• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • NFL Players No Longer Allowed to Wear Beats Headphones in Front of Cameras


    For those who didn’t know, many Beats commercials used popular athletes to help market their well-known headphones. Many times, these commercials marketed the fact that Beats headphones can tune out a lot of outside distractions when athletes are getting ready to play an important game. However, it has been recently reported by Re/code that the NFL has signed a new deal with Bose. With this new contract, NFL players are no longer allowed to wear Beats headphones when in sight of T.V. cameras. Training camp interviews, game and practice sessions, before games and up until an hour and a half after games are all included on the limitations.

    According to a Beats spokesperson,

    Over the last few years athletes have written Beats into their DNA as part of the pre-game ritual. Music can have a significant positive effect on an athlete’s focus and mental preparedness and has become as important to performance as any other piece of equipment.
    Beats had commercials not only with NFL athletes Richard Sherman and Colin Kaepernick, but also with World Cup stars. During the World Cup, Beats had a commercial titled ‘The Game Before The Game” which featured many different athletes. However, Sony was the sponsored company and also had a similar restriction, banning players from using Beats headphones within the arenas.

    Source: Re/code
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NFL Players No Longer Allowed to Wear Beats Headphones in Front of Cameras started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      crappy headphones for a crappy quarterback
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      Now I want to buy a pair of Beats just because of this kind of BS.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      doesn't matter what brand anything athletes wear, they get paid for it, regardless if it's brand x, y, or z. Those that fall for that kind of stuff will change to whatever they wear/use.
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
      +1
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
      ++1 The only reason I would wear them is if I was paid. Sound quality is horrible compared to Bose and others of equal value. At the same time, kind of sad that you cannot wear the headphones of your choice.
    1. JDavisMedia's Avatar
      JDavisMedia -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
      That sounds pretty opinionated to me.. I use my Beats Pro's for audio in my work, as I am a film editor. And I most definitely love the quality of the sound they deliver. Maybe it's not your preference, but that doesn't automatically mean they "suck".
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JDavisMedia View Post
      That sounds pretty opinionated to me.. I use my Beats Pro's for audio in my work, as I am a film editor. And I most definitely love the quality of the sound they deliver. Maybe it's not your preference, but that doesn't automatically mean they "suck".
      The great thing about the internet/America is I'm aloud to be opionated, and as you can see from the other posts I'm not the only one who thinks Beats headphone's suck! Yeah they might look cool, but that's about all they have going for them. If someone were to do a professional audio test between Beats and Bose (assuming you could find a pair to compare), Bose would win hands down. So yeah, that is my preference.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
      Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.
      Word
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.
      First off I never claimed to be an "audio enthusiast" like you say; second the only reason why I brought up Bose is because they were specifically mentioned in the article as the new sponsor for the NFL. If it were my choice between the two I would take Bose over Beats anyday of the week, I guess I don't see why that's funny...oh well!
    1. rmSX13's Avatar
      rmSX13 -
      Shure and Grado are definitely way better headphones compared to Beats and Bose's sub-par sound quality.
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      First off I never claimed to be an "audio enthusiast" like you say; second the only reason why I brought up Bose is because they were specifically mentioned in the article as the new sponsor for the NFL. If it were my choice between the two I would take Bose over Beats anyday of the week, I guess I don't see why that's funny...oh well!
      It's funny because it reveals how LITTLE you know about a comparison you PRETEND to know something about. You not being an enthusiast while pretending to know how they compare is exactly my point, so never having claimed to be one is irrelevant. Newsflash: it was cool to hate on Bose BEFORE it was cool to hate on Beats.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      It's funny because it reveals how LITTLE you know about a comparison you PRETEND to know something about. You not being an enthusiast while pretending to know how they compare is exactly my point, so never having claimed to be one is irrelevant. Newsflash: it was cool to hate on Bose BEFORE it was cool to hate on Beats.
      Lol! You're a moron for still continuing this conversation, I honestly can care less what you think. And NEWSFLASH: hating on either doesn't make you cool and has nothing to do with why I don't like them...
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      Lol! You're a moron for still continuing this conversation, I honestly can care less what you think. And NEWSFLASH: hating on either doesn't make you cool and has nothing to do with why I don't like them...
      I think you mean that you could NOT care less, otherwise it means that you do care a little.

      I am calling you out for jumping on a bandwagon. Like it or not, the fact that you did this without knowledge or experience indicates that you did so because the bandwagon is popular ("cool"). You heard that Beats were crap and you jumped to the closest alternative without even considering if it was also crap. *I* am the one who doesn't care if it makes cool or not.

      I've never owned any audio-enthusiast gear and never owned Bose and never owned Beats. I spent $5,000 on my television and have no surround sound setup. Why? Because my hearing sucks and I am not about to spend thousands on equipment I can't properly enjoy.