I don't want to go back to 3.1 if I don't have to.

In order to go back to 3.0 from 3.1 you have to have saved your ECID with Cydia. Otherwise you will not be able to go back to 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by plegra97 View Post
    In order to go back to 3.0 from 3.1 you have to have saved your ECID with Cydia. Otherwise you will not be able to go back to 3.0
    Yeah I have already downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 using the Cydia host file redirection. I just don't have any network access now.

Do I just have to re-activate my phone in iTunes? If so, how do I do that?

I installed Ultrasn0w via Cydia and is was stuck on "Searching..." for a while, and now it says "No Service".

I wonder if I should call AT&T and have them activate it?
    Last edited by TheAccuser; 2009-09-15 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same thing here. Just downgraded but no network. Fiddling with it to try and get the network back up now.

I had the same thing last night. No baseband activation with At&t.
    You have to use Irecovery right after the second restore to boot the phone. After you do that it will activate with Itunes and then you can Jailbreak.

I did have problems with Irecovery at first on a vista 32bit machine. You need to install Libusb-Win32 in Win xp Service pack 2 mode.
    Right click on this file. Select Properties | Compatibility Click the “Run this program in compatibility mode” box and select “Windows XP (Service Pack2)” from the drop down list.

Right click again and select “Run as “Administrator”. Follow the installation instructions. Running the test program list the usb devices plugged into my computer – but not my new device.

2) Start iRecovery in Terminal / Console with iRecovery -s

3) Execute the following commands:

setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit4)

Reboot your iPhone (keep holding home + sleep for 10 seconds).

If you are at a state of not being activated, you can put your phone in recovery mode and just do a single restore in itunes with 3.0 and then run irecovery when it errors out.

Smitty
    Last edited by smittyjf; 2009-09-15 at 02:15 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smittyjf For This Useful Post:

alarum (2009-09-15)

It was a long night and I need some sleep but I wanted to post my success story too.

Here is a quick timeline of events for me.

- Bought iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.
    - Upgraded to firmware 3.0.1.
    - Jailbroke using redsn0w 0.8
    - Updated to 3.1
    - Downgraded to 3.0 using Saurik's solution

I ended up using a Mac to run iRecovery since I was having issues on Windows 7. The thing that got me into wasting a lot of time was jailbreaking after the two passes at the 3.0 downgrade.

Let me be clear about this. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO RUN IRECOVERY ONCE YOUR IPHONE IS IN RECOVERY (ITUNES LOGO) MODE. DO NOT JAILBREAK AT THIS POINT OR ELSE YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE AUTHORIZED ON THE AT&T NETWORK.

Sorry about this post being put together poorly and not in that much detail, but it's now 8:30 AM and I haven't gone to sleep yet. If anyone has any questions about how I got my 3GS running 3.1 back down to 3.0 and jailbroken, fire away.

Okay, a little problem for me now. I'm getting the following error when I fire up iTunes now.

"iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE800000A)."

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by TheAccuser; 2009-09-15 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAccuser For This Useful Post:

alarum (2009-09-15)

Hey guys - I registered an account on these forums for the sole purpose of coming along and saying a big thanks to TheAccuser and smittyjf... I downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 tonight, with a big help from these guys.

iRecovery was the only step that was missing, and required! While I'm kind of missing the functionality from 3.0.1, I'm sure saurik is working on this.

Once again, good work guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Network solution
    I got my network working this way:
    After the second restore, the iphone is still in recovery mode.
    You just have to exit recovery mode and activate iphone in itunes BEFORE jailbreaking.
    I used a simpler method to do so. I followed the instructions when I ran Quickpwn (remember that?)

With the iphone turned off press and hold Home+Power for 15 sec.

Release Home button but keep pressing power for 2-3 sec.

I got it right the second time around, timing is of the essence.
    Hope this helps...
    Last edited by alexcary77; 2009-09-15 at 05:22 PM. Reason: adding info

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexcary77 For This Useful Post:

csworrell (2009-09-15), jbsstone (2009-09-15), VaderForce (2009-09-29)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post

Here is a quick timeline of events for me.

- Bought iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.
    - Upgraded to firmware 3.0.1.
    - Jailbroke using redsn0w 0.8
    - Updated to 3.1
    - Downgraded to 3.0 using Saurik's solution

Let me be clear about this. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO RUN IRECOVERY ONCE YOUR IPHONE IS IN RECOVERY (ITUNES LOGO) MODE. DO NOT JAILBREAK AT THIS POINT OR ELSE YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE AUTHORIZED ON THE AT&T NETWORK.
    Ahh, that must be why mine activated no problem. I never updated to 3.1, so my baseband never got updated. Last night I was so confused why everybody seemed to have to use irecovery and I didn't. It makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
    Okay, a little problem for me now. I'm getting the following error when I fire up iTunes now.

"iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE800000A)."

Any thoughts?
    I have gotten this error. I just unplug the phone and plug it back in with itunes still open. works every time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcary77 View Post
    I got my network working this way:
    After the second restore, the iphone is still in recovery mode.
    You just have to exit recovery mode and activate iphone in itunes BEFORE jailbreaking.
    I used a simpler method to do so. I followed the instructions when I ran Quickpwn (remember that?)

With the iphone turned off press and hold Home+Power for 15 sec.

Release Home button but keep pressing power for 2-3 sec.

I got it right the second time around, timing is of the essence.
    Hope this helps...
    Cant seem to get this to work, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Ahh, that must be why mine activated no problem. I never updated to 3.1, so my baseband never got updated. Last night I was so confused why everybody seemed to have to use irecovery and I didn't. It makes sense now.

I have gotten this error. I just unplug the phone and plug it back in with itunes still open. works every time for me.
    FYI - I did fix this issue by running iTunes with "Run as Administrator" checked in the properties of the .exe in Windows 7.

I got out of recovery and on the AT&T network with quickpwn?!

I am officially downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 with network coverage and Cydia installed.
    Last edited by rxd45; 2009-09-15 at 07:03 PM. Reason: whoops

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

see my new topic on 1015 issues:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post4954929

An easy fix:

First undo what you did to the host file then restore back to 3.1.

Then paste that gs.apple back into the host file and restore back to
    3.0. Get error 1015 and follow my guide to get rid of error 1015 and on 3.0 with no network prolems.

This should do teh trick!

READ IT ALL BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE TO YOUR IPHONE.

download this(old quickpwn):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3zzmt5znnkm/QuickPwn.zip

1. try to restore one more time. Get the error one more time, close itunes.

2. open quickpwn and do what it says (hold home button \ sleep wake button for 15 secs etc.)

3 after the apple logo appears, press ok to the box after you see the logo (not before).

4. a blue box might appear after the first one, just press ok.

5. iphone should now boot normally. once its on your lock screen close quickpwn (not needed anymore unless you want to downgrade again)

Should work and good luck,

Kyle (bondkt)
    Last edited by bondkt; 2009-09-17 at 06:04 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bondkt For This Useful Post:

chrischarles2002 (2009-09-16)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast