• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Now Touts Install Base of 57% for iOS 9 With Continued Growth of Adoption


    Apple launched iOS 9 with a truckload of new features mid-September, and the operating system update is showing to be popular with Apple device users. Among the many new features, improved battery life, and improvements to stability, iOS 9 is growing in popularity with each passing week.

    This week, Apple's latest installation numbers have been released. Apple says that 57% of its iOS devices in circulation today are running iOS 9, while 33% remain on iOS 8, and 10% remain on iOS 7 or earlier.

    iOS 9 can be installed on any iOS device that can run iOS 8, but it's worth noting that iOS 9 has been known to cause sluggishness on people's device post installation. This is a problem that is keeping a handful of people from upgrading until Apple further improves the fluidity of animations and performance.

    Nonetheless, exciting new features like the new Spotlight API for third party applications, Siri Suggestions, low power mode, integration with watchOS 2, and more are present in iOS 9 and are continuing to lure people in.

    For the jailbreak community, many are opting to stick with iOS 8.4 so they can enjoy the features of their open device. There has been no jailbreak announced for iOS 9 just yet, and Apple keeps slamming the public with software updates that seemingly improve the security of the operating system each and every time. What's more is Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 8 entirely, so anyone that restores their device is stuck with iOS 9 in the meantime.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Now Touts Install Base of 57% for iOS 9 With Continued Growth of Adoption started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
    1. shrubb441's Avatar
      shrubb441 -
      I bet mass majority of those iOS8 users are those waiting for iOS9 jailbreak. I know I'm 1 of them ha
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by shrubb441 View Post
      I bet mass majority of those iOS8 users are those waiting for iOS9 jailbreak. I know I'm 1 of them ha
      Indeed, I'm one of those as well. No way I'd use any version of iOS without a jailbreak.
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I'm on iOS 9.0.2 with my 6s+ and my 6+ is still on 8.4. I've been using iOS 9 since 9.25 and I'm starting to not miss my jailbreak.
    1. stolenpentium's Avatar
      stolenpentium -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      I'm on iOS 9.0.2 with my 6s+ and my 6+ is still on 8.4. I've been using iOS 9 since 9.25 and I'm starting to not miss my jailbreak.
      Lies, lol.
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
      Lies, lol.
      I have no reason to lie. I don't miss it. Just know that when iOS 9 can be jailbroken I will jailbreak again.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      I have no reason to lie. I don't miss it. Just know that when iOS 9 can be jailbroken I will jailbreak again.
      One word: Whoozit Pro (I guess that's two words).

      Can't live without that tweak.

