• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • No iPhone 6S for Apple? One Analyst Expects iPhone 7 to Debut Next


    Will Apple buck its multi-year trend of debuting an "S" model iPhone before jumping up to the next number in the series?

    According to one prominent analyst and market watcher, it doesn't look like there will be an iPhone 6s. We may get straight to iPhone 7 -- representing a major hardware update that could make the device a huge holiday seller as 2015 heads into the home stretch.

    KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Force Touch will be an epic selling point of iPhone 7, according to the U.K.'s Daily Mail.

    "Apple describes Force Touch as the 'most significant new sensing capability' since Multi‑Touch," the report notes. "It recognizes typical scrolling and pinching gestures, but it additionally tracks the pressure of a person's click and responds accordingly."

    Additionally, iOS 9 may be such a powerhouse that iPhone 7 will need some serious internal speed and power boosts to make the most of the experience. Chances are, we'll have a better sense of whether iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 is the likely next release once June's WWDC and the unveiling of iOS 9 take place.

    Source: DailyMail
    This article was originally published in forum thread: No iPhone 6S for Apple? One Analyst Expects iPhone 7 to Debut Next started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      My money is on a 6s in September or October rather than a 7 in June.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Who cares what someone else thinks(analyst) LOL, as I have said before, it's not final until Apple is on stage and says "Here it is"!

      Plus I don't see Apple breaking the trend every 2 years with a new design and only using a new phone frame for only 1 phone and then design a whole new one again a year later. Wouldn't be cost effective for them.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Who cares what someone else thinks(analyst) LOL, as I have said before, it's not final until Apple is on stage and says "Here it is"!
      Oh, the irony. Why should we care what you've said before? Are YOU a professional analyst with industry contacts? Is your opinion worth more than his well-reasoned one?

      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Plus I don't see Apple breaking the trend every 2 years with a new design and only using a new phone frame for only 1 phone and then design a whole new one again a year later. Wouldn't be cost effective for them.
      I have news for you:
      It wouldn't be any cheaper because Apple completely redesigns them every time regardless of what they look like outside. They look similar externally but they are very different inside. If anything, it's a design BURDEN to cram more within last year's footprint!

      Since 2010 their phone housings have been redesigned 8 times, which is far more than once every two years. The iPhone 4 GSM, iPhone 4 CDMA, and iPhone 4S were all very different inside so, clearly, they redesign more than once a year (certainly not every two years). The iPhone 5, 5C, and 5S were three designs in two years. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were two designs in one year. The only major component that could be swapped was the LCD/glass assembly (not the complete assembly with frame). Even then there were differences like the brightness sensor or the foam around the proximity sensor.

      It isn't just internal design either. The iPhone 4/4S bumper case was redesigned with a larger ringer switch hole to accommodate the various models. The 5S dual-LED flash and secondary noise-canceling mic caused trouble with many iPhone 5 cases (not to mention, TouchID!).
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Oh, the irony. Why should we care what you've said before? Are YOU a professional analyst with industry contacts?


      I have news for you:
      It wouldn't be any cheaper because Apple completely redesigns them every time regardless of what they look like outside. They look similar externally but they are very different inside. If anything, it's a design BURDEN to do more within last year's footprint!

      Since 2010 it has been redesigned their phone housings 8 times, which is far more than once every two years. The iPhone 4 GSM, iPhone 4 CDMA, and iPhone 4S were all very different inside so, clearly, they redesign in more than once a year (certainly not every two years). The iPhone 5, 5C, and 5S were three designs in two years. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were two designs in one year. The only major component that could be swapped was the LCD/glass assembly (not the complete assembly with frame). Even then there were differences like the brightness sensor or the foam around the proximity sensor.

      It isn't just internal design either. The iPhone 4/4S bumper case was redesigned with a larger ringer switch hole to accommodate the various models. The 5S dual-LED flash and secondary noise-canceling mic caused trouble with many iPhone 5 cases (not to mention, TouchID!).
      Why don't eat your own irony with your response LOL. Just like the analyst, it's just someones opinion and not fact. No I'm not a professional and never claimed to be either.

      Thank you for the(I have news for you) and stating the obvious with Apple modifying the internals of the (S) series frames iPhones which isn't that hard and easy for them to do. Your details of the iPhones since 2010 weren't needed. I have had a iPhone every year since the 3G.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Why don't eat your own irony with your response LOL. Just like the analyst, it's just someones opinion and not fact. No I'm not a professional and never claimed to be either.

      Thank you for the(I have news for you) and stating the obvious with Apple modifying the internals of the (S) series frames iPhones which isn't that hard and easy for them to do. Your details of the iPhones since 2010 weren't needed. I have had a iPhone every year since the 3G.
      Oh, man! You sure told me!
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Oh, man! You sure told me!
      My first comment was just a generalize comment and "just saying", because they post these analyst reports every year like it means something and it doesn't. You're the one that went off the deep end trying to tell me how stuff is and etc...
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      My first comment was just a generalize comment and "just saying", because they post these analyst reports every year like it means something and it doesn't. You're the one that went off the deep end trying to tell me how stuff is and etc...
      Yep.