• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • [DISCUSSION] iOS 9.3 Jailbreak

    Hold on, don't get excited, unfortunately this isn't news on a Jailbreak for iOS 9.3 which was released today at Cupertino Town Hall following some updates to it's new iOS includes TouchID notes, Night Shift & more.


    PanGu released a Jailbreak for iOS 9.1 last week, and is soon releasing a Jailbreak for the Apple TV 4th Generation.

    PanGu stated on twitter this week that it will be delayed for a few days due to testing reasons. ModMyi think that they are working on getting a iOS 9.3 Jailbreak on the way to the public and may release ATV4 Jailbreak alongside with the iOS 9.3 Jailbreak (we can only hope).

    ModMyi will be posting any future updates on any Jailbreak. So stay tuned.

    We can only hope anyway. What are your thoughts on when the iOS 9.3 will be Jailbreakable?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: [DISCUSSION] iOS 9.3 Jailbreak started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 43 Comments
    1. oneduality's Avatar
      oneduality -
      This feels like click-bait to me... I guess I will just say SOON I hope.. still seemed sneaky, I saw the headline and got excited... clicked.. and boom.. nothing
    1. Gcruz's Avatar
      Gcruz -
      Well if there's no JB for 9.3 then no reason for me to get the iPhone 7 😔
    1. systememp's Avatar
      systememp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
      Well if there's no JB for 9.3 then no reason for me to get the iPhone 7 [emoji17]
      Won't the iPhone 7 come with iOS 10 by that time? Seems every new model and ever year Apple makes a new iOS also. I'm hopeful for a JB for 9.3 it's been a while since I've been able to have Cydia.
    1. igorsax's Avatar
      igorsax -
      My guess is that they'll release one very soon (probably had it ready since beta versions) after thorough testing. Or, in case it was still work in progress, the new solution will be pushed back a couple of months. Hopefully it's the former.
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      ^^^ iPhone 7 will come with iOS 10 no doubt.

      PanGu is notorious for dropping jailbreaks without any chatter. But this hypothesis of their hold on the jailbreak for Apple TV kinda is intriguing. We can only hope...
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
      This feels like click-bait to me... I guess I will just say SOON I hope.. still seemed sneaky, I saw the headline and got excited... clicked.. and boom.. nothing
      What did you think discussion meant?
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
      This feels like click-bait to me... I guess I will just say SOON I hope.. still seemed sneaky, I saw the headline and got excited... clicked.. and boom.. nothing
      Thanks for the read, however it isn't click-bait. Reddit has their discussion also here titled the same... the community are excited for a future Jailbreak to be released . I also stated "Discussion" and also stated at the start of the first paragraph "Don't get too excited".

      Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to read on.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      I am still happily JB on 9.0.2, but I really need to clean my phone and desperately want a new JB. I've been restoring my phone from backup with the same backup image since 2008. I have an iPhone 6S Plus 64Gb and I am ready to do a clean install from scratch (no iCloud restore).

      I was really hoping cydia impactor would be updated for 9+ but no luck.
    1. The_Durben's Avatar
      The_Durben -
      Quote Originally Posted by systememp View Post
      Won't the iPhone 7 come with iOS 10 by that time? Seems every new model and ever year Apple makes a new iOS also. I'm hopeful for a JB for 9.3 it's been a while since I've been able to have Cydia.
      You go away for a while (I'm never really gone I just browse) but I read stupid posts like this and just feel like commenting for no reason. Or no reason other than to say I miss the good old days of MMi when there was an occasional trolling, some bad language, Raj being banned, but at least we all knew what we were talking about.
    1. a2943149's Avatar
      a2943149 -
      Will there ever be a jailbreak for the ATV3 or is that the only iDevice nobody could ever jailbreak?
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
      Will there ever be a jailbreak for the ATV3 or is that the only iDevice nobody could ever jailbreak?
      I highly doubt it but never give up hope.
    1. xclusiveiphone's Avatar
      xclusiveiphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      I am still happily JB on 9.0.2, but I really need to clean my phone and desperately want a new JB. I've been restoring my phone from backup with the same backup image since 2008. I have an iPhone 6S Plus 64Gb and I am ready to do a clean install from scratch (no iCloud restore).

      I was really hoping cydia impactor would be updated for 9+ but no luck.
      Run iCleaner, you'll be surprised how much space you free up. It's free if you like ads, but I paid just to support the dev.
    1. a2943149's Avatar
      a2943149 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      I highly doubt it but never give up hope.
      I wonder why Apple didn't do anymore with the ATV3 as its the only idevice thats never been jailbroken so they must be pretty happy with that. OR did they do nothing because they had nothing to copy from? If you look at all ios fimrwares they always add features jailbreakers add so because the ATV3 was never jailbroken they had nothing to copy from.

      Isn't it about time someone jailbreaks it? It used to be a few days after a device comes out to when someone announces its been jailbroken but the ATV3 never had that announcement, nobody could or wants to jailbreak it.

      I just downgraded mine to 5.3 and read ATV2 is untethered at v5.3 so there is a tiny bit of hope. We just need someone to jailbreak either the latest firmware or 5.3 as for some reason that is still being signed.
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      UPDATE: There has been news of [email protected]' successfully Jailbreaking iOS 9.3.

      It is unconfirmed whether this is legit or not.

      You can find the thread on Reddit here or here.
    1. systememp's Avatar
      systememp -
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
      You go away for a while (I'm never really gone I just browse) but I read stupid posts like this and just feel like commenting for no reason. Or no reason other than to say I miss the good old days of MMi when there was an occasional trolling, some bad language, Raj being banned, but at least we all knew what we were talking about.
      Didn't know making a comment was stupid. Thank you for the info.
    1. systememp's Avatar
      systememp -
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
      You go away for a while (I'm never really gone I just browse) but I read stupid posts like this and just feel like commenting for no reason. Or no reason other than to say I miss the good old days of MMi when there was an occasional trolling, some bad language, Raj being banned, but at least we all knew what we were talking about.
      It's weird that I've been a member of MMi since 2008 and you can call me a troll. What names do you have for those here after I have?
    1. Appl3Kork's Avatar
      Appl3Kork -
      In time I think the jailbreakers will have success. I've been with the jailbreaking scene since I think the 3G, and when they say they'll deliver, they usually do.
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Appl3Kork View Post
      In time I think the jailbreakers will have success. I've been with the jailbreaking scene since I think the 3G, and when they say they'll deliver, they usually do.
      I wish that was the case all the time...
      [email protected]' and [email protected]' certainly do not deliver but do tease.
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      Even though the new Night Shift feature isn't new to me it's nice to see the f.lux tweak implemented into the stock OS... One less tweak for me to install next time I jailbreak... I really think that jailbreaking has a lot of life left to it... Haven't been jailbroken since watch OS 2 and iOS 9.2 and will be just as stoked as always to be Jailbroken once again...
    1. Yzord's Avatar
      Yzord -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      I wish that was the case all the time...
      [email protected]' and [email protected]' certainly do not deliver but do tease.
      Only reason they "tease" is that they are hopng that some company or government will buy their JB. And they abuse the JB scene for it (retweets, articles etc.). People should ignore them.