• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 7 unveiled at Apple event today



    Apple held their iPhone 7 event today showing off the looks and capabilities of their new phone. The iPhone 7 will be water resistant, come in 5 colors with jet black being the new color available, and have a minimum of 32gb installed with 256gb as an option at the higher end. The 7 plus will also have dual cameras on the back that will be used for better optical focus as well as taking wider pictures with a soon coming "depth" feature being added. Pre-orders will begin September 9th with September 16th being the launch date.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 7 unveiled at Apple event today started by Simon View original post
    Comments 61 Comments
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      Absolutely amazing. Those Apple guys nailed it. So prepare your money, believe me, you will buy it
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Keynote was off the charts, so many new features. Apple raising the bar... again.
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Absolutely amazing. Those Apple guys nailed it. So prepare your money, believe me, you will buy it
      Wish they said when it would be available in stores. As soon as the Keynote was over my son called to ask me. He wants to see them in person before he decides what color to buy. Silly boy, lol.
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      cccccccc, those kids......so impatient
    1. Carlos's Avatar
      Carlos -
      Im digging it, so ill be upgrading from my 6S to the 7.

      Only thing I wish they would have did was have the dual cameras on the 7 bc me personally like the size of the 7 over 7 Plus...

      Pause... and they shoulda included some Beats headphones, that would of been nice..js

      I gotta do the homework on the watch to see its worth upgrading from the stainless steel one i have now..
    1. dman918's Avatar
      dman918 -
      Did I totally miss something? Outside of water resistance, I don't see any reason why it's worth an upgrade. I was so excited for today and am now not sure if I'll bother with my upgrade.
    1. bjai21's Avatar
      bjai21 -
      no wireless charging?
    1. rodnutz's Avatar
      rodnutz -
      Only thing that impressed me was the wireless airpods, but that was easily killed by that $159 dollar price tag. I expected $100 bucks easily since it's Apple but $159? WOW.... SOOO GREEDY!

      I'll probably upgrade like everyone else but was also saddened by the fact that Jet Black is only available at 128GB or better. Come on Apple this type of practice should be illegal. I currently own a 128GB phone and I can honestly say it's a huge waste of space and money. I have yet to fill this thing past 40GB so 32GB is where I'm heading. But I do want the Jet Black so I might just wait a few months in hopes it becomes available in 32GB as a option. If it doesn't happen then normal black it is.
    1. ofm05's Avatar
      ofm05 -
      Battery still is awful. Display was just made brighter without really upgrading the screen.

      Apple is not mentioning the battery capacity....

      And no fast charging WTF!
    1. dman918's Avatar
      dman918 -
      If it also had wireless charging, I'd be more impressed.

      The sad thing is, I will probably buy it anyway because I am out of contract so I kinda figure why not. The iPhone 7s will likely not sport anything too special either.....
    1. rodnutz's Avatar
      rodnutz -
      Quote Originally Posted by ofm05 View Post
      Battery still is awful. Display was just made brighter without really upgrading the screen.

      Apple is not mentioning the battery capacity....

      And no fast charging WTF!

      Have to agree I was very disappointed that there was no mentions of the battery for any of the products. I watched the Keynote stream while chatting with 5 friends on FB and the one thing we all talked about the most was why they never provided any battery info for the watch or new iPhones. It's like they completely dodged it.

      I don't know if it's a OS problem or a battery problem (probably a little of both) but as it stands right now the battery for iPhone blows. I don't do much with my phone and it always needs charging. It's not even jailbroken anymore and on current stock OS and yet it functions terribly. The phone could be at 100%, open camera app, take a few pics and battery life miraculously drops to like 90% or below that. Like WTF? The app was only open for like 1 minute. I have never seen this kind of issue with any other iPhone. And it's not just my phone as I have discuss this problem with many people and most of them report the same thing. The other issue is the phone dying and shutting down although there is still like 20% of battery life left in it. Another WTF? Plug it back up and 10 seconds later it's back on and you look at the battery and it saids 22% or something. I'm no expert but this sounds like an OS issue. I'm praying whatever fluke that was it is non existent on iPhone 7 because like I said I have never seen a problem like this on any iPhone and I have owned them all except for the 6S. I didn't see the point of upgrading. I really don't see the point of upgrading to the i7 but honestly I just want a bigger phone so I want to try out the size of the Plus.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -

      I would not recommend becoming an early adopter of jet black.
    1. matakibiker's Avatar
      matakibiker -
      Everyone here mentioning battery life...

