• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Delays WatchOS 2 Public Release Due to Significant Bug in Software


    Today, Apple was expected to launch both iOS 9 and watchOS 2 to the public two major software releases for two of Apple's flagship mobile device types.

    Although, a software bug has reportedly made Apple decide to pull the plug on the plans to release watchOS 2 today. TechCrunch, the first to report on the issue, says that the delay will not affect iOS 9 and that users of iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads will still be able to upgrade today.

    An Apple spokeswoman had this to say to TechCrunch about watch OS 2:

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple Spokeswoman
    We have discovered a bug in development of watchOS 2 that is taking a bit longer to fix than we expected. We will not release watchOS 2 today but will shortly.
    There is no concrete date for when watchOS 2 will be ready to release to the public, although Apple hopes to get this big, which is taking longer to fix than expected, to be fixed as soon as possible so that the public can download it onto their Apple Watch(es).

    Source: TechCrunch
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Delays WatchOS 2 Public Release Due to Significant Bug in Software started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
    1. Brandon.amos's Avatar
      Brandon.amos -
      At least they stopped it from being released and possibly screwing up people's iWatches.
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      dammit.
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Yeah. I updated to it months ago via Beta..it sucks. Battery lasts maybe 2-4 hours depending on how its used. Hurry up Apple, i used to get almost a day thank you.
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Yeah. I updated to it months ago via Beta..it sucks. Battery lasts maybe 2-4 hours depending on how its used. Hurry up Apple, i used to get almost a day thank you.
      whoa. that sucks! I get 18-20 hours on 1.0.1 -- not sure I even want the update now.
    1. rimshak's Avatar
      rimshak -
      Hope it's soon. I need to see if they fixed the issue with streaming music to a Bluetooth speaker while paired to the watch before my return period ends.

      I googled around and it appears a ton of people are having the audio cut out bad like I am yet other folks aren't having an issue at all. I stream a lot of music with work. If I can't have that then I'll have to return the watch.
    1. vcf's Avatar
      vcf -
      Quote Originally Posted by rimshak View Post
      Hope it's soon. I need to see if they fixed the issue with streaming music to a Bluetooth speaker while paired to the watch before my return period ends.

      I googled around and it appears a ton of people are having the audio cut out bad like I am yet other folks aren't having an issue at all. I stream a lot of music with work. If I can't have that then I'll have to return the watch.
      Well Bluetooth cuts in and out and that's normal. I have no issue with my watch.
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      whoa. that sucks! I get 18-20 hours on 1.0.1 -- not sure I even want the update now.
      Yeah, you were smart to wait it out. Im hoping the official Watch OS2 release fixes the battery draining that i am experiencing.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      I have been running both the GM's of iOS 9 and Watch OS2. My watch battery life is just like before running on 1.0.1 and I use it all day and when exercising too.
    1. dr33Rocks's Avatar
      dr33Rocks -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Yeah. I updated to it months ago via Beta..it sucks. Battery lasts maybe 2-4 hours depending on how its used. Hurry up Apple, i used to get almost a day thank you.
      If you updated months ago with beta 1 and have not updated to betas 2,3,4,5 and now gold master, of course your battery life sucks, it was beta 1. And I agree with you, beta 1 was horrible! I am currently on the most recent beta release (either 5 or GM, not sure) and I can report the battery life is great and I have not had any issues AT ALL for at least the last couple of beta's...so not sure what "bug" they found. Most of the battery life issues for me were fixed with beta 2 and 3. Anyway, just my two cents!!

      One more thing....im about 5 hours into my day and my battery is at 90% with "normal" use.
    1. MoDaLoT's Avatar
      MoDaLoT -
      It be nice if they can get a jailbreak for the iwatch.
    1. ltoms76's Avatar
      ltoms76 -
      I'm glad they're waiting till they get it right but damn, I was excited for the new os
    1. rimshak's Avatar
      rimshak -
      Quote Originally Posted by vcf View Post
      Well Bluetooth cuts in and out and that's normal. I have no issue with my watch.
      I'm not sure what Bluetooth you're using where it normally cuts in and out. That's odd. Before the watch I never had any issue. You'll get the occasionally one second of drop out over the period of a few hours maybe; but this issue is constant. Like there's constant interference. I've tried in different locations different speakers, different cars, etc. Still happens. Like someone hitting the mute button on and off as fast as they can. It's maddening.
    1. vcf's Avatar
      vcf -
      Quote Originally Posted by rimshak View Post
      I'm not sure what Bluetooth you're using where it normally cuts in and out. That's odd. Before the watch I never had any issue. You'll get the occasionally one second of drop out over the period of a few hours maybe; but this issue is constant. Like there's constant interference. I've tried in different locations different speakers, different cars, etc. Still happens. Like someone hitting the mute button on and off as fast as they can. It's maddening.
      Well Bluetooth has interference do a google search. But like I have said I have no issue but time to time a bump hear and there do to wifi my guess. They have better wireless audio then Bluetooth that does not have interface. It's on a go find site I think
    1. SirZyrion's Avatar
      SirZyrion -
      Security vulnerability perhaps?
    1. rimshak's Avatar
      rimshak -
      I get that interference is there. I work in RF. I'm the last person to tell about that lol My point was there was no issue before the watch and happens in multiple areas. Also as I stated, there are tons of people that don't have the issue such as yourself and a lot that are; including me. Not trying to sound crabby just saying it sucks lol
    1. Titan3636's Avatar
      Titan3636 -
      Mine works great. Watch os 2 and iOS 9.1 beta. Battery is great!
    1. Italia411's Avatar
      Italia411 -
      1.0.1 and I get two days out of the battery.
    1. ltoms76's Avatar
      ltoms76 -
      About the only issue I've had with my apple watch is sometimes the notifications don't go to the watch. I'll have to turn my Bluetooth off and then back on. Sometimes not even that fixes it.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
      1.0.1 and I get two days out of the battery.
      Do you leave it off all day? I feel like mine's dead by midnight when I start using it at noon.
    1. rimshak's Avatar
      rimshak -
      I'm on 1.01. I put it on at 9am, and take it off at around 1-2am. Each day I'm always above 50%. I don't really use my watch apps. I know, kind of defeats the purpose; but I do use it for notifications and quick replies with the occasional phone call here and there. Also my wife likes to do the sketches and heartbeats a few times a day. I'd say if I actually utilized the watch the way most are; my battery would be much less. I'm anxious to try OS2!