• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Launches "Why There's Nothing Quite Like iPhone" Campaign Online


    Apple has launched a new campaign on its Web site on Friday with the main title focusing on "Why There's Nothing Quite Like iPhone," which compliments Apple's "If it's Not an iPhone, it's Not an iPhone" commercials quite well.

    The new Web site puts focus on various things that the iPhone does best when compared to lower quality competitors, including:

    • hardware and software designed for each other
    • having the world's most popular camera
    • having an App Store with over 1.5 million applications to choose from
    • having top-of-the-line security
    • being able to control what information is shared with people and apps
    • having Touch ID for secure authentication
    • having Apple Pay for speedy wallet-less checkout
    • having one great messaging application with powerful features
    • having useful health information
    • having some of the world's best accessibility features for disabled individuals
    • having world-class support


    Apple's iPhone is available in 4-inch, 4.7-inch, and 5.5-inch flavors in various colors and storage sizes. To learn more about the iPhone and its new campaign, you can head over to Apple's new Web page at this link.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Launches "Why There's Nothing Quite Like iPhone" Campaign Online started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      The most important thing they forgot to mention was that it's jailbreakable (granted, takes a bit to get there, but it's jailbreakable). Being jailbreakable is the ONLY reason I own an iPhone, nothing else but that. No jailbreak means worst device ever. Jailbreak means best device ever. It's night and day, believe it or not.
    1. dollface54's Avatar
      dollface54 -
      ^^^ me too ^^^
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      I'd rather have a Razr V3xx than an Android.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      The most important thing they forgot to mention was that it's jailbreakable (granted, takes a bit to get there, but it's jailbreakable). Being jailbreakable is the ONLY reason I own an iPhone, nothing else but that. No jailbreak means worst device ever. Jailbreak means best device ever. It's night and day, believe it or not.
      Your kidding right? Jailbreak means it's unsecure, meaning it can be hacked. Jailbreak is not a desirable feature. Yes I jailbreak
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      The most important thing they forgot to mention was that it's jailbreakable (granted, takes a bit to get there, but it's jailbreakable). Being jailbreakable is the ONLY reason I own an iPhone, nothing else but that. No jailbreak means worst device ever. Jailbreak means best device ever. It's night and day, believe it or not.
      I don't believe it's the worst device ever. It's a phone with Internet and music. We mustn't forget it's still a telephone which is its main purpose and it does a great job.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      Your kidding right? Jailbreak means it's unsecure, meaning it can be hacked. Jailbreak is not a desirable feature. Yes I jailbreak
      It's all about what you do with your jailbreak. If you're not a jailbreak power user, then the merits of a jailbreak are trivial to you. In my case, those merits are extremely important, enough to realize that a non jailbroken iPhone is utter garbage and practically useless (IMHO and when compared to a jailbroken one).
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      I don't believe it's the worst device ever. It's a phone with Internet and music. We mustn't forget it's still a telephone which is its main purpose and it does a great job.
      True, but to me it's utter garbage when compared to a jailbroken iPhone. To put it into perspective: eating poisoned shards of glass wrapped in aluminum foil would be a much more pleasant experience than using stock iOS after having used jailbroken iOS.
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      if we're going to argue that!..then why not just get a Droid? You can Root it..which is the same thing as Jail breaking. I've been jail breaking since the 3G, and grant it...it was a GREAT Phone, but the OS was lacking, BUT...with teh Coming of iOS9, and with iOS8 and 7...the need to Jail break becomes less & less important, I'm currently Running Beta iOS9 and tbh it kinda Like it..about the only thing i miss is Winterboard & Barrel & the Free Wi-Fi Tweak, BUT...beyond that I'm not really Missing anything. The Phone is Still Great with..or w/o being Jail broken, because of One thing--->Simplicity.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
      if we're going to argue that!..then why not just get a Droid? You can Root it..which is the same thing as Jail breaking. I've been jail breaking since the 3G, and grant it...it was a GREAT Phone, but the OS was lacking, BUT...with teh Coming of iOS9, and with iOS8 and 7...the need to Jail break becomes less & less important, I'm currently Running Beta iOS9 and tbh it kinda Like it..about the only thing i miss is Winterboard & Barrel & the Free Wi-Fi Tweak, BUT...beyond that I'm not really Missing anything. The Phone is Still Great with..or w/o being Jail broken, because of One thing--->Simplicity.