      I've been on a 6S+ since January, and on a normal day, even some heavy days, I've NEVER had any issues with battery life. That's with Bluetooth AND wifi ALWAYS on. I think it might be because the only app that's ever continuously running in the background is iTunes Radio. I've been the same way since the iPhone 3G back in '09... never have I ever had an issue with battery life.

      Wireless charging. Easily something to expect, to an extent, when the 'S' models come out in March.

      And, I second what Zokunei posted; don't be quick to adopt the jet black unless you plan on having a case for it. And even then, IT WILL STILL HAVE ISSUES!!!!! All cases collect dirt, dust, and pocket lint, and can actually cause MORE damage than having no case on, in most cases I prefer the jet black, and I almost always run with no case on my 6S+, but if it scratches that easily, I'm weary about the high gloss... it looks amazing though
    1. back9player's Avatar
      back9player -
      Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
      Only thing that impressed me was the wireless airpods, but that was easily killed by that $159 dollar price tag. I expected $100 bucks easily since it's Apple but $159? WOW.... SOOO GREEDY!

      I'll probably upgrade like everyone else but was also saddened by the fact that Jet Black is only available at 128GB or better. Come on Apple this type of practice should be illegal. I currently own a 128GB phone and I can honestly say it's a huge waste of space and money. I have yet to fill this thing past 40GB so 32GB is where I'm heading. But I do want the Jet Black so I might just wait a few months in hopes it becomes available in 32GB as a option. If it doesn't happen then normal black it is.
      Exactly! 159!? Jesus Christ... That's absurd! F Apple...
    1. Dphillipds's Avatar
      Dphillipds -
      Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
      Have to agree I was very disappointed that there was no mentions of the battery for any of the products. I watched the Keynote stream while chatting with 5 friends on FB and the one thing we all talked about the most was why they never provided any battery info for the watch or new iPhones. It's like they completely dodged it.

      I don't know if it's a OS problem or a battery problem (probably a little of both) but as it stands right now the battery for iPhone blows. I don't do much with my phone and it always needs charging. It's not even jailbroken anymore and on current stock OS and yet it functions terribly. The phone could be at 100%, open camera app, take a few pics and battery life miraculously drops to like 90% or below that. Like WTF? The app was only open for like 1 minute. I have never seen this kind of issue with any other iPhone. And it's not just my phone as I have discuss this problem with many people and most of them report the same thing. The other issue is the phone dying and shutting down although there is still like 20% of battery life left in it. Another WTF? Plug it back up and 10 seconds later it's back on and you look at the battery and it saids 22% or something. I'm no expert but this sounds like an OS issue. I'm praying whatever fluke that was it is non existent on iPhone 7 because like I said I have never seen a problem like this on any iPhone and I have owned them all except for the 6S. I didn't see the point of upgrading. I really don't see the point of upgrading to the i7 but honestly I just want a bigger phone so I want to try out the size of the Plus.
      Be careful. I've hear of that problem before where the phone shuts off at a certain percentage. It's because iPhone has a feature that automatically shuts the phone off to prevent the battery from exploding. Most likely your battery is pretty swollen more than normal. I guarantee it, take it somewhere and have them check the battery and you'll see. This happened to my friend as his kept shutting off at 50%. If it didn't shut off, the battery would eventually explode. Please be careful with that.
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post

      I would not recommend becoming an early adopter of jet black.
      Can you share a link, can not see entire quote/pic.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Can you share a link, can not see entire quote/pic.
      Buy iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus - Apple
    1. Loxs's Avatar
      Loxs -
      Really wish they would do something about the screen, bezel size straight from 2007, same resolution, same technology. Still the largest 5.5" phone on the market thanks to its super sized bezels. No wireless charging. No iris unlock, obviously not huge thing but would have been nice. Feel like apple peaked with the iPhone4 and we have all been waiting for another moment like that ever since and it has never come.

      Will I buy the iPhone7/Plus, perhaps but because I'm heavily invested in the Apple Ecosystem. Would I like a Galaxy Note 7 once they have fixed the exploding battery...yes! expandable storage, wireless charging, modern screen tech. I gotta admit this is the first year I have been really torn.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Any word on 3 GB RAM?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Any word on 3 GB RAM?
      We'll likely have to wait until the devices are out in people's hands to get RAM specs, as always.