• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • No New Apple iPhone 6c at Sept. 9th Event But iPhone 5c Will Reportedly Be Discontinued


    Just yesterday we reported that Apple will be hosting their iPhone 6s unveiling event on September 9th. However, it has been reported that the Cupertino-based company will likely not be unveiling a new 4-inch iPhone 6c on the 9th. Although rumors went around claiming Apple was working on a new iPhone 6c and that the lower end model would be unveiled at the same time as the flagship device, it seems like it won’t be happening. The report notes that the iPhone 6c is not yet ready to ship, therefore won’t be announced.

    Interestingly the report also noted that even though there won’t be a new iPhone 6c on the 9th, the company plans on discontinuing the iPhone 5c when the new iPhone gets released. The iPhone 5c was first released 2 years ago in fall of 2013 and according to sources, has been underwhelming sales numbers. It isn’t even confirmed yet that Apple will be releasing a new iPhone 6c, so it may be the last of the ‘c’ devices if Apple discontinues the 5c. If you are someone who enjoys 4-inch screens over the 4.7 and 5.5-inch ones, Apple’s iPhone 5s will still be available for purchase. The 5s will even be free of charge if you sign a new contract according to sources.

    Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices will still be available as well when the 6s and 6s Plus drops. Pricing for the two will also obviously drop as well, so definitely take advantage if you are looking for an iPhone on a budget. It looks like the iPhone lineup will be as follows starting in the fall; iPhone 5s as an entry level phone, then the 6 and 6 Plus in the middle, and the new 6s and 6s Plus at the top. Which device will you be switching to next month? Share with us in the section below.

    Source: The Independent
    This article was originally published in forum thread: No New Apple iPhone 6c at Sept. 9th Event But iPhone 5c Will Reportedly Be Discontinued started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 65 Comments
    1. oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
      oldskoolsk8r -
      6s plus all the way!!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Supa_xL's Avatar
      Supa_xL -
      Still have the 5 so will be getting the 6s
    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      I just want them to release the 6s Plus with more system ram. I'm tired of my 6 plus always reloading apps.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      I just want them to release the 6s Plus with more system ram. I'm tired of my 6 plus always reloading apps.
      What apps are reloading? None of my apps do.
    1. Neojok's Avatar
      Neojok -
      Yes some apps do especially safari browser!
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      More color options would be cool. They don't need to be rainbow colors but nice colored metals like rose gold, gold(not champagne), gun metal, BLACK(not space grey) silver, ect.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Neojok View Post
      Yes some apps do especially safari browser!
      Yeah the tabs never refresh unless you remove the app from the background switcher but that would make sense seeing how they are not in the background anymore.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      What apps are reloading? None of my apps do.
      All of mine do. I'm guessing you don't have a 6+.

      The CPU is being overloaded from the crash reports. But I'll take the extra RAM too. iOS 9 runs much better than 8 and that will add to the stability.

      I find it hard to believe that you haven't experienced your apps reloading.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      More color options would be cool. They don't need to be rainbow colors but nice colored metals like rose gold, gold(not champagne), gun metal, BLACK(not space grey) silver, ect.
      Gun metal! Now we're talking!
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      May skip the iPhone this year, I will see what Apple brings to the table.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      All of mine do. I'm guessing you don't have a 6+.

      The CPU is being overloaded from the crash reports. But I'll take the extra RAM too. iOS 9 runs much better than 8 and that will add to the stability.

      I find it hard to believe that you haven't experienced your apps reloading.
      Unless it has something to do with background apps refresh setting on your phone. Otherwise I opened all my apps and went back to them and none of them refreshed. They open back up instantly. Idk unless a certain app needs to reload because of updated content idk but mine don't unless I remove the app and open it again.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Apparently you have a very special 6+. Everyone else has I know that has a 6+ is having the same issues.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Unless it has something to do with background apps refresh setting on your phone. Otherwise I opened all my apps and went back to them and none of them refreshed. They open back up instantly. Idk unless a certain app needs to reload because of updated content idk but mine don't unless I remove the app and open it again.
      Do u keep background apps refresh on or off?
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Do u keep background apps refresh on or off?
      Off but if others keep theirs on then that would just make sense that they are refreshing!
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I have 198 apps on my 64gb 6+ and only keep the background refresh on for about 6 apps. I never paid the apps refreshing any mind. Will start checking today.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Off but if others keep theirs on then that would just make sense that they are refreshing!
      I keep it off as well and haven't seen any issues with reloading like Kingohill does. Now I do agree that I dont have any themes and i know that kingohill does.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I keep it off as well and haven't seen any issues with reloading like King_o_hill does. Now I do agree that I dont' have any themes and i know that King_o_hill does.
      Are you even jailbroken? And does everyone reporting back even know what an app quitting out of memory looks like? Maybe it's that you don't know what you're looking for.. And remember he's talking 6+.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Apparently, I don't know what I'm doing.
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      i dont even want to fix my 5s screen cuz ima just get the 6s when it drops
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Are you even jailbroken? And does everyone reporting back even know what an app quitting out of memory looks like? Maybe it's that you don't know what you're looking for.. And remember he's talking 6+.
      Yes I am on 6+ 8.4. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. I just haven't experienced any lags or anything like that. I don't have any games on my phone either. I do have about 100 apps.