• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 9.3.2 Beta 1 reportedly fixes the 'White Screen of Death' Game Center Bug

    Recently, a bug in the Game Center has reportedly been resolved in the latest public beta of iOS 9.3.2. iOS 9.3.2 Public Beta was available to testers last Thursday.

    The Game Center bug, which first appeared in iOS 8, affected many games across the AppStore on iOS devices. The bug causes a white screen upon app launch, crashing games to a white screen. The Settings app reportedly freezes when Game Center's options are selected.


    TouchArcade forum member and journalist Craig Grannell's video of the bug in action.

    "Well, community members of ours who are brave enough to install beta iOS system updates have reported that Game Center is once again working for them in the iOS 9.3.2 beta. Now, before getting too excited, it's important to have a hefty dose of realism with all this: The Game Center bug is a vicious beast, and many people on our forums have thought they slayed it, only to have it return inside of a couple days. I'm cautiously optimistic, but by no means ready to strike up the band and declare the Game Center bug fixed."
    [via MacRumors]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 9.3.2 Beta 1 Fixes 'White Screen of Death' Game Center Bug started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      So many betas......
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      So many betas......
      That's ok if there's betas. If they actually got the final release right, they wouldn't have to have betas. Beta software is a good thing
    1. Purple Minion's Avatar
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      That's ok if there's betas. If they actually got the final release right, they wouldn't have to have betas. Beta software is a good thing
      Of course beta testing is good. However, it's no substitute for quality design and thorough internal testing. Lately it seems like Apple is relying on beta testing as their entire quality assurance process. At least that's how it looks to me.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      Of course beta testing is good. However, it's no substitute for quality design and thorough internal testing. Lately it seems like Apple is relying on beta testing as their entire quality assurance process. At least that's how it looks to me.
      I agree. Almost felt like we had better releases before public beta. Perhaps now they get so many bug messages that they canít determine actual bugs vs user error? Iím not sure.
    1. back9player's Avatar
      back9player -
      This is not news. Lol... It's a beta for Pete sake... It's supposed to buggy. It's the nature of betas.. Duh!!
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
      This is not news. Lol... It's a beta for Pete sake... It's supposed to buggy. It's the nature of betas.. Duh!!
      How is this not news? The article clearly states that the beta fixes the White Screen of Death which has been around since iOS 8 days which is a good thing? lol