Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Success/Failure stories?

Quote Originally Posted by sdimm View Post
    So, I tried downgrading my 3Gs but iTunes gave me a 3002 error message.

Im using Apples own 3.0 IPSW btw...
    I chatted with Saurik and he said the following about it:

Your ECID SHSH isnt stored on Saurik's server.
    You have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak. (probably in 1/2 weeks)
    Your stuck for now.

Cheers.

I restored from 3.0 to 3.0, worked fine, jailbroke fine, unlocked fine ... worked very well!

Nice to hear that ! :P

3G 3.1 attempt to 3.0 failed...
    Did as perscribed (saurik)....used pwnage to jb....
    when itunes attempted to do its thing with restore....i continuously got Mr Jobs cartoon(recovery mode)...and 1015 error...tried 3 times... no luck...
    very bummed.

I suspect that my 1015 error is the good news...but after 3 tries...i am having to restore back to 3.1...
    very very bummed.

any suggestions besides waiting for jb3.1?

tia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lloydo For This Useful Post:

Coentje44 (2009-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by lloydo View Post
    when itunes attempted to do its thing with restore....i continuously got Mr Jobs cartoon(recovery mode)...and 1015 error...tried 3 times... no luck...
    very bummed.

I suspect that my 1015 error is the good news...but after 3 tries...i am having to restore back to 3.1...
    very very bummed.

tia
    You have to download the following file : http://www.applei.ph/devteam/QuickPwn-225-2.zip
    Then double click on the exe and it will tell you to keep down the Home+ power button for 15 seconds.
    Then ur off the hook :P

Cheers.
    Last edited by Coentje44; 2009-09-15 at 08:17 PM.

Default Downgrade 3GS from 3.1 to 3.0 Success
    Just wanted to let you know. I was fortunate enough to have my ECID SHSH saved and was glad to see the downgrade process. All in all it took me about 3 hours to get it back to where I wanted pre- 3.1 as I was stupid enough to upgrade!!

I followed Saurik's instructions and ended up repeating the process twice (ie 2 lots of two) essentially repeating Saurik's instructions over and agin. Here is what I did initially.

Carried out Saurik's instructions, got error 1015, ignored repeated again. Got error 1015, ignored and then got into endless boot load loop. Tried irecovery. Computer crashed so I undelete irecovery and used redsn0w and it was stuck on the last step.

I thought I had bricked my iphone (was stuck on the apple logo and would not get out of it) and at one point plugged SIM card into old blackberry just so I can communicate with the outside world.

Went and had a coffee, came back, unplugged iphone from computer, got computer back up and running after undeleting the irecovery lib files. Managed to get iPhone into recovery mode. I honestly can't remember how. Turn phone off, press menu button, press menu button then off, press both together, I have no idea what the sequence was. Sorry guys.

Finally got it into DFU mode and repeated Saurik's instructions, restore using 3.0 and repeated twice and oh my gawd!!! It was back to stock. Tried redsn0w and it went flawlessly..

Ended up downgrading itunes too which was another nightmare in itself. Used the web to find out how to use an old itunes with a new itunes library.itl and then I was able to sync apps and photos and contacts and pictures and music.

Now I am back to a jb iPhone 3.0 and restoring all my apps.

When it was jailbroken, I took screenshots of every page so that if I ever had to restores stuff I knew which apps I had installed. Glad I did.

Painful and slow but I got everything back. Sheesh, I thought Microsoft was bad...

So I am now on 3.0, running itunes 8.2 and I am back to being jb.

I wanted to share and hope someone sees value in what I posted.

Now I am never going to upgrade unless I am told it is safe to do so.

Peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post
    You have to download the following file : http://www.applei.ph/devteam/QuickPwn-225-2.zip
    Then double click on the exe and it will tell you to keep down the Home+ power button for 15 seconds.

Cheers.
    Thanks for your help Coentje44...but where is the attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Coentje44 View Post

Cheers.
    Thanks Coentje44..i got the attachment....
    However i am on a mac!
    I tried using redsnow...and well because i was in steve jobs mode...
    i couldnt get it into DFU....

so i went back to 3.1 for now until there is a JB 3.1...

UNLESS there is quickpawn for the mac....???
    Last edited by lloydo; 2009-09-15 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After foolishly jumping on the 3.1 update, I am very happy to report that thanks to Saurik I am comfortably back in 3.0!!

