• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS Device Owners Using iOS 8 Experiencing Battery and Wi-Fi Issues


    As highlighted by the folks over at PCMag, iOS device owners using iOS 8 have took to the Apple support forums to complain about Wi-Fi problems and battery issues in a thread that is now several pages long.

    Multiple devices appear to be affected by a Wi-Fi bug, including the iPhone 5S, the iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 Plus, the iPad Air, the Retina iPad mini and more. Some users were reportedly able to fix the problem by disabling Wi-Fi networking under, Privacy> Location Services> System Services.

    The other issue appears to be significant battery drainage. Several users are complaining that their iOS device batteries drain much faster than usual on iOS 8. According to one user, his battery drained from 100% to 0% in four hours with minimal usage; a sentiment which was echoed by many other users as well.

    These two issues seem to be the more prominent on the forums but there are many users who are running into plenty of other bugs and issues as well. The Cupertino California company appears to have plans for an iOS 8 update thatís coming in the near future, which is set to bring support for Apple Pay and several features that are currently missing from the software including SMS Relay. Much like any other update, it is likely to come with bug fixes and hopefully, the fixes will resolve the issues people tend to be having with their iOS devices on iOS 8 right now.

    Source: PC Mag
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS Device Owners Using iOS 8 Experiencing Battery and Wi-Fi Issues started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. atorres062's Avatar
      atorres062 -
      Has anyone been experiencing cellular issues? I'm on AT&T iPhone 6+ and I've been having a lot of drop calls.
    1. Streebs87's Avatar
      Streebs87 -
      I've been having the wifi issues. Had to reboot my phone a handful of times so far. Just did the disable thing in the Location Services for wifi networking. Hopefully that works. I have a 5c. Haven't noticed too much of a battery problem though. Maybe slightly, but nothing major.
    1. smuggler's Avatar
      smuggler -
      I do not plan on updating until the evad3rs do their magic with the iOS firmware. I'm happily on 7.1.2 and have been all year. I think this is one of the most stable jailbreaks I've had since like 4.2.1. just miss being able to restore all the time using tiny umbrella. oh do I miss tiny umbrella, does anyone know of something similar or that achieves a similar result?
    1. bry2k2's Avatar
      bry2k2 -
      Here we go, another rushed to market failure. lol
    1. Thai702's Avatar
      Thai702 -
      Yeah. I'll let it cool down a bit. Give them the chance to work on things and then I probably get one. For now, I'm happy with my carrier unlocked 5s iOS 7.1.2 jailbreak^^

      P.S. I'm assuming you cannot downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2 huh?
    1. Noodles46's Avatar
      Noodles46 -
      No problems here. Battery life is decreased by half an hour max on iphone, but iPad air is running as smooth as before.
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
      I do not plan on updating until the evad3rs do their magic with the iOS firmware. I'm happily on 7.1.2 and have been all year. I think this is one of the most stable jailbreaks I've had since like 4.2.1. just miss being able to restore all the time using tiny umbrella. oh do I miss tiny umbrella, does anyone know of something similar or that achieves a similar result?
      ? ILEXRAT maybe?
    1. magoo657's Avatar
      magoo657 -
      So far so good on my iPhone 5, the battery life is a little bit shorter but oh well. And for some reason on 7.1.2 it would heat up constantly now with 8.0 it takes quite of bit of intensive processes for it to start heating up!
    1. thegost4u's Avatar
      thegost4u -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thai702 View Post
      Yeah. I'll let it cool down a bit. Give them the chance to work on things and then I probably get one. For now, I'm happy with my carrier unlocked 5s iOS 7.1.2 jailbreak^^

      P.S. I'm assuming you cannot downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2 huh?
      no sir, you still can do downgrade ! apple is still signing ios7
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      I've had no problems of any kind with my iPhone 6.
    1. Thai702's Avatar
      Thai702 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thegost4u View Post
      no sir, you still can do downgrade ! apple is still signing ios7
      Hmmm.. So if I get the iPhone 6 now, i can downgrade it? Just a thought, I probably not gonna do that..
    1. Answer1o1's Avatar
      Answer1o1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thai702 View Post
      Hmmm.. So if I get the iPhone 6 now, i can downgrade it? Just a thought, I probably not gonna do that..
      iPhone 6 doesn't run iOS 7. So no. I'm having WiFi issues. Like it won't find WiFi's I have to always reboot to see anything. Pretty annoying :-/
    1. angel_92701's Avatar
      angel_92701 -
      So, help me here. they test the iOS 8 for several months, just release the last version. it is assumed that its the final version all good and stable, i meant. WIFI... cell drop calls ,,come on. thats the most important things for most of the people. how can't they not notice that.
    1. ritchdan's Avatar
      ritchdan -
      Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
      I do not plan on updating until the evad3rs do their magic with the iOS firmware. I'm happily on 7.1.2 and have been all year. I think this is one of the most stable jailbreaks I've had since like 4.2.1. just miss being able to restore all the time using tiny umbrella. oh do I miss tiny umbrella, does anyone know of something similar or that achieves a similar result?
      Hey buddy I use a tweak called ilex rat basicly that will remove all cydiq tweaks and dependencies but will just leave cydia. Nice if you want to start fresh
    1. kalpesh78's Avatar
      kalpesh78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Here we go, another rushed to market failure. lol
      YOu're right dude. I don't know why Tim is rushing into things. Personally I don't mind a phone every 2 years and a minor software bump every year. iOS is good as it is.
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      I don't think the OS was a rush job. I feel that all OS's have issues when initially launched. Yes yes..they should have been worked out in beta. Well, they didn't. We are the testers now so keep complaining. I am sure a fix is on the way.
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Oh now the battery has problems? Let everyone tell it before this article came out the battery was superb!
    1. hopethemodworx's Avatar
      hopethemodworx -
      Damn wifi issues! Retina mini doesn't load movies on YouTube or web pages. IOS 8 sucks so far.

      Apple should let everyone be beta testers without having to pay for it. Obviously those who are paying for it don't pay much attention or know what the hell they are doing.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      I was one of the ones in that thread having issues. It's something to do with iOS 8, and not a hardware problem. The iPads in the house running iOS 7 connect just fine. One was recently updated to iOS 8 and would no longer connect over wifi.

      We bought a new (way more powerful) router and now the house is soaked in a strong signal and all is well. I realize that's not the best solution for everyone, but the cost to hire someone to fix it would have been just as much in either our time or their time spent troubleshooting.

      Networks suck - I hate trying to fix them. I probably have about 500 hours of networking troubleshooting experience and I still have very little idea as to how to fix most network problems. There are 8,000,000 combinations of settings and if any two of them are wrong then weird stuff happens. I hate it.
    1. hopethemodworx's Avatar
      hopethemodworx -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      I was one of the ones in that thread having issues. It's something to do with iOS 8, and not a hardware problem. The iPads in the house running iOS 7 connect just fine. One was recently updated to iOS 8 and would no longer connect over wifi.

      We bought a new (way more powerful) router and now the house is soaked in a strong signal and all is well. I realize that's not the best solution for everyone, but the cost to hire someone to fix it would have been just as much in either our time or their time spent troubleshooting.

      Networks suck - I hate trying to fix them. I probably have about 500 hours of networking troubleshooting experience and I still have very little idea as to how to fix most network problems. There are 8,000,000 combinations of settings and if anyone two of them are wrong then weird stuff happens. I hate it.
      If this didn't fix the problem,go to settings privacy and system settings,and turn off wifi networking. This fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps.