• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • How iOS Security Really Works

    Check this video out from WWDC 2016.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: How iOS Security Really Works started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      come on, iOS updates are practically forced on us, we should be allowed to choose what iOS we want regardless of Apple's perfect statistics and ability to laugh at Android

      the reason were not seeing jailbreaks is because there just selling the exploits for $1m? or below if not unteathered, implied by his speach
    1. Purple Minion's Avatar
      Purple Minion -
      We wouldn't need jailbreaks at all if Apple would just be more innovative. This is why android users laugh at Apple users who jailbreak. They don't need to, because they already have the functionality we must to bend over backwards to get.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      come on, iOS updates are practically forced on us, we should be allowed to choose what iOS we want regardless of Apple's perfect statistics and ability to laugh at Android

      the reason were not seeing jailbreaks is because there just selling the exploits for $1m? or below if not unteathered, implied by his speach
      I don't get how iOS updates are forced. Are downgrades forced - yes. But not upgrades. I'm still on 9.0.2. No one forced me to update.
    1. Purple Minion's Avatar
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I don't get how iOS updates are forced. Are downgrades forced - yes. But not upgrades. I'm still on 9.0.2. No one forced me to update.
      Do you make these nonsensical comments because you're bored, or do you think you're funny, or do you just troll?
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      Do you make these nonsensical comments because you're bored, or do you think you're funny, or do you just troll?
      You must be 7 years old to think my comment is non-sensical. Could I ask you who forced you to update your phone? Was it Tim Cook or Eddie?
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      I said 'practically forced'. If you want Apple's help they'd prefer you on the newest iOS; if you have an issue with the iOS your on and the signing windows is closed you have to upgrade or struggle on with problamatic firmware that you'd rather stay on

      Edit: What do you mean downgrades are forced?
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      I said 'practically forced'. If you want Apple's help they'd prefer you on the newest iOS; if you have an issue with the iOS your on and the signing windows is closed you have to upgrade or struggle on with problamatic firmware that you'd rather stay on

      Edit: What do you mean downgrades are forced?
      Meaning you can't downgrade because Apple stops signing.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      also you can't get to the firmware you are on if the signing window is closed, hence the practically a forced upgrade comment

      Edit: I call downgrading, blocked
    1. Leolion311's Avatar
      Leolion311 -
      Only beginners get caught out with updates as I'm still on 9.0.2
    1. Purple Minion's Avatar
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by Leolion311 View Post
      Only beginners get caught out with updates as I'm still on 9.0.2
      Well then, give yourself a well deserved atta-boy and pat yourself on the back.

      Here's hoping you never encounter any software that screws up your jailbreak as I did. To add insult to injury, it wasn't jailbreak software that did me in. It was genuine Apple App Store Crapple.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Leolion311 View Post
      Only beginners get caught out with updates as I'm still on 9.0.2
      this is wrong, a lot of people lose their jailbreaks for many different reasons and are forced to upgrade because of the 8ullsh1t signing window. 9.0.2 is a shite jailbreak not as bad as 9.1 but it's up there