• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple iPhone 5c Saves a Life From a Shotgun Blast


    A 25-year-old victim in Cheshire is alive and well today after an iPhone 5c saved his life from the blast of a sawed-off shotgun.

    Shown above, in an image from Cheshire police, you can see what is left after the plastic back of the iPhone 5c took most of the brunt from the shot.

    It was a close-range shot fired by a 19-year old gang member, who has been being charged with and found guilty of attempted murder and the possession of a firearm with the intent to endanger life. The weapon was found near the crime scene hidden in a bush.

    Police say that while the victim still suffered some small injuries near the abdominal area from stray shot and the forces of the blast, the iPhone being in his jacket pocket where it was at the time of the shooting saved his life.

    Sources: Cheshire Police Press Release
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple iPhone 5c Survives Shotgun Blast, Saves a Life From Certain Death started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Wow. Pretty cool
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Could've at least mentioned Cheshire, UK. ALSO, being familiar with iPhone 5C internals, there is no way that the iPhone 5C survived that as the title implies.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Could've at least mentioned Cheshire, UK. ALSO, being familiar with iPhone 5C internals, there is no way that the iPhone 5C survived that as the title implies.
      When the article said Cheshire, I assumed Cheshire UK.

      I'm not sure why they said the phone survived either. From the picture it's pretty clear it would not be usable at all any more.
    1. rolandgabor's Avatar
      rolandgabor -
      "iPhone is a hero" "iPhone saves baby's life" " iPhone pulls victim out of fire" " iPhone gave CPR to car crash victims"
      Whatever.
    1. RandyTG's Avatar
      RandyTG -
      The title should read "Apple iPhone 5c Owner Survives Shotgun Blast, Saved From Certain Death"
    1. ZipZapp's Avatar
      ZipZapp -
      A gang-banger with a green phone. No wonder they were trying to kill him.
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      Im calling out for mythbusters to give this one a test
    1. oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
      oldskoolsk8r -
      I thought England has a ban on weapons funny how a gang banger got his hands on one, let's leave the people defenseless so the criminals can still get their guns way to go England!
    1. Mrinfame's Avatar
      Mrinfame -
      Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
      A gang-banger with a green phone. No wonder they were trying to kill him.
      This is one of those thoughts u keep in your head....not blurt out and think its funny.What does phone color have to do with life value? So you relate phone color to a justifiable cause of murder intent...and then you want people to laugh...lol im laughing at you
    1. Mrinfame's Avatar
      Mrinfame -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      "iPhone is a hero" "iPhone saves baby's life" " iPhone pulls victim out of fire" " iPhone gave CPR to car crash victims"
      Whatever.
      Now this i can laugh at... true so true
    1. luvmytj's Avatar
      luvmytj -
      Is there anything an iPhone can't do!? So even with all the gun laws in the UK this guy had an illegal gun? Whoa, somebody better tell America that a no-gun law doesn't keep criminals from getting guns! Whew, glad we found that out before we went that route. Looks like the USA really dodged the bullet with that one!
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
      Looks like the USA really dodged the bullet with that one!
      Pun intended?
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Could've at least mentioned Cheshire, UK. ALSO, being familiar with iPhone 5C internals, there is no way that the iPhone 5C survived that as the title implies.
      Are you familiar with the physics behind (what looks like) birdshot or powdered metal blasts too? You're looking at half the equation and coming to conclusions you have no reason to come to.

      An iPhone can for sure take birdshot.
    1. Fhadso's Avatar
      Fhadso -
      All the reason why iPhone is far superior than android? What if it had been a bible? What if it had been a cigarette lighter? What if it had been ANYTHING else? Propaganda, much?
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      When the article said Cheshire, I assumed Cheshire UK.

      I'm not sure why they said the phone survived either. From the picture it's pretty clear it would not be usable at all any more.
      The title states the Apple iPhone 5c saves a life from a shot gun blast. It never said anything about the iPhone 5c surviving a shot gun blast.
    1. qt8707's Avatar
      qt8707 -
      This individual was probably standing next to a wall charger.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
      Are you familiar with the physics behind (what looks like) birdshot or powdered metal blasts too? You're looking at half the equation and coming to conclusions you have no reason to come to.

      An iPhone can for sure take birdshot.
      No. I am looking at the damage. Not all drops on the pavement destroy an iPhone 5C either, but any drop that peels the top of the housing back like that would. Vital components are mounted there. The top of the housing will not simply peel back and leave such things safely attached to the display and lower components with no damage.

      Like I said, those components and connections are vital. It isn't just a broken camera. That phone is toast.

      It looks like the author agrees with me because he edited the title to remove the part about the phone surviving. Why do you feel more strongly about it than the person who wrote this?
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
      The title states the Apple iPhone 5c saves a life from a shot gun blast. It never said anything about the iPhone 5c surviving a shot gun blast.
      It was edited. Originally it absolutely did say that the iPhone survived and saved a life.

      Now, why did you specifically say "never," knowing full well that they can edit it? We pointed it out specifically TO get them to edit it, they did, and then you act like some authority on past, present, and future iterations of the title to act like we were wrong.

      I thought about quoting it originally but I didn't realize people like you require that to make sense of the world.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrinfame View Post
      This is one of those thoughts u keep in your head....not blurt out and think its funny.What does phone color have to do with life value? So you relate phone color to a justifiable cause of murder intent...and then you want people to laugh...lol im laughing at you
      I'm laughing at someone else.
    1. rad1's Avatar
      rad1 -
      How could this have happened guns are illegal in the UK?