      But, I absolutely abhore Android, the usage I get out of jailbreaking is not theming or changing how it looks or any of that useless stuff, it's tweaks like Activator, Bioprotect, flipcontrolcenter, disturbplease, multiiconmover, push for gmail, and a heap more that add pure FUNCTIONALITY to the phone, not theming or any of that useless stuff. Bioprotect prevents someone from turning off the phone (granted, pressing home + power will turn it off) so that if some dumb idiot steals my phone and they can't turn it off I have a chance to find it. It's things like those that I jailbreak for, not some dumb theming.
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      But, I absolutely abhore Android, the usage I get out of jailbreaking is not theming or changing how it looks or any of that useless stuff, it's tweaks like Activator, Bioprotect, flipcontrolcenter, disturbplease, multiiconmover, push for gmail, and a heap more that add pure FUNCTIONALITY to the phone, not theming or any of that useless stuff. Bioprotect prevents someone from turning off the phone (granted, pressing home + power will turn it off) so that if some dumb idiot steals my phone and they can't turn it off I have a chance to find it. It's things like those that I jailbreak for, not some dumb theming.
      That's the main reason I jailbreak as well. I love my tweaks more then theming. I love changing the look but I'll take tweaks any day over theming.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      It's all about what you do with your jailbreak. If you're not a jailbreak power user, then the merits of a jailbreak are trivial to you. In my case, those merits are extremely important, enough to realize that a non jailbroken iPhone is utter garbage and practically useless (IMHO and when compared to a jailbroken one).
      I jailbreak for tweaks and theme but Apple will never brag and feature Jailbreaking, simply put Apple Does not want iOS to be open its closed to "protect" the user experience. Apple prides itself in controlling products so Apple makes the most money out of products. An un jail broken IPhone is still way ahead of android in stability and ease of use. So we differ there.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      I jailbreak for tweaks and theme but Apple will never brag and feature Jailbreaking, simply put Apple Does not want iOS to be open its closed to "protect" the user experience. Apple prides itself in controlling products so Apple makes the most money out of products. An un jail broken IPhone is still way ahead of android in stability and ease of use. So we differ there.
      I do agree that iOS is much more stable than Android and I would only use Android the day jailbreaking is no longer possible, but as someone who's time using a non-jailbroken iPhone has been little over 1 minute (lol), if someone has never jailbroken their iPhone before, then iOS is awesome, but once you experience all you can do with a jailbreak, then you truly realize how crappy and useless iOS really is. I have friends who had never jailbroken before, but after I jailbreak their iPhones and show them how useful they can truly be, they immediately develop this insanely intense hate and disgust towards stock iOS and Apple lol. But I understand Apple, if I was in their position, I would do all in my power to prevent jailbreaking and just make things "simple" for customers since that's where the money is.
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      I do agree that iOS is much more stable than Android and I would only use Android the day jailbreaking is no longer possible, but as someone who's time using a non-jailbroken iPhone has been little over 1 minute (lol), if someone has never jailbroken their iPhone before, then iOS is awesome, but once you experience all you can do with a jailbreak, then you truly realize how crappy and useless iOS really is. I have friends who had never jailbroken before, but after I jailbreak their iPhones and show them how useful they can truly be, they immediately develop this insanely intense hate and disgust towards stock iOS and Apple lol. But I understand Apple, if I was in their position, I would do all in my power to prevent jailbreaking and just make things "simple" for customers since that's where the money is.
      Tbh, I used to think like you as well but iOS has come a good ways. I mainly jailbroken for bitesms and the music app tweaks. Not with quick reply bitesms isn't needed as much, although I miss the quick compose feature. And the music app is now greater than any jailbreak tweak created for it. It's surpassed my expectations greatly. Not to mention Notification Center widgets and safari desktop version and other improvements. With ios9, I could honestly say I could live with a stock iPhone, which I couldn't say before back in ios7 and under. I have tethering around with my plan and security is of no issue with me as far as ppl stealing my phone. It's on me at all times.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      Tbh, I used to think like you as well but iOS has come a good ways. I mainly jailbroken for bitesms and the music app tweaks. Not with quick reply bitesms isn't needed as much, although I miss the quick compose feature. And the music app is now greater than any jailbreak tweak created for it. It's surpassed my expectations greatly. Not to mention Notification Center widgets and safari desktop version and other improvements. With ios9, I could honestly say I could live with a stock iPhone, which I couldn't say before back in ios7 and under. I have tethering around with my plan and security is of no issue with me as far as ppl stealing my phone. It's on me at all times.
      My friend, iOS stock quick reply is a joke, try this:

      With replies set to banners, try writing a reply to someone and tap outside the typing space, now your typed reply is gone and yo lost what you had written prior to hitting send, this is unacceptable.

      But here's the worst offender of them all:

      Change notifications to alert and receive a text and start typing a reply. If you receive another text before you've hit send, your typed text is gone.

      The quick reply implemented by Apple is an insult, having no quick reply is still years ahead of the crap they have implemented, they should be ashamed.

      Bitesms is no more but I'm hoping a similar tweak surfaces, NONE of the current ones even come close, Messages+ is the only one that's better than nothing but still lacks significantly. Waiting on Ma Jun to maybe release Messages, which seems promising and is similar to Bite.

      It all depends on how much of a jailbreak power user you are, I am a severe power user so iOS will NEVER be enough for me and I will NEVER use it without a jailbreak, and I don't think it has come a long way, for me, iOS has been the same locked up crappy system since its conception and nothing has changed, which is why I jailbreak
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      My friend, iOS stock quick reply is a joke, try this:

      With replies set to banners, try writing a reply to someone and tap outside the typing space, now your typed reply is gone and yo lost what you had written prior to hitting send, this is unacceptable.

      But here's the worst offender of them all:

      Change notifications to alert and receive a text and start typing a reply. If you receive another text before you've hit send, your typed text is gone.

      The quick reply implemented by Apple is an insult, having no quick reply is still years ahead of the crap they have implemented, they should be ashamed.
      Yeah.. This is utterly maddening.. well.. the first one you mentioned. I've never experienced the second one - because I never use 'alerts' only ever banners. But that typing a reply in Apple's QUICK REPLY and then just 'barely' by accident clicking outside the type area and you lose your whole text. I almost drop kicked my phone on two occasions because of that bugger. Apple needs to clean that up. But if you're jailbroken - there's a tweak that prevents losing your typing in Apple's Quick Reply. Sorry.. forget it's name right now. So because of that tweak I no longer miss biteSMS. There are a couple of other tweaks that when put together replace all the functionality of bite.. So I no longer miss it. But your point is still well taken. Apple 'almost' gets there on a number of features and then falls short. That's why we need to JB.
    1. Neojok's Avatar
      Neojok -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Yeah.. This is utterly maddening.. well.. the first one you mentioned. I've never experienced the second one - because I never use 'alerts' only ever banners. But that typing a reply in Apple's QUICK REPLY and then just 'barely' by accident clicking outside the type area and you lose your whole text. I almost drop kicked my phone on two occasions because of that bugger. Apple needs to clean that up. But if you're jailbroken - there's a tweak that prevents losing your typing in Apple's Quick Reply. Sorry.. forget it's name right now. So because of that tweak I no longer miss biteSMS. There are a couple of other tweaks that when put together replace all the functionality of bite.. So I no longer miss it. But your point is still well taken. Apple 'almost' gets there on a number of features and then falls short. That's why we need to JB.
      It's "NoTouchCancelReply"
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      My friend, iOS stock quick reply is a joke, try this:

      With replies set to banners, try writing a reply to someone and tap outside the typing space, now your typed reply is gone and yo lost what you had written prior to hitting send, this is unacceptable.

      But here's the worst offender of them all:

      Change notifications to alert and receive a text and start typing a reply. If you receive another text before you've hit send, your typed text is gone.

      The quick reply implemented by Apple is an insult, having no quick reply is still years ahead of the crap they have implemented, they should be ashamed.

      Bitesms is no more but I'm hoping a similar tweak surfaces, NONE of the current ones even come close, Messages+ is the only one that's better than nothing but still lacks significantly. Waiting on Ma Jun to maybe release Messages, which seems promising and is similar to Bite.

      It all depends on how much of a jailbreak power user you are, I am a severe power user so iOS will NEVER be enough for me and I will NEVER use it without a jailbreak, and I don't think it has come a long way, for me, iOS has been the same locked up crappy system since its conception and nothing has changed, which is why I jailbreak
      That's not an issue anymore. Replies are in the messages app. I can provide a video if you don't believe me. I believe iOS 8.4 fixes that. I'm a power user as well but the more I use a jailbroken phone the more I realize the phone runs a lot better the less tweaks you have. I've weened myself off having a hundred tweaks because too many issues arise. Running my phone is safe mode provides for a much more pleasant experience and the battle life significantly increases. I've just come to realize most tweaks are a luxury but not a necessity. Sure, I'll always prefer a jailbreak over stock but if I didn't experience the slowdown, lag, incompatibilities, and such, it's also a plus. It's like should I go with a powered up, short battery life, slowed iPhone or go with a stock basic functional, fast longer lasting iPhone. I will say one thing I just almost can't live without is safari downloader. Even uploaded is pretty damn useful.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      That's not an issue anymore. Replies are in the messages app. I can provide a video if you don't believe me. I believe iOS 8.4 fixes that. I'm a power user as well but the more I use a jailbroken phone the more I realize the phone runs a lot better the less tweaks you have. I've weened myself off having a hundred tweaks because too many issues arise. Running my phone is safe mode provides for a much more pleasant experience and the battle life significantly increases. I've just come to realize most tweaks are a luxury but not a necessity. Sure, I'll always prefer a jailbreak over stock but if I didn't experience the slowdown, lag, incompatibilities, and such, it's also a plus. It's like should I go with a powered up, short battery life, slowed iPhone or go with a stock basic functional, fast longer lasting iPhone. I will say one thing I just almost can't live without is safari downloader. Even uploaded is pretty damn useful.
      I really haven't experienced lag, this might be due to the fact that I only have the tweaks that are a necessity and not any of the theming tweaks, etc. I have only about 30 tweaks (thus far) that I deem necessary, and no slowdowns for me at all, ever.

      I believe the reason people experience negative experiences with a jailbreak is because they don't understand that you just can't install the first new tweak that is created, you need to wait until it's been tested and so on to see if there are no incompatibilities, etc.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      I agree with you about learning about tweaks. But it's a fact that jb phones are slower and have less battery life. It can be a little or a lot. But one jailbreak liability 'is' iOS slow down and battery life loss. Has been the case for me with every jailbreak since iOS 4 and I make sure all the tweaks I use are very stable and most current.

      But - the slight lag and worse battery life I experience is worth it for the customizability. A stock iPhone is not a device I'm interested in - at all.
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      I agree with you about learning about tweaks. But it's a fact that jb phones are slower and have less battery life. It can be a little or a lot. But one jailbreak liability 'is' iOS slow down and battery life loss. Has been the case for me with every jailbreak since iOS 4 and I make sure all the tweaks I use are very stable and most current.

      But - the slight lag and worse battery life I experience is worth it for the customizability. A stock iPhone is not a device I'm interested in - at all.
      Amen to those 2 last sentences brother!! Stock iOS = paperweight device