• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple launches 12″ MacBook with faster CPU/GPU, Rose Gold model & longer battery life
    On Tuesday, Apple has released a press released and a website update with a new second generation 12-inch MacBook with Intel's latest Skylake chips with faster graphics, a better battery life and faster flash storage. Also revealed, is a brand new Rose color option and boasts 80-90% faster SSD write speeds, 20% CPU improvement




    The 12-inch MacBook is available in four aluminium finishes: Silver, Gold, Space Gray and the newest addition Rose Gold. Apple has confirmed that they have made 8GB standard across the 13-inch MacBook Air lineup.

    Pricing and Availability

    The second-gen 12-inch MacBook starts at the same $1,299 like before and will be available starting Wednesday 20th April 2016. You can order the Macbook online today.


    ďMacBook is the thinnest and lightest Mac we have ever made and itís our vision for the future of the notebook,Ē said Philip Schiller, Appleís senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. ďCustomers are going to love this update to MacBook, with the latest processors, faster graphics, faster flash storage, longer battery life and a beautiful rose gold finish.Ē
    - Apple Website


    An additional hour of Battery Life


    The 12-inch MacBook will provide an extra hour of battery life all thanks to the new generation of Intel's Skylake and with a 41.4-watt-hour lithium polymer battery versus a 39.7-watt-hour inside last year's 12-inch MacBook models.

    The second-gen MacBook now offers up to 10 hours of wireless browsing and up to 11 hours of iTunes movie viewing, the older gen faced only 9 hours of charge on the first generation.


    Much Faster

    The base configuration with a 1.1-gigahertz dual-core Intel Core m3 processor, 8 gigabytes of RAM and 256 gigabytes of flash storage starts at $1,299.

    The new sixth-generation dual-core Intel Core M processors found in the MacBook run at clock speeds up to 1.3 gigahertz, with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 gigahertz. The revamped notebooks also feature faster 1866 megahertz memory.



    With Intel HD Graphics 515, the MacBook has up to 25 percent faster graphics performance. Speed has been improved with a faster PCIe-based flash storage.

    The 2016 MacBook features a single USB-C port for charging, data transfer and video output. It's a reversible connector that is one-third the size of a traditional USB port. The MacBook also lacks moving parts or vents, giving it a fanless design that runs silently. It also features 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.

    What the 2016 12-inch MacBook doesn't have

    The resolution of the Retina screen on the new MacBook model has not changed from the first-gen MacBook following speculation from some rumors, the updated model still offers a single USB-C port.

    Apple has mentioned ďFollowing the introduction of USB-C on MacBook, the ecosystem of Apple and third-party USB-C accessories has continued to grow, giving users added flexibility and capability.Ē

    The FaceTime camera still has the same 480p FaceTime camera as seen on the previous MacBook's. The machine also lacks Thunderbolt 3 and DDR4 RAM which we were hoping for.

    Update: Today Apple has released a Day-One update for the MacBook's Bluetooth.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple launches 12″ MacBook with faster CPU/GPU, Rose Gold model & longer battery life started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. Purple Minion's Avatar
      Purple Minion -
      So if you run low on power, you still can't plug it in and use your USB port at the same time. Nice design -- NOT.
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      So if you run low on power, you still can't plug it in and use your USB port at the same time. Nice design -- NOT.
      Buy a Pro
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      So if you run low on power, you still can't plug it in and use your USB port at the same time. Nice design -- NOT.
      Itís still possible if you buy the adapter (I think) but yes, terrible design choice.
    1. JDavisMedia's Avatar
      JDavisMedia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      Buy a Pro
      Or an Air, even. So many people complain about it being a "bad design" when in reality it's just not the computer that fits their needs..
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by JDavisMedia View Post
      Or an Air, even. So many people complain about it being a "bad design" when in reality it's just not the computer that fits their needs..
      No itís a bad design.
      Guess what, I know plenty of people that are the sole users of their vehicles. You donít see car manufacturers making cars with only one door to cater to them.
      Yes you can use an adaptor but it shoudl be designed with basic fuctionality in mind.
      There are countless items that donít fit my needs but are still well designed.
    1. JDavisMedia's Avatar
      JDavisMedia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      No itís a bad design.
      Guess what, I know plenty of people that are the sole users of their vehicles. You donít see car manufacturers making cars with only one door to cater to them.
      Yes you can use an adaptor but it shoudl be designed with basic fuctionality in mind.
      There are countless items that donít fit my needs but are still well designed.
      Since you want to compare a computer to vehicles.. Would you say that electric cars are designed badly just because you can't simply stop somewhere and grab gas when on empty? No. If you want to be able to do that, electric probably just isn't for you (and I know there are some hybrids out there, but you get the point).
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by JDavisMedia View Post
      Since you want to compare a computer to vehicles.. Would you say that electric cars are designed badly just because you can't simply stop somewhere and grab gas when on empty? No. If you want to be able to do that, electric probably just isn't for you (and I know there are some hybrids out there, but you get the point).
      It’s. A. Bad. Design. Deal with it. Fanboy it up as much as you like. It’s poor.
    1. JDavisMedia's Avatar
      JDavisMedia -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      Itís. A. Bad. Design. Deal with it. Fanboy it up as much as you like. Itís poor.
      So now I'm a "fanboy" for disagreeing with your opinion? How ignorant are you?
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      Itís. A. Bad. Design. Deal with it. Fanboy it up as much as you like. Itís poor.
      His argument about EV cars was perfectly valid.

      Discounting use of facts and logic to argue your position and reducing your defense to ad hominem: to people of intelligence that's you admitting defeat.

      Have a nice day.
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      His argument about EV cars was perfectly valid.

      Discounting use of facts and logic to argue your position and reducing your defense to ad hominem: to people of intelligence that's you admitting defeat.

      Have a nice day.
      Why would you grab gas in an electric car?
      The design is bad.
      You can defend anything in the world by saying 'it’s not for you’.

      Also admitting defeat is admitting defeat. Nothing else is. Suggesting otherwise is you assuming. FACT.
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      I don't see why it's a bad design. I haven't touched a USB port on my current laptop in quite a long time thanks to cloud storage and Bluetooth. I can understand why people would get frustrated because they can't let go of having a bunch of non-used ports crowding their machine, but if that's you then they make other laptop models for you.

      Clearly this Macbook isn't meant to be the only computer you have. It's meant for portability and travel. I don't need tons of accessories with me at all times when I'm out somewhere.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      I personally think all iPhones so far are bad design because I have never used a headset in my life and they all come with a silly hole which just collects dust. Yea I can buy a plug but I just think it's bad design.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      Why would you grab gas in an electric car?
      The design is bad.
      You can defend anything in the world by saying 'itís not for youí.

      Also admitting defeat is admitting defeat. Nothing else is. Suggesting otherwise is you assuming. FACT.
      And you can insult anything in the world by calling it bad design and ignore all arguments to the contrary.

      So you're either saying that electric cars are bad design, or you're just trying to win the argument with more pointless ad hominem fallacy. Which is it?
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      And you can insult anything in the world by calling it bad design and ignore all arguments to the contrary.

      So you're either saying that electric cars are bad design, or you're just trying to win the argument with more pointless ad hominem fallacy. Which is it?
      Er what? When did I say or even imply that electric cars were a bad design?