Everything went exactly as Saurik stated. The only thing that scared me a bit is half way through loading my apps back on, for some reason the transfer of every app started throwing up an error that basically said sync was not possible! I simply hit enter on every prompt until the sync was finished, unplugged the phone, plugged it back in synced again and all was good!

Thanks so much Saurik for all of the time you spend helping so many!

Default Got "unknown error 3014"
    I'm trying to downgrade my 3gs back to 3.0.1 i have iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw file and selected it when asked to upload file, my iphone went into a white screen and is stuck there and "unknown error 3014". Does anyone know whta that is?? I will keep trying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greaseball75 View Post
    I'm trying to downgrade my 3gs back to 3.0.1 i have iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw file and selected it when asked to upload file, my iphone went into a white screen and is stuck there and "unknown error 3014". Does anyone know whta that is?? I will keep trying!!!
    Same thing happened to me. Just go back into dfu mode and restore to plain 3.0 firmware instead of 3.0.1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

greaseball75 (2009-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by lloydo View Post
    very bummed.

very very bummed.

tia

This forum section and this thread are for 3G S owners, not the 3G. You'll have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2009-09-15 at 09:23 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

lloydo (2009-09-15)

ok thanks ex Navy...didnt realize that detail

Default 3.1 Downgrading
    So I've tried numerous times to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 and keep getting unknow error 1015, is it normal??? how many times should I keep trying it before I am successful??? I was trying to downgrade using new version of iTunes (9) but had to use prior version (8.2)to get atleast some king of response (error 1015).

ok, got it, but now I keep getting unknown error 1015 several times, I keep doing over & over again and don't seem to get past unknown error 1015, it begins to download 3.0 and before it gets half way, it stops and i get the unknown error 1015, how many times should i try it??
    Last edited by greaseball75; 2009-09-15 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Woo Hoo
    Totally worked on the 3G and I have my beloved Cydia back.

Edit host name
    DFU
    shift restore 3.0
    shift restore 3.0
    libusb
    comand promt: irecovery -s
    fsboot
    fsboot
    new phone
    launch redsn0w

I will make sure I pay close attention to this update stuff in the future.

Nubs you Freeman!!!

Greaseball- did you read the instructions in this link?

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    This forum section and this thread are for 3G S owners, not the 3G. You'll have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak.
    Lloyd, eXNavy - worked just fine on my 3G. Please contact me if you would like a step by steb.
    Last edited by Kelseyb3; 2009-09-15 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    completed to saurik spec, as written, used irecovery for an fsboot just to see what would happen, that worked

no issues

was jailbroken on 3.01, migrated to 3.1 official just to test the downgrade process....
    Last edited by ex_spy_guy; 2009-09-15 at 10:56 PM.

Yup following instructions to the letter, but I'm still stuck on restore, everytime it gets near the middle it reboots and "unknown error 1015" keeps coming up, I've been at it for 3 hours now with no luck, please HELP!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i let the nand flood run for a while to see if it would do something else, unplugged to see if i could interrupt it, got bored and yanked.

2nd flash worked from recovery....

oh i ran irecovery to see if I could fsboot from the scroll, but of course, no iphone detected....

greaseball,

Did you get your EDIC on file with Cydia last week when he made it available? If you did you would see a message in Cydia that Says "This iPhone's ECID SHSH has been stored". If you did not do this and upgraded to 3.1 then you are stuck and will never be able to go back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 and have possibly lost the ability to unlock forever. You will have to stay with 3.1 and wait for the jailbreak to come out.

Dev team has just released Pwnage for 3.1 here: Dev-Team Blog

This will only work for you if you are running an iPhone 2G or 3G, not 3GS (Redsnow will be coming out soon for Mac and Windows and will work on the 3GS). Also, if you choose to do this on a 3G then you must use a custom 3.1 firmware. If you use the Apple 3.1 release then you will lose the ability to unlock your phone, possibly forever. This is because the official Apple release not only changes your firmware but also your baseband which is what controls the ability to unlock your phone and use it with any carrier you want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cirtess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I restored from 3.0 to 3.0, worked fine, jailbroke fine, unlocked fine ... worked very well!
    Did the same, 3.0 to 3.0 (had to fix some issues).

A BIG BIG big awesome thank you Jay Freeman for all your hard work to get us back and beat the crap out of Apple :-). I had to restore 3 times and then used purplera1n to jailbreak and now i'm baccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkk to 3.0. I was miserabled for the last week or so. Thank you again, you're a life saver.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast