• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Many Major Retail Companies Will Not Be Adopting to Apple Pay When Released


    Apple has yet to announce an official date for the launch of the highly anticipated feature, Apple Pay. The Cupertino-based company presented many retail companies such as Disney, Sephora, Staples, Macy’s, and more last month as companies that would be supporting this feature when released. However, it has been reported recently that there are many other retail companies out there that won’t be incorporating this system as a source of payment, at least not yet. Some of the big named companies like Best Buy, Sears, and Bed Bath and Beyond have already noted that they won’t have the system set up anytime soon according to The Daily Dot.

    The Daily Dot was able to compile a list of companies that won’t be participating in Apple Pay for now: Best Buy, H&M, Coach, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, Kmart, BP, Publix, Pizza Hut, Chipotle and last but not least Starbucks. Starbucks is a surprising one because they were noted by Apple to be a supporting company of Apple Pay. A representative from the popular coffee company did state however, that they would be incorporating Apple Pay in their iPhone app but won’t be accepting NFC payments in stores.

    When Apple Pay launches, it has been noted that some 220,000 retail stores will be accepting this feature. We will update you when the feature is released in iOS 8 or 8.1.

    Source: The Daily Dot
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Many Major Retail Companies Will Not Be Adopting to Apple Pay When Released started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      It might be as secure as Apple says but I won't be uploading my cards anywhere. In the uk we have chip & pin & contactless soooo....
    1. scroogelives's Avatar
      scroogelives -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      It might be as secure as Apple says but I won't be uploading my cards anywhere. In the uk we have chip & pin & contactless soooo....
      Contactless is a joke anyone can use your card for small transactions with out any check but at least with a iPhone 5s or 6 a finger print would be needed! Personally I can't wait for it to come to the UK
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      I can appreciate both sides' perspective on adoption of this technology. I would wonder if those who are for and use the new iphone and start shedding their credit cards from their wallets don't start shunning businesses that don't make it easier for them to make purchases. Merchants could start seeing a shift in their customers.
    1. urkel782's Avatar
      urkel782 -
      If ppl can get photos off of iCloud then they can get my information.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      It might be as secure as Apple says but I won't be uploading my cards anywhere. In the uk we have chip & pin & contactless soooo....
      You know those are not completely secure either right? At least, from my understanding, with Pay, no personal info or card info is ever exchanged.



      Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
      Contactless is a joke anyone can use your card for small transactions with out any check but at least with a iPhone 5s or 6 a finger print would be needed! Personally I can't wait for it to come to the UK
      5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.




      Quote Originally Posted by urkel782 View Post
      If ppl can get photos off of iCloud then they can get my information.
      People can get photos off iCloud or any other site or cloud service, IF you use WEAK passwords. Quit trying to make it seem like iCloud is not secure. As was stated by several celebrities, some of them didn't even have iCloud or any kind of iPhone or any other iDevice.
    1. urkel782's Avatar
      urkel782 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      You know those are not completely secure either right? At least, from my understanding, with Pay, no personal info or card info is ever exchanged.





      5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.






      People can get photos off iCloud or any other site or cloud service, IF you use WEAK passwords. Quit trying to make it seem like iCloud is not secure. As was stated by several celebrities, some of them didn't even have iCloud or any kind of iPhone or any other iDevice.
      Been a iPhone user since day one. Never missed a model. It's just I feel that some things aren't meant for Apple or there phones. How many of the stock apps to you really use? Do u you use the radio in your music app or the stock app or the health app in iOS 8. I kno I don't.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by urkel782 View Post
      Been a iPhone user since day one. Never missed a model. It's just I feel that some things aren't meant for Apple or there phones. How many of the stock apps to you really use? Do u you use the radio in your music app or the stock app or the health app in iOS 8. I kno I don't.
      wtf does that have to do with Pay and people getting photos off of iCloud??
    1. urkel782's Avatar
      urkel782 -
      You got it
    1. cmorebutt696's Avatar
      cmorebutt696 -
      Do you think apple stores will adopt apple pay???
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.
      Not that it matters for me but just curious... Will Apple pay work with an iPhone 5S in conjunction with an Watch since the Watch will have nfc and the phone has the fingerprint sensor?
    1. holyshnikes's Avatar
      holyshnikes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      Not that it matters for me but just curious... Will Apple pay work with an iPhone 5S in conjunction with an Watch since the Watch will have nfc and the phone has the fingerprint sensor?

      No. The Apple pay for the watch works by having a pin and skin contact. It uses a pin number and must be in contact with your skin. I feel as though this is less secure. You can you send your card with pin number just as fast as paying with Apple Watch.

      Maybe in the future it will work with a 5S. But they haven't announced anything about that.
    1. Dranon's Avatar
      Dranon -
      Yea I doubt THAT will happen very soon. The majority (99%) of people will NOT shed their cc for many months. Until they get used to/trust the system they will ALWAYS carry their card/s on them especially since not all retailers will accept it. After a year or so or more retailers that did not jump on will make their decision after they see how this new system affects their sales. It would be like someone NOT shopping somewhere because they did not take Amex but only Mastercard/Visa. I doubt that happens at all.

      Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
      No. The Apple pay for the watch works by having a pin and skin contact. It uses a pin number and must be in contact with your skin. I feel as though this is less secure. You can you send your card with pin number just as fast as paying with Apple Watch.

      Maybe in the future it will work with a 5S. But they haven't announced anything about that.
      The watch still has an NFC chip in it The 5S does NOT.
    1. kyphur's Avatar
      kyphur -
      A reason to NOT buy into Apple Pay...

      Credit Card Companies already get a percentage of every swipe, now Apple will get a percentage also. This will drive prices up as the retailers don't want to eat the difference.
    1. holyshnikes's Avatar
      holyshnikes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
      Yea I doubt THAT will happen very soon. The majority (99%) of people will NOT shed their cc for many months. Until they get used to/trust the system they will ALWAYS carry their card/s on them especially since not all retailers will accept it. After a year or so or more retailers that did not jump on will make their decision after they see how this new system affects their sales. It would be like someone NOT shopping somewhere because they did not take Amex but only Mastercard/Visa. I doubt that happens at all.


      The watch still has an NFC chip in it The 5S does NOT.
      I wasn't saying that the iPhone 5S had NFC in it. What I was suggesting was that the Apple Watch would scan, but get its verification, (instead of pin number) from the 5S's TouchID.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
      A reason to NOT buy into Apple Pay...

      Credit Card Companies already get a percentage of every swipe, now Apple will get a percentage also. This will drive prices up as the retailers don't want to eat the difference.
      Did you even see the ridiculously small percentage Apple is taking??? something like less than 0.01% per transaction. I don't remember the exact percentage, but it 's a rather small fraction of a percent.
    1. blagger69's Avatar
      blagger69 -
      I think the whole idea is pointless! Seeing as I can use my bank card like I do for everything else, why would I want to use this?
    1. rockyseay's Avatar
      rockyseay -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      You know those are not completely secure either right? At least, from my understanding, with Pay, no personal info or card info is ever exchanged.





      5S may have TouchID but it doesn't have NFC, Pay will only work with iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Watch.






      People can get photos off iCloud or any other site or cloud service, IF you use WEAK passwords. Quit trying to make it seem like iCloud is not secure. As was stated by several celebrities, some of them didn't even have iCloud or any kind of iPhone or any other iDevice.
      They use the same encryption standard. Putting information that you don't want others to gain in the cloud is just stupid.

      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Did you even see the ridiculously small percentage Apple is taking??? something like less than 0.01% per transaction. I don't remember the exact percentage, but it 's a rather small fraction of a percent.
      Now figure that in with billions in sales.
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
      Contactless is a joke anyone can use your card for small transactions with out any check but at least with a iPhone 5s or 6 a finger print would be needed! Personally I can't wait for it to come to the UK
      It may well be joke but only small transactions £20 can be made. With my details in the cloud wouldn't make me feel safe. As I said it could be Apple or the man down the road who says it's safe but I'll never use it! That's just my PoV and I'm sure many will use it but not me. I won't even use online banking app on my Samsung tab lol
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
      They use the same encryption standard. Putting information that you don't want others to gain in the cloud is just stupid.



      Now figure that in with billions in sales.
      Of $1 Billion in transactions, that comes out to $100k at 0.01%

      Hardly a staggering figure considering the transaction amount. I'll have to dig and search for the actual percentage, but it's really not that much.
    1. rockyseay's Avatar
      rockyseay -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Of $1 Billion in transactions, that comes out to $100k at 0.01%

      Hardly a staggering figure considering the transaction amount. I'll have to dig and search for the actual percentage, but it's really not that much.
      You know you wrote that completely wrong right. 0.01 is 1% which is far more than 100k. It's actually 10 million.