      PS: Oh and ExKey.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Right now I'm fine without it but as soon as a jailbreak gets released I need it
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      I'm on iOS 9.0.2 with my 6s+ and my 6+ is still on 8.4. I've been using iOS 9 since 9.25 and I'm starting to not miss my jailbreak.
      Then you don't know the meaning of jailbreaking. You are doing it just to belong.
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobnwako View Post
      Then you don't know the meaning of jailbreaking. You are doing it just to belong.
      You don't know me so don't assume anything about me. Say what you want but I love jailbreaking and I'm not doing it just to belong. When I had android I rooted my phone so I'm not new to the whole customizing. I more excited that I have a new phone as I was last year then using a jailbreak.
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      You don't know me so don't assume anything about me. Say what you want but I love jailbreaking and I'm not doing it just to belong. When I had android I rooted my phone so I'm not new to the whole customizing. I more excited that I have a new phone as I was last year then using a jailbreak.
      Then stop saying that you don't miss jailbreaking because it makes those of us still using it angry. I'm not judging you or anything and I'm happy for you getting a new phone but for the rest of us still waiting for jailbreaking before buying, we're kinda pissed off to hear someone who loves jailbreaking dissing the whole process and the community. That's all!
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobnwako View Post
      Then stop saying that you don't miss jailbreaking because it makes those of us still using it angry. I'm not judging you or anything and I'm happy for you getting a new phone but for the rest of us still waiting for jailbreaking before buying, we're kinda pissed off to hear someone who loves jailbreaking dissing the whole process and the community. That's all!
      Overreaction alert^ ^ ^
      ..... Are you serious??? It makes you angry?! Looooool! Can't believe what I'm reading. If you choose to wait until a jb to get your new phone - great! But what would make you angry in someone stating they love their new phone on stock, and at the moment don't miss their jb? Truly don't understand your reaction. It's just plain weird..
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobnwako View Post
      Then stop saying that you don't miss jailbreaking because it makes those of us still using it angry. I'm not judging you or anything and I'm happy for you getting a new phone but for the rest of us still waiting for jailbreaking before buying, we're kinda pissed off to hear someone who loves jailbreaking dissing the whole process and the community. That's all!
      I'm not about to argue with anyone on why I don't miss my jailbreak at the moment. I'm not dissing jailbreaking or the process when I said I love it. It's a public forum so I'm going to say what I want. I can still use the jailbreak on my 6+ when I want I just prefer not to at the moment as I wanted to test my 6s+ and put it to use instead of waiting around for a jailbreak. Like I said when a jailbreak come out I will be jailbreaking my phone.
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      I'm not about to argue with anyone on why I don't miss my jailbreak at the moment. I'm not dissing jailbreaking or the process when I said I love it. It's a public forum so I'm going to say what I want. I can still use the jailbreak on my 6+ when I want I just prefer not to at the moment as I wanted to test my 6s+ and put it to use instead of waiting around for a jailbreak. Like I said when a jailbreak come out I will be jailbreaking my phone.
      Ok baby I heard you loud and clear. Thanks!
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Overreaction alert^ ^ ^
      ..... Are you serious??? It makes you angry?! Looooool! Can't believe what I'm reading. If you choose to wait until a jb to get your new phone - great! But what would make you angry in someone stating they love their new phone on stock, and at the moment don't miss their jb? Truly don't understand your reaction. It's just plain weird..
      Well that's your problem not mine.
    1. sknet's Avatar
      sknet -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      You don't know me so don't assume anything about me. Say what you want but I love jailbreaking and I'm not doing it just to belong. When I had android I rooted my phone so I'm not new to the whole customizing. I more excited that I have a new phone as I was last year then using a jailbreak.
      what bob refer is real jb users will always miss jb. thats it.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
      what bob refer is real jb users will always miss jb. thats it.
      Agreed... But that Shouldn't have made Bob "angry" That's just childish. I think he was jealous of people with their newer and better phones.

      And every year Apple has given us more and more to make us "not miss" the jailbreak. The quick compose/reply screen in our iPhones now has made me totally not need bite SMS ever again. There are many other examples like that.
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Agreed... But that Shouldn't have made Bob "angry" That's just childish. I think he was jealous of people with their newer and better phones.

      And every year Apple has given us more and more to make us "not miss" the jailbreak. The quick compose/reply screen in our iPhones now has made me totally not need bite SMS ever again. There are many other examples like that.
      Hey bro I'm not jealous of anything but my point is that it is very discouraging and disheartening to the guys that go through hell to come up with the vulnerabilities used in the jailbreaking. If you know how to code, you find out that it is really hard. These guys also read Modmyi and for them to see someone dissing their hard work simply because they gave it away for free, is discouraging. Would you say that if you paid your hard earned money for it? Just think about that!
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by bobnwako View Post
      Hey bro I'm not jealous of anything but my point is that it is very discouraging and disheartening to the guys that go through hell to come up with the vulnerabilities used in the jailbreaking. If you know how to code, you find out that it is really hard. These guys also read Modmyi and for them to see someone dissing their hard work simply because they gave it away for free, is discouraging. Would you say that if you paid your hard earned money for it? Just think about that!
      You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. The Chinese jailbreak teams that have given us our last several jailbreaks do NOT read MMi as they don't even speak English.. I don't think we're hurting their feelings.. [emoji23][emoji23]
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. The Chinese jailbreak teams that have given us our last several jailbreaks do NOT read MMi as they don't even speak English.. I don't think we're hurting their feelings.. [emoji23][emoji23]
      Then are you the one that translates their codes into English for Windows OS and MAC/IOS for us to download and use in the jailbreaking?
    1. bobnwako's Avatar
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. The Chinese jailbreak teams that have given us our last several jailbreaks do NOT read MMi as they don't even speak English.. I don't think we're hurting their feelings.. [emoji23][emoji23]
      They speak English and they read MMi. It can be assessed all over the world not only in the United States.