Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Success/Failure stories?

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    what is irecovery?
    Read this : Downgrade iPhone 3GS 3.1 to 3.0 (iPhone OS 3.1 to 3.0 Firmware)

Finally, success! I had to use iRecovery after the 2nd restore to set auto boot to true. It did take about a minute for the phone to become activated with ATT. After that, I used Redsn0w just like normal to jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post
    Finally, success! I had to use iRecovery after the 2nd restore to set auto boot to true. It did take about a minute for the phone to become activated with ATT. After that, I used Redsn0w just like normal to jailbreak.
    Same for me. My iPhone 3GS that was on 3.1 is now back to 3.0 syncing with iTunes and jailbreaked again ! Thanks a lot Saurik !!!

OK. I was just curious cuz I didn't have to use it. Seems so far that most everyone else has. Strange.

Mine is complete...PkgBackup did it's thing, synced apps back from itunes, then appbackup did it's thing. Now I just gotta reconfigure my jailbreak apps. Whole process was almost as painless as a normal restore in itunes used to be.

Can anyone help? I followed the instructions perfectly but when I reach the "preparing iphone for restore" screen it seems to hang with the progress bar still moving and then gives me the 1604 error. Desperately need some advice as to why I can't get it to continue with the restore.

I just did the downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0. No problems. Didn't get the att-signal, though, but that is easily fixed with iRecovery. I am now going back up to 3.1 as it wasn't possible to sync with my 3.1-sync, and I want to keep my newest sync. Think I'll just wait for the 3.1 jailbreak!
    But good work saurik!

Quote Originally Posted by efish View Post
    I just did the downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0. No problems. Didn't get the att-signal, though, but that is easily fixed with iRecovery. I am now going back up to 3.1 as it wasn't possible to sync with my 3.1-sync, and I want to keep my newest sync. Think I'll just wait for the 3.1 jailbreak!
    But good work saurik!
    I got a message like "your iphone firmware is too old to be restored with this backup" but when i did the restore once again it allowed me to do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerssssss View Post
    I got a message like "your iphone firmware is too old to be restored with this backup" but when i did the restore once again it allowed me to do it then.
    Oh, really? And that worked? No problems?

Quote Originally Posted by efish View Post
    Oh, really? And that worked? No problems?
    Yes, no problem. Enjoy the JB again !

Worked flawlessly for me...

Kudos Saurik

Can any of you 3GS guys that successfully went back from 3.1 to 3.0 share what is the version of baseband you have now?
    Last edited by asae; 2009-09-15 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asae View Post
    can any of you 3gs guys that successfully went back from 3.1 to 3.0 share what is the version of baseband you have now?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerssssss View Post
    Thanks!

interesting....meaning that the baseband were not downgraded, running 3.0 with 3.1 baseband ...i wonder what is the effect for those who where not 'factory unlocked'?...were they able to unlock it back? maybe that's why some got experience with no signal?

Default gd mrng
    gd day everyone

did all of you that had gd luck in moving back from 3.1 to 3 sent the ecia file or not ?

i did not send any ecid file does this mean i wil not be able to do it ?

thanks a lot

There is currently no unlock for the new baseband. That is why the dev team was so adamant about"DO NOT" upgrade to 3.1. because going to 3.1 would upgrade the baseband, thereby rendering the baseband unlockable. They say it may never be unlockable again. But i think they are more clever than apple and will figure it out eventually.

No luck for me. In trying to downgrade, I get "The iPhone couldn't be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I'm assuming that's because I was on 3.0.1 at one point and there is a note in the article:

"If you would like to try restoring to 3.0.1 with my server, therefore, to see if you have 3.0.1 keys on file you can try, but it may fail late in the process with a very weird error. All users "on file", however, have 3.0 ready to go"

When you tried to downgrade did you try to go to 3.0.1 or 3.0? If you are "on file" with Cydia then you shouldn't have a problem downgrading to 3.0 3.0.1 seems to be giving people problems however.

I just caught that now too. I'm trying to downgrade to 3.0 from 3.1 but I was on 3.0.1 when I hit "make life easier". I have no idea what's going on as everyone else seems to be getting the normal error message which is expected (and I'm still fairly basic with this stuff). Thinking I may just go back to 3.1 and wait until the exploit is released.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokaity View Post
    I just caught that now too. I'm trying to downgrade to 3.0 from 3.1 but I was on 3.0.1 when I hit "make life easier".
    As was I but I downgraded with no problem. In fact I'm sure many people were on 3.0.1. If I understand correctly 3.0 or 3.0.1 only matters as it applies to what you downgrade to. Not what you were using when you submitted your info.

My thinking is that your ECID isn't on file with Saurik.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Murfunit is probably right since Saurik is opening the ECID hashing option from Cydia again tonight and people running a JB 3GS on 3.0 or 3.0.1 will be able to hash their ECIDs for a future 3.1 downgrade/restore. Shouldn't matter what you were running at the time you stored your ECID, just make sure you're restoring to 3.0 and not 3.0.1

Also, does your phone say "This phone's SHSH ECID is stored" on your Cydia homepage? If not then Cydia doesn't have your info.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast