• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Stops Signing iOS 8.3, No Longer Possible to Downgrade From iOS 8.4


    One week after the official release of iOS 8.4 to the public, Apple has officially stopped signing the iOS 8.3 firmware as of Tuesday morning.

    The change means that it's no longer possible to downgrade to iOS 8.3 from iOS 8.4. While for most, this isn't that big of a deal, those that are unhappy with the changes to the Music application's user interface, which has been tailored for Apple Music and Beats 1, are now destined to stick with it. Many find that the interface is much less intuitive for locally-stored music as Apple pushes users to sign up for music streaming.

    Fortunately for jailbreakers, this is no big deal, as Apple's iOS 8.4 firmware is fully jailbreakable with TaiG and is also the latest firmware available at this point in time. This means that jailbreakers have no real reason to downgrade unless they fall into the category of people discussed above where the new Music application UI is horrendous to them.

    Apple is preparing iOS 9 for a Fall release this year; it's current in beta stages for developers to test and it brings a number of stability improvements, new features, and battery life to the mobile operating system.

    Source: iTunes via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Stops Signing iOS 8.3, No Longer Possible to Downgrade From iOS 8.4 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      I hate that they do this it's your device you should be able to have it on what ever firmware you want
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      I hate that they do this it's your device you should be able to have it on what ever firmware you want
      Yeah but can you imagine the support needed if they had to keep support open for every single firmware. All the people that would cry about why something isn't working on 6.1 when we're approaching 9.0. If everyone is on the same firmware it's so much easier to deal with as a company. And frankly all I hear is loads of people always have issues with their phones I couldn't imagine the extra amount of people for other firmwares.
    1. Answer1o1's Avatar
      Answer1o1 -
      8.4 is jailbroken. There is no reason to downgrade to 8.3
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Yeah but can you imagine the support needed if they had to keep support open for every single firmware. All the people that would cry about why something isn't working on 6.1 when we're approaching 9.0. If everyone is on the same firmware it's so much easier to deal with as a company. And frankly all I hear is loads of people always have issues with their phones I couldn't imagine the extra amount of people for other firmwares.
      According to apple's site you get 90 days of phone support when you purchase an iphone. I don't see how this is an issue. If people want more support it costs them and even then you can only get an additional two years.
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      8.4 is jailbroken. There is no reason to downgrade to 8.3

      Agreed. I think articles like this are useless.
    1. SirAllecrop's Avatar
      SirAllecrop -
      Why can't I get this jailbreak to work. Always stops at 30% and my computer that has the latest iTunes it says that I don't have iTunes installed. I don't get it
    1. miketurbo123's Avatar
      miketurbo123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SirAllecrop View Post
      Why can't I get this jailbreak to work. Always stops at 30% and my computer that has the latest iTunes it says that I don't have iTunes installed. I don't get it
      Erase your current TaiG and redownload it from the TaiG website. They updated the jailbrake tool to fix the 30% problem I too had.
    1. sknet's Avatar
      sknet -
      Quote Originally Posted by SirAllecrop View Post
      Why can't I get this jailbreak to work. Always stops at 30% and my computer that has the latest iTunes it says that I don't have iTunes installed. I don't get it
      send you iphone to me i will do it for FREE!
    1. ryanDC's Avatar
      ryanDC -
      Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
      send you iphone to me i will do it for FREE!
      Isn't jailbreaking FREE anyway [emoji57]
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      According to apple's site you get 90 days of phone support when you purchase an iphone. I don't see how this is an issue. If people want more support it costs them and even then you can only get an additional two years.
      Because people don't upgrade their devices and they want people to be up to date. It's the same with OSX updates, if you call support, they're going to ask for you to be up to date in their first questions. Apple wants iOS to be more secure and past versions aren't as secure as the current versions. So from a support and security standpoint, that's why..
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
      Erase your current TaiG and redownload it from the TaiG website. They updated the jailbrake tool to fix the 30% problem I too had.
      Did you do a fresh restore? I completely deleted the up to date ITunes and put on the last iTunes because I had so many problems myself
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Yeah but can you imagine the support needed if they had to keep support open for every single firmware. All the people that would cry about why something isn't working on 6.1 when we're approaching 9.0. If everyone is on the same firmware it's so much easier to deal with as a company. And frankly all I hear is loads of people always have issues with their phones I couldn't imagine the extra amount of people for other firmwares.
      This isn't an issue. Apple doesn't have to give support at all and most issue with older firmware's are probably covered anyway on they're support forums or via a Google search
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
      Isn't jailbreaking FREE anyway [emoji57]
      But not someone's time.
    1. SirAllecrop's Avatar
      SirAllecrop -
      I erased the taig. Downloaded the new one. Restored my iPad to factory settings then tried the jailbreak and still nothing. Stuck at 30%
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      This isn't an issue. Apple doesn't have to give support at all and most issue with older firmware's are probably covered anyway on they're support forums or via a Google search
      They don't want people to have a bad experience. For 99% of users, it would create more problems than be helpful
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      I'm tired of "Apple doesn't want users to have bad experience " if that was true they would test the new iOS versions better.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      They don't want people to have a bad experience. For 99% of users, it would create more problems than be helpful
      How would you have a bad experience, on Firmware that has already been used by thousands if not more people, your argument doesn't make sense. A lot of older firmwares are more stable and more enjoyable to use
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      How would you have a bad experience, on Firmware that has already been used by thousands if not more people, your argument doesn't make sense. A lot of older firmwares are more stable and more enjoyable to use
      And new firmwares always bring new problems anyway. They all will forever have security holes.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by SirAllecrop View Post
      I erased the taig. Downloaded the new one. Restored my iPad to factory settings then tried the jailbreak and still nothing. Stuck at 30%
      run taig app as Administrator