• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's Watch Will Reportedly Feature a Low Power State Feature for Showing Time Only


    The Apple Watch is Apple's upcoming new wearable product that is not just a Watch, but also a miniature computer right on your wrist. We've already heard about how the Apple Watch will be safe to wear in the shower and how it's expected to be launched this month after the March 9th "Spring Forward" event, but another new feature that has been uncovered by the New York Times is catching our interest.

    According to the report, the Apple Watch will feature a low power state feature that will make it so the Apple Watch is only capable of showing the time, just like any other watch. This mode disables some of the wireless technology, application access, and many of the other features of the Apple Watch to save the battery on the device when the battery level gets low.

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Times
    Apple has said the watch battery is estimated to last a full day, requiring a user to charge it at night, similar to a smartphone. The company also developed a yet-to-be-announced feature called Power Reserve, a mode that will run the watch on low energy but display only the time, according to one employee.
    Users can reportedly toggle this feature on or off on their own, which prevents the watch from making decisions on the user without their consent. It would come in handy for the user when the battery starts getting low unexpectedly and the user needs a way to keep the device alive for a longer period of time before being able to charge with with a power source, such as while in transit or out and about shopping.

    Sources: New York Times via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Watch Will Reportedly Feature a Low Power State Feature for Showing Time Only started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. Cmds187's Avatar
      Cmds187 -
      need it to be water proof pass for now 18k would be the one [emoji109]
    1. TDH Advocate's Avatar
      TDH Advocate -
      I'm excited for the Apple Watch. Everyone I know says it's a waste of money (not disagreeing) but I am still excited to get my hands on one as soon as I can.
    1. Jozelito617's Avatar
      Jozelito617 -
      I will head to apple and touch it thats it unless god "S.jobs" decides to magically put 8 hours of BtRy into it lol! No wait R.i.p
    1. mulezsti's Avatar
      mulezsti -
      If this watch gives me the ability to listen to my iPod playlist with no wires to my Bluetooth headphones...it's worth the money. I'm tired of havering wires and anything on my arm.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by mulezsti View Post
      If this watch gives me the ability to listen to my iPod playlist with no wires to my Bluetooth headphones...it's worth the money. I'm tired of havering wires and anything on my arm.
      What exactly are you wanting? iPhones have Bluetooth currently.
    1. mulezsti's Avatar
      mulezsti -
      Yes but when I'm running, I find it difficult to have this Phablet on my arm.
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jozelito617 View Post
      I will head to apple and touch it thats it unless god "S.jobs" decides to magically put 8 hours of BtRy into it lol! No wait R.i.p
      What?
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by mulezsti View Post
      If this watch gives me the ability to listen to my iPod playlist with no wires to my Bluetooth headphones...it's worth the money. I'm tired of havering wires and anything on my arm.
      Umm. Just connect the Bluetooth headphones to the phone... You don't need the watch. I would however like to control my music from the watch.
    1. mulezsti's Avatar
      mulezsti -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Umm. Just connect the Bluetooth headphones to the phone... You don't need the watch. I would however like to control my music from the watch.
      So...where do you put your phone while running? I'm just saying it would be nice to have a watch with a little hard drive space to load my small playlists so I can connect my headphones to it and leave the phone with my stuff in my locker.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Umm. Just connect the Bluetooth headphones to the phone... You don't need the watch. I would however like to control my music from the watch.
      Quote Originally Posted by mulezsti View Post
      So...where do you put your phone while running? I'm just saying it would be nice to have a watch with a little hard drive space to load my small playlists so I can connect my headphones to it and leave the phone with my stuff in my locker.
      We're on the eve of the announcement, so we'll soon find out, but the info I've gathered from the hype is that as of this itineration you must be in range of the phone for it to function, so it won't actually store any music on the device. However, I believe the demo did show it supporting playback controls, so that should be available.

      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      What?
      He wants a bigger battery. Don't worry, took me a bit to figure it out too.
    1. Jozelito617's Avatar
      Jozelito617 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      We're on the eve of the announcement, so we'll soon find out, but the info I've gathered from the hype is that as of this itineration you must be in range of the phone for it to function, so it won't actually store any music on the device. However, I believe the demo did show it supporting playback controls, so that should be available.



      He wants a bigger battery. Don't worry, took me a bit to figure it out too.
      Thanks! U got it! U the man!
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mulezsti View Post
      If this watch gives me the ability to listen to my iPod playlist with no wires to my Bluetooth headphones...it's worth the money. I'm tired of havering wires and anything on my arm.
      From Apple's website: Music. Control the music on your iPhone without taking it out of your pocket. And when you leave iPhone at home to go for a jog, listen to music directly on Apple Watch.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      From Apple's website: Music. Control the music on your iPhone without taking it out of your pocket. And when you leave iPhone at home to go for a jog, listen to music directly on Apple Watch.
      I must have missed that. Very nice.
    1. mulezsti's Avatar
      mulezsti -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      I must have missed that. Very nice.
      +1. I miss it too. Thanks for the clarification. This will be great for working out.