• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Purported iPhone 6s Packaging Reveals Apple May Start Lineup At 16GB Once Again


    A picture of what looks to be an iPhone 6s packaging label has made its way out onto the Internet Friday morning with details about Apple's upcoming iPhone 6s smartphone.

    Although there have been high hopes that Apple would drop the 16GB offering altogether and begin the product lineup at 32GB, the packaging looks to reveal that the iPhone 6s will, like its predecessor, start off with a 16GB storage option and go up from there.

    If rumors are true and the iPhone 6s will be sporting a 12 megapixel rear-facing camera, HD front-facing camera, and 4K video recording capability, then this could be a problem. Additional storage is something that users are going to demand when taking full advantage of these features.

    On the other hand, with Apple making the push to iCloud storage, and introducing Apple Music, Apple is bringing more and more to the cloud so that your iPhone's storage doesn't have to be wasted on things like media, giving you more room for applications and your Camera Roll.

    Apple will be hosting a media event on September 9th where the company is expected to unveil the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus, as well as details about OS X 10.11 El Capitan, iOS 9, and watch OS 2. We'll learn for sure what Apple's plans are when the day comes!

    Source: Steve Hemmerstoffer via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Purported iPhone 6s Packaging Reveals Apple May Start Lineup At 16GB Once Again started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Disappointing if true. meh
    1. Brandon.amos's Avatar
      Brandon.amos -
      Everyone else is switching to 32GB low end options.
    1. ottozuts's Avatar
      ottozuts -
      👎🏼
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      16GB is way too small the standard should be 32GB
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      I'm sure there is a huge demand because of price of a 16GB iPhone, but all the people I know including myself haven't bought a 16 GB model since the iPhone 3.
      I understand Apples logic... profit, the bottom line in most if not all all corporate decisions.
    1. crslaeme's Avatar
      crslaeme -
      Wow I go for 64 anyways
    1. Supa_xL's Avatar
      Supa_xL -
      That's unfortunate if this is true. Was looking forward to them starting at 32GB. One of the reasons I'm holding out for the 6s
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      How else is Apple going to sell their iCloud subscriptions for more than 5GB if they make entry level phones higher than 16GB? :] Seriously though, I was really hoping 32GB would be the standard as well. Maybe iPhone 7.
    1. talkin73's Avatar
      talkin73 -
      Until their cloud based services are more and consistent and reliable I won't be trusting my media files to any of it. I put up with a lost contact or event now and then due to iCloud's inherent glitches. But there is no way I'd trust my family photos and videos or music files (particularly since I got rid of the original cd's) to iCloud. 128GB iPhone is fine for me to keep what I'd like locally on the phone and well worth the extra cost. 16GB does, however, seem incredibly limiting in terms of using the iPhone to its full capabilities. There's probably plenty of folks that don't do much with media files and use the iPhone more for PIM and a playlist or two, checking Facebook, etc. 16GB would be fine for those purposes.
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      One area that the Android Flagships are demolishing Apple on right now. Apple needs to step up.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
      Until their cloud based services are more and consistent and reliable I won't be trusting my media files to any of it. I put up with a lost contact or event now and then due to iCloud's inherent glitches. But there is no way I'd trust my family photos and videos or music files (particularly since I got rid of the original cd's) to iCloud. 128GB iPhone is fine for me to keep what I'd like locally on the phone and well worth the extra cost. 16GB does, however, seem incredibly limiting in terms of using the iPhone to its full capabilities. There's probably plenty of folks that don't do much with media files and use the iPhone more for PIM and a playlist or two, checking Facebook, etc. 16GB would be fine for those purposes.
      The day you lose your phone, you will be wishing you had an iCloud backup.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      iCloud is rock solid. Bullet proof for me from Day 1. Not sure I believe those who say they've lost stuff in iCloud. More likely user error.
    1. PaKi619's Avatar
      PaKi619 -
      Apple knows many would buy large memory phone so they keep 16 gb to keep earning extra $100 per phone... If 32gb is at minimal price then many would buy that and they wouldnt earn $100 more.. Imagine a million phones sold only because of memory, that's $100 million extra.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by PaKi619 View Post
      Apple knows many would buy large memory phone so they keep 16 gb to keep earning extra $100 per phone... If 32gb is at minimal price then many would buy that and they wouldnt earn $100 more.. Imagine a million phones sold only because of memory, that's $100 million extra.
      Exactly! Apple knows 'precisely' what they're doing by keeping the 16GB phone. Calculated business move. And would you expect any less from the wealthiest company on the planet? Apple is now wealthier than any oil or pharmaceutical company in the world. They got that way by keeping a 16 when it logically should be a 32. God I love Capitalism! The true motivator of mankind..
    1. DTRocker's Avatar
      DTRocker -
      lets hope if this is true that they try a new marketing strategy by sellin the 16gb model at 549.99 and not the normal 649.99. If not this just proves apple is out for our cash and has no ear in listening that its consumer want a high GB option. I have been questioning apples antics lately on whether they build products for its consumer or for their pockets. then they wonder why their market shares across its product line up has started to turn around
    1. patoons's Avatar
      patoons -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      The day you lose your phone, you will be wishing you had an iCloud backup.
      you can still do local iTunes backups ya know
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      i think its mostly cost efficient to be selling the 16gb profits are higher with low gb but people will still buy it cuz it a 100 cheaper when u upgrade
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Apple it smart, they know there's money in the 16GB phone. I know a ton of people that purchase the smaller size or "cheap" entry level phone when they get a new one because they don't want to spend a lot and really only use the phone to send text messages and make calls. They're just making more money by adding it in the line-up!
    1. talkin73's Avatar
      talkin73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      iCloud is rock solid. Bullet proof for me from Day 1. Not sure I believe those who say they've lost stuff in iCloud. More likely user error.
      Your credibility was shot the moment you refused to consider that a problem could exist anywhere other than with the user. Also demonstrates close mindedness. Problems with cloud based services are well documented in myriad locations online. Glad it works perfectly for you every single time without even the slightest issue at all. But I'm confident that isn't the case for many others.
    1. iBwizzle's Avatar
      iBwizzle -
      Smh. . . A straight slap in the face and iTards take it with honor!